What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Royce Freeman, LAR (1 Viewer)

Royce Freeman rushed 11 times for 51 yards in Houston's Week 15 loss to Kansas City, adding one catch for five additional yards.​

We know what you're thinking: "Who?" Freeman joined the team after Dameon Pierce was placed on IR yesterday and was the hottest hand in a backfield that averaged 3.5 yards per carry. He also was cut and re-signed to the practice squad by the team several times this season. Is there fantasy value here? It's the Texans so probably not. He essentially split carries with Dare Ogunbowale. But it's not like the other Texans backs have been roundly impressive. Freeman's got a desperation FLEX pulse for Week 16 against Tennessee.
Dec 18, 2022, 5:14 PM ET
Thanks for finally doing something, my highest-ever dynasty drafted player.

Adam Koffler
My final take on the Rams backfield based on everything I’ve heard over the last few days is that it’ll be Royce Freeman leading the way

Myles Gaskin just got there and has no relationship w/ McVay, Darrell Henderson might not be in game shape, and Zach Evans is still “learning”

Sounds like dude read my post in the Kyren Williams thread from Thursday.

Seriously I wonder how much that happens because we'll have some discussions here and then I'll see fantasy writers on twitter putting out that info. Like if you did not know better you'd think some of them might scour sites like this for ideas to pass off as their own.

After losing Chubb and Dobbins and with Spears and Pierce on bye.... I'm gonna start him :shades:
I thought Henderson was the darling this week? First, people blowing their entire FAB on Evans, then the Henderson hype, now Freeman, LOL.
Well Williams has been a stud so far this season so I think people are chasing those points here.

The reality is that part of why Williams has been so good is that he was not sharing opportunities with anyone else though. Thats hard to find in todays NFL.

I would also say its been mismanagement of Williams playing him as much as they have when he did have a injury that they played him through and now he is injured further. This is why teams split playing time between RBs to help prevent this from happening. But not McVay. We can go back and look at how he played Akers so early after his achilles injury as another example of this lack of precaution with RBs.

I think people are going to be dissapointed if they start any of these RB as I think the Rams throw the ball a ton and their RBs will be blocking more than getting the ball in this game but who knows?

Freeman is Shefter's "long shot" this week. Whatever that's worth.
Freeman has been riding practice squads and benches in the league for years now. Heck, even when he was a starter he didn't do anything. There's a reason for that. I don't see him doing anything worth picking him up, much less starting him.

Henderson has at least had some big games for the Rams in the past...I would think he's the safer bet.
Feels like the correct answer is to not touch this with a twenty foot barge pole unless you have no other options, and then pray you get the correct red zone look

I’m interested to see what Freeman does against a vulnerable Seahawks run D. Dude has a healthy 4.3 ypc vs 2.8 for Henderson

Users who are viewing this thread