What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rachaad White, TB (1 Viewer)

What are people's expectations on him? I recently traded for him (help fill the void of Chubb getting injured) due to the amount of volume this guy has been seeing, which I love, but I'm kind of having buyers remorse. I haven't had to start White yet due to bye week, and his schedule seems to be getting a little easier but Vaughn got some touches the last game, not sure if that was due to the game being in hand vs Saints. Would love to continue to see the goal line carries, 14-18 carries and 2-4 receptions.
I have him in two leagues, but didn't always like him. When he came out, going against PAC-12 "defenses" & that his height to weight ratio didn't lend itself, were the concerns. A lot of contact surface for tacklers & lacks that twitchy suddenness to slip contain. But purportedly bought into their weight/conditioning program & got himself ready to assume a larger role. I started paying closer attention when it was reported that Brady liked him a lot. Probably wrong but despite the matchup I'm leaning toward him over Dameon Pierce & Miles Sanders. in another league I'm more sure about starting him over Brian Robinson, who also has a tough matchup.

I do wonder if Tucker is going to get a longer look at some point. Not that he’s done much in limited opportunities, but still more of an unknown.

State of Tampa Bay running game.

@gregauman

There are 71 running backs with 15+ carries this season, and Bucs backups Sean Tucker (1.7 yards/carry) and Ke'Shawn Vaughn (1.5 yards/carry) are the two worst in yards/carry. Only players carrying that much and averaging worse are three QBs: Garoppolo, Goff and Pickett

Starter Rachaad White isn't much better -- he's averaging 3.3 yards per carry, down from 3.7 his rookie year. That ranks him 27th out of 33 backs with 50+ carries. On pace for 789 yards over a full season, but not with an effective running average.

Was heavily debating on starting him tonight in dynasty(PPR) but ultimately sat him. Kinda regret that now.

He’s a very good pass catcher, and it’s good to see him getting more involved. I just wish their offense was a little more creative.

Was heavily debating on starting him tonight in dynasty(PPR) but ultimately sat him. Kinda regret that now.

He’s a very good pass catcher, and it’s good to see him getting more involved. I just wish their offense was a little more creative.

I thought he looked dynamic

probably not going to score many TDs RoS but love his floor with the targets

he ran better tonight but they gave up on running the ball after they went down 14

Bucs have struggled to run the ball the last 1.5 years, feel like he's a solid RB2/Flex guy but how much upside is there in that offense?

I thought he looked dynamic

probably not going to score many TDs RoS but love his floor with the targets

he ran better tonight but they gave up on running the ball after they went down 14

Bucs have struggled to run the ball the last 1.5 years, feel like he's a solid RB2/Flex guy but how much upside is there in that offense?

I didn't start him either but I agree

Mayfield has turned into what every one thought he was and that was baker mayfield. I bought a little bit of the preseason hype about him and land godwin and white but that offense just doesn't have enough yards to go around.

Same here, I rolled with James Cook instead. I did think about it, I watched Hockenson on Monday night, the ankle, it got me thinking he might see a lighter workload this week. So I bought into the perceived upside of Kincaid & started him over Hock. But starting two pieces of the Bills offense vs Tampa I questioned. This is a 3-4 team, the margin for lineup errors, negligible. Have the most points against & I've played enough to know that whoever is subject to that, it's not impossible, but your chances are next to nil.

Im nervous Chase Edmonds might eat into some of his workload as he gets back up to speed. For whatever reason Bucs continue to try to feed Vaughn and Edmonds.

Im nervous Chase Edmonds might eat into some of his workload as he gets back up to speed. For whatever reason Bucs continue to try to feed Vaughn and Edmonds.
Did you watch last night's game? I saw no reason to worry about Edmonds. No RB is going to take all of the snaps so I would expect Edmonds and Vaughn to continue to get looks, but I think at this point even the White deniers have to admit that he is the best option for the Bucs right now, and it isn't even really close.

Seems likes he’s improving a little in ypc lol. Dude is a stud receiver no doubt
I never saw the replay again. But his second TD looked like it should have been a reception TD. He caught it and extended over the goal line on top of defenders.

No challenge and he plunged it in anyways.

So no harm to the team or Whites numbers.

Why do I know this? Because I own and started Baker and lost by 4.

When I was looking at yards per target yesterday I noticed that White has a very good 8.2 on 33 receptions so far.

He has caught 97% of his targets.

While he may not be that good as a rusher that is hyper efficient as a receiver.
hes getting the touches for sure, well worth a flex start

What are the dynasty thoughts on Rachaad?

Looking to possibly sell high now in my deep keeper league, but also don't want to trade away a strong future fantasy asset.

He's young and has clearly emerged as the top dog in the backfield. Tremendous receiver, but his lack of rushing success gives me some concern that they may try to replace him, or at least make him the receiving back to complement a rushing hammer. Just not sure if his rushing struggles are more him or the offensive line.

Looking to possibly sell high now in my deep keeper league, but also don't want to trade away a strong future fantasy asset.

He's young and has clearly emerged as the top dog in the backfield. Tremendous receiver, but his lack of rushing success gives me some concern that they may try to replace him, or at least make him the receiving back to complement a rushing hammer. Just not sure if his rushing struggles are more him or the offensive line.
He gets the goal line looks as well

He gets the goal line looks as well
Agreed - and seems to be converting them reasonably well.

Just trying to think ahead next year and beyond as to what his role may be.

Honestly I think the rushing struggles are a Jason Licht philosophy in a way. Not purposefully necessarily, but his tendencies. He does not draft interior offensive linemen. Ever. He strictly drafts highly graded pass blocking tackles and then converts them to guard/center. Great for pass blocking. Not so great for run blocking.

Unless the GM changes after the season (very possible as outside of Tom Brady's first two seasons this team has been pretty bad) I would not expect Rachaad's rushing numbers to improve significantly.

They have been a bottom tier rushing team since 2015. I think White can clearly play, but he needs some space to improve as a runner.

Honestly I think the rushing struggles are a Jason Licht philosophy in a way. Not purposefully necessarily, but his tendencies. He does not draft interior offensive linemen. Ever. He strictly drafts highly graded pass blocking tackles and then converts them to guard/center. Great for pass blocking. Not so great for run blocking.

Unless the GM changes after the season (very possible as outside of Tom Brady's first two seasons this team has been pretty bad) I would not expect Rachaad's rushing numbers to improve significantly.

They have been a bottom tier rushing team since 2015. I think White can clearly play, but he needs some space to improve as a runner.
I prefer pass catching RBs any day over run only backs .

I think most fantasy guys do, but his value would be higher if he were a bigger threat as a runner as well.

To answer @zamboni 's questions specifically though obviously we need to know what the return for Rachaad is. There's no real on the roster competition for him unless Sean Tucker develops to take an early down role, but a regime change could impact Rachaad significantly, and if the Bucs keep losing that could be coming after the season.

Rachaad was just added to the injury report, knee, now listed as questionable.
Is this alarming enough for people to be sitting him (if you have options obviously)?
I don't have enough information, but a late introduction to the injury report is rarely a good thing.
Edmonds a good pick up off waivers now??
If you’re weak at RB or flex grab him. If White sits he could be a good one week rental esp if your league is PPR

Adam Schefter

"Buccaneers added RB Rachaad White to their injury report on Saturday as questionable for Sunday’s game only as a matter of precaution, per source. There is nothing structurally wrong with White’s knee, it briefly locked up on Friday and, just to be careful, the Buccaneers added him to their injury report. But he is playing Sunday vs. the Colts and, in the words of a source, “he is fine.”"

I really don’t like selling elite receiving backs. Even if his career goes to not being a main guy this guy has an ideal Alvin Kamara profile when he’s properly used (15-18 touches max). Or even Reggie bush really. Receptions plus goal line work are so much more valuable than a Grinder back.

If you can sell him as a workhorse back and get a top 3 dynasty pick, great. Just not sure people will be paying that. Or say you get a tank dell or zay flowers, are you taking that?

I really don’t like selling elite receiving backs. Even if his career goes to not being a main guy this guy has an ideal Alvin Kamara profile when he’s properly used (15-18 touches max). Or even Reggie bush really. Receptions plus goal line work are so much more valuable than a Grinder back.

If you can sell him as a workhorse back and get a top 3 dynasty pick, great. Just not sure people will be paying that. Or say you get a tank dell or zay flowers, are you taking that?
There are 4 RB's on the roster that have carried the ball this year, and believe it or not, Rachaad's paltry 3.3 YPC leads the bunch. He's by far the best receiver out of the backfield, and has averaged 18.2 touches a game this year. He is a workhorse RB, but will not demand workhorse RB value in a trade. Keep him and enjoy the ride, because he's currently RB8 in PPR. His crappy YPC is not his fault, and I'm sure the Bucs know that.

Good to hear it’s a minor knee thing for Rachaad - just hope they don’t limit him at all if it’s nagging him during the game or out of precaution.

I think most fantasy guys do, but his value would be higher if he were a bigger threat as a runner as well.

To answer @zamboni 's questions specifically though obviously we need to know what the return for Rachaad is. There's no real on the roster competition for him unless Sean Tucker develops to take an early down role, but a regime change could impact Rachaad significantly, and if the Bucs keep losing that could be coming after the season.
Nice to see Rachaad finally produce on the ground. Maybe he’s coming around as a runner with the OL playing better but also possibly an opportunity to sell high in dynasty if Bowles may be dead man walking.

Nice to see Rachaad finally produce on the ground. Maybe he’s coming around as a runner with the OL playing better but also possibly an opportunity to sell high in dynasty if Bowles may be dead man walking.
Bowles doesn’t have much to do with the offense. If things changed up top it may be good for Rachaad? He has been one of few bright spots though with solid production. That being said he’s already in year 2, and if you don’t believe in his talent being utilized by a new regime maybe he’s a sell? Backs that catch it like he does aren’t easy to find though. He’s shown he belongs. Either on the Bucs or with someone else.

I got him and Dillon before the season started for what is going to turn out to be a late 24’ 1st and 2nd. I didn’t know how to feel about that move at the time but he’s been an integral part of my team this season.

6th place iny half pt ppr league. Would have bet the farm he wouldn't be the lead back for the season. Big miss for me. Well done to those who invested.

6th place iny half pt ppr league. Would have bet the farm he wouldn't be the lead back for the season. Big miss for me. Well done to those who invested.
Well, I took White and hated the pick since I could have taken Montgomery or Kamara or James Cook. Was in love with his pass catching ability. Never thought he was a decent runner.

At least 13 PPR fantasy points for 7 weeks in the row.

He has had a really solid year. So I just lucked into this pick. Never would have thought out of Ekeler, Mixon and White as my top 3 RBs, that White would be my best back.

Users who are viewing this thread