What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Myles Gaskin, MIN (1 Viewer)

Hopefully he's ready, but not making a roster decision until the last moment is par for the course with Flo. 
Yeah, he can kiss my grits.

In all seriousness though, the delayed decision makes sense as noted above.

Last edited by a moderator:
So looks like Gaskin will be the lead back if healthy enough to go.  Ahmed and Washington both Doubtful.  Breida on Covid list.  I just hope if they do activate him that he really is healthy enough to play well.  We'll know a little more on Saturday when they decide whether to activate him or not.

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=13505

Could be activated Saturday

December 4, 2020

Coach Brian Flores said Friday that there's a chance Gaskin (knee) could be activated off IR on Saturday, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports.

ANALYSIS
Flores was officially non-committal about Gaskins' prospects of coming off IR, but given that Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) and DeAndre Washington (hamstring) are both doubtful for Sunday's game against the Bengals, and Matt Breida is dealing with an illness, the Dolphins are in dire need of backfield reinforcements. Gaskin was Miami's clear starter prior to missing the last four games due to an MCL injury, so if he's in shape to play he'll surely reclaim the lead role.

So looks like Gaskin will be the lead back if healthy enough to go.  Ahmed and Washington both Doubtful.  Breida on Covid list.  I just hope if they do activate him that he really is healthy enough to play well.  We'll know a little more on Saturday when they decide whether to activate him or not.

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=13505

Could be activated Saturday

December 4, 2020

Coach Brian Flores said Friday that there's a chance Gaskin (knee) could be activated off IR on Saturday, Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports.

ANALYSIS
Flores was officially non-committal about Gaskins' prospects of coming off IR, but given that Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) and DeAndre Washington (hamstring) are both doubtful for Sunday's game against the Bengals, and Matt Breida is dealing with an illness, the Dolphins are in dire need of backfield reinforcements. Gaskin was Miami's clear starter prior to missing the last four games due to an MCL injury, so if he's in shape to play he'll surely reclaim the lead role.
Music to my ears... hit on D Booker and looks like M Gaskin both FA pickups this early morning for free. On two separate teams of ours. Fire em up!

Myles Gaskin (knee, IR) is "trending toward" playing in Week 13 against the Bengals. 

ESPN's Cameron Wolfe said Gaskin, who has missed four games with a sprained knee, has a good chance to return against the Bengals. Gaskin has practiced for the past two weeks and would have to be activated to the 53-man roster by Saturday afternoon. The rest of Miami's backfield wiped out by injuries means Gaskin could step into a big workload against the Bengals. He would be a high-end RB2 based on volume alone if he suits up. 

SOURCE: Cameron Wolfe on Twitter

Dec 4, 2020, 5:39 PM ET

I got the alert @ 3:47 so pretty close!

You can officially put him in your lineup. He's been activated from IR so I assume he'll be active for the game.
Only real question is how healthy is he?  I'd feel better if there were interviews saying "I've never felt better since training camp opened" or something like that.

Matt Breida is on Covid list, Solvan Ahmed and Deandre Washington are both doubtful - I think Laird is the only RB they have left unless they bring up somebody from the practice squad.  So if Myles can handle it he should get the heaviest workload of the season.

Now do we know if it's Tua or Fitzmagic starting this week?

Link

Dolphins activated RB Myles Gaskin (knee) from injured reserve.

Gaskin hasn’t played since Week 8 but is expected to be out there for Week 13 against the Bengals in his first game back from a sprained MCL. With Salvon Ahmed (shoulder), Matt Breida (COVID), and DeAndre Washington (hamstring) out this week, Gaskin could slide right back into 20-plus touches with Miami installed as heavy home favorites. He should be in season-long lineups. Dec 5, 2020, 3:47 PM ET

Only real question is how healthy is he?  I'd feel better if there were interviews saying "I've never felt better since training camp opened" or something like that.

Matt Breida is on Covid list, Solvan Ahmed and Deandre Washington are both doubtful - I think Laird is the only RB they have left unless they bring up somebody from the practice squad.  So if Myles can handle it he should get the heaviest workload of the season.

Now do we know if it's Tua or Fitzmagic starting this week?
The dolphins are not activating their practice squad QB which I'd guess is a sign that Tua is healthy and Flores said if he's healthy he'll start.

The dolphins are not activating their practice squad QB which I'd guess is a sign that Tua is healthy and Flores said if he's healthy he'll start.
Yeah, I heard that all week.  I'd prefer Fitz myself in terms of giving the offense the best chance.  Esp. with Tua taking limited reps all week, and being a rookie, and probably not fully 100%, even if healthy enough to play.

Somebody dropped him for Snell yesterday before he was activated...obviously can't pick him up til waivers now this next week...not expecting I will get him in waiver order...but if I do...plotting who I drop.  D. Harris, Gurley (trending down hard and not sure I can really trust him ROS), RoJo....feeling I need to keep Booker if Jacobs goes down in the playoffs (but if he just doesn't look like he can handle it at all today...he is the easy drop to just play Gaskin or one of my other backs over Booker if Jacobs were to go down in the playoffs...especially with a tougher schedule).  I think Gaskin is a definite top 24 back ROS if healthy.

Somebody dropped him for Snell yesterday before he was activated...obviously can't pick him up til waivers now this next week...not expecting I will get him in waiver order...but if I do...plotting who I drop.  D. Harris, Gurley (trending down hard and not sure I can really trust him ROS), RoJo....feeling I need to keep Booker if Jacobs goes down in the playoffs (but if he just doesn't look like he can handle it at all today...he is the easy drop to just play Gaskin or one of my other backs over Booker if Jacobs were to go down in the playoffs...especially with a tougher schedule).  I think Gaskin is a definite top 24 back ROS if healthy.
I picked up Booker, Gaskin, and Snell on two different teams this week and at least 2 of the 3 will start.

Starting Gaskin in a Flex spot with solid options in one league.

Starting Booker in a RB 2 / Flex in another league with solid options.

Waiting on Snell as also have Connors. Connors most likely inactive. So Snell or Hollywood Brown in the Flex while passing on Gore so far.

I like Gaskin as a play today. I think the only place I *really* have a decision is between him at RB2 or Dobbins. And as much of a dumpster fire as the Ravens have been, I think I'm going Dobbins. I think he is more of a playmaker and I'm not worried about his knee. Risky though. If I didn't have another option I wouldn't think twice about Gaskin, though. 

Covid. 

Ugh. 

Got to be kidding me. Completely out of left field.

D. Washington worth grabbing? 

Hoping Gaskin is ok for week 15.

Another last second hit for my roster, as he was my flex. Now do I go Sanders, Claypool or Chark, or pick up Bernard against the might Dallas defense? LOL, this first playoff week has turned into something.

It's either Mostert back in for me or AB in the flex.

Just snagged Washington just in case Gaskin is out week 15 as well. DWash did perform well down the stretch last year when Jacobs was out.

Another last second hit for my roster, as he was my flex. Now do I go Sanders, Claypool or Chark, or pick up Bernard against the might Dallas defense? LOL, this first playoff week has turned into something.
Not much love for Bernard, but that Cowboy rush D is brutal.  Its also coming off a Monday night game.  Sanders is the worst option there.

Have a first round bye and was contemplating who to play vs Akers or Gaskins week 15.  So thankful have Akers.

Rotoworld:

Already out for Sunday's game against the Chiefs, Myles Gaskin (COVID-19) is also expected to miss Week 15 against the Patriots. 

Gaskin is COVID positive, so unless there are some gymnastics with when he first started displaying symptoms, he will be ineligible to suit up next week. COVID positive players must miss at least 10 days. With Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) likely to return some time before Week 16, Gaskin is suddenly a tenuous hold for the fantasy playoffs. DeAndre Washington will make the Week 14 start in his absence. We would probably cut Gaskin loose in re-draft leagues. 

SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter 

Dec 12, 2020, 5:02 PM ET

Washington is the play for this week.

But if Salvon is plays in week 15 I’m guessing he is the guy. 

Yeah, this sucks. Have a bye this week but was certainly hoping to run him out there in week 15 (And hopefully 16). Was able to get Washington, but my RB situation now looks pretty awful behind Henry. Bummer.

Non Gaskins owner who just scooped Washington. With Gaskins out this week AND next, he seems like a drop. Any word on if Abdullah is expected back next week (week 15), or is Washington looking at a workhorse role?

It's either Mostert back in for me or AB in the flex.

Just snagged Washington just in case Gaskin is out week 15 as well. DWash did perform well down the stretch last year when Jacobs was out.
Since Gaskins popped positive, he is almost certainly out next week as well. Non-Gaskins owner here who grabbed Washington. Is Ahmed expected back soon?

So is Gaskin 100% out this week?

Doing reading on various sites, some say he's out others say "if he's out D. Washington..."

Unclear to me.

Holding D. Washington and possibly going after L. Bowden.

So is Gaskin 100% out this week?

Doing reading on various sites, some say he's out others say "if he's out D. Washington..."

Unclear to me.
I think it’s assumed he’s out because of the 10 day COVID period that presumably started last Saturday. Even if the clock started clicking last Thursday, it probably wouldn’t be enough time to get cleared.

For those mentioning Bowden, he's primarily a WR. He's probably a good pickup either way, but not based on whether Gaskin plays. 

If Ahmed is back this week I'll assume he leads the backfield (since Gaskin is almost certainly out).

Assuming he is activated from Covid list...can we trust him to get the carries with how Ahmed did last week?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I NEED him (because Conner obviously isn't trustworthy and I can't just pray for a long Singletary garbage time TD again) but its not looking good. I have to think 50/50 split is probably best case scenario.

Oh well.

Assuming he is activated from Covid list...can we trust him to get the carries with how Ahmed did last week?
What helps Gaskin is that he’s probably been the best all-around RB, but unfortunately he’s been less effective running the ball than Ahmed has. So I agree it looks like an RBBC, and game flow may dictate who gets more touches.

If Gaskin activated can't trust this committee.  We have no idea how it will distribute plus Breida will get carries.

The best scenario in playing a Miami RB for championship week is if Gaskin isn't activated.

Myles Gaskin (COVID-19) practiced Wednesday. 

It looks like Gaskin, who has missed two straight games on the reserve/COVID-19 list, will be removed from the list soon. He would presumably resume his lead back duties in the Miami backfield if he's active in Week 16 against the Raiders. Salvon Ahmed probably won't retain fantasy relevance with Gaskin back in the fold. Gaskin would be a high-end RB2 against Vegas if he's able to play. 

RELATED: 

Salvon Ahmed

Dec 23, 2020, 1:32 PM ET

Myles Gaskin (COVID-19) practiced Wednesday. 

It looks like Gaskin, who has missed two straight games on the reserve/COVID-19 list, will be removed from the list soon. He would presumably resume his lead back duties in the Miami backfield if he's active in Week 16 against the Raiders. Salvon Ahmed probably won't retain fantasy relevance with Gaskin back in the fold. Gaskin would be a high-end RB2 against Vegas if he's able to play. 

RELATED: 

Salvon Ahmed

Dec 23, 2020, 1:32 PM ET
I think the bolded is baseless, idle speculation by the author. We have no idea if either guy will get the lion’s share or it will be a largely even split.

Had been eyeballing this matchup and now minus any info from Flores that Gaskin is leading the committee don't think I can play him.

Having said that, I said the same exact thing about Ahmed last week and if you took the plunge you were rewarded.

There may be enough touches for both of these guys to eat against the putrid LV run D, but I don't think I'll be doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread