What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rashaad Penny, CAR (1 Viewer)

If Penny can make It through this week healthy, he could be a league winner with his schedule. I could easily see him winning titles for teams in week 17 vs the Lions.

If Penny can make It through this week healthy, he could be a league winner with his schedule. I could easily see him winning titles for teams in week 17 vs the Lions.
Or he could get hurt in the 1st quarter of next weeks game and knock you out of the playoffs. Each scenario is probably just as likely.

Pretty easy to see last night coming (including the temporary back injury). Thanks for the week 14 win Rashaad, but no way I can trust this dude next week. (I was fortunate enough to win this week and luckily picked up RoJo to slide into my flex spot.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty easy to see last night coming (including the temporary back injury). Thanks for the week 14 win Rashaad, but no way I can trust this dude next week. (I was fortunate enough to win this week and luckily picked up RoJo to slide into my flex spot.)

Didn't need him last night but may need him this week.

At home against CHI a better matchup.

May hold my nose and take the plunge unless I can find some other sleeper with a higher projection. Covid may create opportunity.

Didn't need him last night but may need him this week.

At home against CHI a better matchup.

May hold my nose and take the plunge unless I can find some other sleeper with a higher projection. Covid may create opportunity.
Initial projections I’ve seen are #21 RB this week; seems high although he looked ok when he was out there. My other options are Freeman or maybe Duke J so might be forced to roll with him and close my eyes. 

He may be my drop this week to try and grab Ronald Jones.  Just can't really trust what happens when Collins comes back...plus Dallas mixed in.

Got burned sitting both Penny and Damien Harris today (for RoJo and Jacobs). I'm PROBABLY gonna survive (Need 29 points combined from Kamara, Lamb and the Dallas D) but I'll have a tough choice on my hands next week. Penny vs Detroit is pretty tempting.

I believe Penny could have a nice day in what is a favorable matchup.  However, I would have to be very desperate at RB to trust my Championship game to Penny.
Exploit!

I don't think having Penny in your RB2 or Flex spot is all that desperate. I have a short list of others that seem more desperate than a late season RB coming on for his contract play next year, this is his last year on his rookie deal. He has been getting a steady diet of touches and the Seahawks don't have much to play for except to see what they might have for next year. Also the Detroit Lions are not going to pose a huge threat to them. 

100 scrimmage yds and a TD seem like a good possibility. 

Exploit!

Exploit!

I don't think having Penny in your RB2 or Flex spot is all that desperate. I have a short list of others that seem more desperate than a late season RB coming on for his contract play next year, this is his last year on his rookie deal. He has been getting a steady diet of touches and the Seahawks don't have much to play for except to see what they might have for next year. Also the Detroit Lions are not going to pose a huge threat to them. 

100 scrimmage yds and a TD seem like a good possibility. 

Exploit!
Lions run D has allowed the 3rd most fantasy points per game to the RB position. Penny to the bank.

How are people feeling about Penny this week? 
A Penny for our thoughts? 

I think you could do a lot worse - they’ll probably be running the ball a lot today in a favorable matchup. The main concern is if game script does turn pass heavy, he’s not used much in the passing game.

Dropped him in home league and that hurts way more than the victory of using him in another. Because he’s being used against me in a ship. Maybe his dynasty value is resurrected a bit

hes going the Cedric benson route 

Survived vs Penny on account of St Brown getting absolutely everything on the opposite end, but he's going to have won a lot of people their leagues

My 18-team league has a roster cap of 3-RBs. Freeman, Hubbard and Burkhead were my RBs coming into championship week thanks for injuries. Most other owners have checked out since their season has been over.  Cut Hubbard to make room for Penny last night out of the free agent pool and started him over Freeman. That move looks like it might be the difference for me. Definite league winner.

2022:  he’s a UFA, correct?  All things considered still “young” and lots of tread still on the tires.

What happens?  SEA looks in flux, no idea what this team will look like come next season.  Do they give him money, does someone else give him more?  I’d love to get rewarded for sticking with him this long and would love for him to get his at the same time considering what he’s been through.  

Footballguys rankings big fail with Penny this week. They had him ranked so low. Very disappointing. 
He was fairly high on most websites, I'm not piling on FBG but just saying that sometimes you gotta see what the collective group says. 

Penny was on avg about 15th this week and then you gotta factor in it was Detroit and the writing was on the wall. 

To be fair MoP screwed up and played Zeke over Boston Scott, Sony Michel but I did have Penny as my RB2 and that helped a lot. 

2022:  he’s a UFA, correct?  All things considered still “young” and lots of tread still on the tires.

What happens?  SEA looks in flux, no idea what this team will look like come next season.  Do they give him money, does someone else give him more?  I’d love to get rewarded for sticking with him this long and would love for him to get his at the same time considering what he’s been through.  
With the running back market the way it is and Penny’s injury history I do not see anyone ponying up starter money for him. He will most likely end up on a one year deal to see if he can go a full season.

Inside the Numbers Behind Rashaad Penny's Torrid Hot Streak

Excerpt:

Continuing to run wild as he heads towards free agency, Rashaad Penny set a new career-high with 170 rushing yards on just 25 carries and scored a pair of touchdowns in the Seahawks dominant 51-29 win over the Lions on Sunday.

Coming off another impressive performance, Penny now has 516 rushing yards in Seattle's past five games, the second-most in the NFL behind only Colts MVP candidate Jonathan Taylor. Per TruMedia, he also has the second-highest yards per carry average among qualified backs (6.53) during that span, trailing only Patriots standout Damien Harris.

"Rashaad ran like crazy again," coach Pete Carroll gushed. "Someone asked me during the week, what does Rashaad Penny have to do to, whatever. He's just got to go play again. That's all we have to do is get him back out there again. He looked great again today. It's a big boost. You can see the rhythm it gives our offense, the balance that gives our offense to be able to be that explosive and he looked great again."

After injuries dogged him during his first three-plus seasons in the NFL, Penny has finally been able to stay healthy and showcase the skills that led to the Seahawks taking him with the No. 27 overall selection in the 2018 NFL Draft. Capitalizing on great run blocking in front of him and making tacklers miss regularly, the former San Diego State star has simply been electric since taking over as the starting running back in Week 13, bringing the team much-needed balance on offense.

"He is just running with confidence, you can see the switch that he has had over the past few weeks," tackle Duane Brown said. "I think it is a combination of things, but [Rashaad] Penny has been a force to be reckoned with over the last few weeks. The guys up front, I take pride in my guys, whenever we dial up the run, we want to make it happen, so they continue to do it. To have him go over 100 yards in the first half, there is no better feeling in the world.”

Users who are viewing this thread