What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (4 Viewers)

Bell gets paid regardless of if he plays or not, right? Why assume he would sign and play for league minimum?

Valid points, but knowing what we know about the guy:

1) He won't sign for the minimum

2) He won't take a backup role

I could be wrong, but I feel these points are as valid as what the other 2 posters presented.  It's not like the guy is worried about a SB run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bell gets paid regardless of if he plays or not, right? Why assume he would sign and play for league minimum?
I don't remember all the details. I think he still get 3 mill but cutting him cleared a bunch of cap space. Not 100% sure

Valid points, but knowing what we know about the guy:

1) He won't sign for the minimum

2) He won't take a backup role

I could be wrong, but I feel these points are as valid as what the other 2 posters presented.  It's not like the guy is worried about a SB run.
He was pretty quick to tweet that he wants to play immediately, and he knows there is no starter jobs out there.  Maybe he wants to shed his reputation, maybe he does want a SB, maybe he wants to show he can play for his next contract, who knows what his thinking is.  Either way I think he's going to sign somewhere fairly soon.

I think showcase for his next contract is his number 1 concern. CEH has been fine, but in that offense he is not lighting it up. I think Bell would be huge in KC.

That actually remains to be seen.  My assumption is based on what he's shown up to this point which is factual in nature.  That is a tweet from someone not Bell.  Of course he would say something like this.  He wants a payday.
I thought any money paid by his new team would be offset from what the Jets owe him. which means unless he gets more than 8 million this year he can sign for the minimum and not lose anything. 

Barnwell doesn't even list New England as a possible landing spot, which leaves me confused.

He's got Chicago, KC, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and San Francicso.

Interesting choices.  I sure hope he doesn't go to SF or NE. That'd ruin the trade value of two of my RBs.

I think showcase for his next contract is his number 1 concern. CEH has been fine, but in that offense he is not lighting it up. I think Bell would be huge in KC.
Idk maybe.  But it’s been 3 years since Bell was dynamic and relevant in Pittsburgh. He’s not the same guy IMO. 

I mean why play football at all.  He made some AWESOME rap videos.  Him and AB can form a band. 

Bob Fescoe @bobfescoe

Source: Bell expected to decide tonight or tomorrow morning where he will sign. I'm told its between the Chiefs and 4 other teams. Stay tuned.

Interesting choices.  I sure hope he doesn't go to SF or NE. That'd ruin the trade value of two of my RBs.
SF, SEA or TB would Be aggravating. 

Traded for Carson

RoJo is the zombie RB2 in Dynasty. They keep tryna kill my boy & he just keeps churning along. 

Mostert 5th round pick in redraft, looking likely to get more work moving forward. 

KC sounds like the perfect landing spot. 

I had none interest in Bell - like DND in redraft.

But his owners may just hit the jackpot if he goes to KC. Lots of holes in that offense with Mahomes throwing it around. 

He’s not the same guy IMO. 
He has always been a patient runner who waits for his blocking.  It's a style that doesn't work well with a horrible offensive line.  He was destined to fail with the Jets.  I thought he passed the eye test last year but he was constantly having to avoid being tackled in the backfield.  Hopefully, he is smart and takes less money to play for a team with great run blocking.

He has always been a patient runner who waits for his blocking.  It's a style that doesn't work well with a horrible offensive line.  He was destined to fail with the Jets.  I thought he passed the eye test last year but he was constantly having to avoid being tackled in the backfield.  Hopefully, he is smart and takes less money to play for a team with great run blocking.
Most of the potential landing spots being discussed have terrible O-lines at the moment. Chiefs is certainly not good (looked terrible even in their first game and that was against Houston, who haven't been stout, and that was with Osemele, their best run blocker), and Bears are below average at opening holes as well. Miami has some potential but their O-line is very young and inexperienced.

Can't see him succeeding as anything but a third down back in any of those scenarios.

Is Bell still good?  2016 was the last time he was elite and that was four years ago (he put up numbers in 2017, but his YPC was way down).  Granted, playing for the Jets can make anyone look bad, but I am not assuming he will go elsewhere and magically dominate again.

I think the bigger issue is whose value may he diminish. Right now fantasy owners of these guys are holding their breath:

CEH

Montgomery- Me

RoJo

Mostert

Carson

I think the bigger issue is whose value may he diminish. Right now fantasy owners of these guys are holding their breath:

CEH

Montgomery- Me

RoJo

Mostert

Carson
So true. I have Montgomery in 3 leagues as my 2/3 and am hoping Bell doesn't ruin what little value he has left. 

So true. I have Montgomery in 3 leagues as my 2/3 and am hoping Bell doesn't ruin what little value he has left. 
Monty has just put up some numbers against the toughest defenses vs RB's. Between the volume and upcoming schedule, I really think he will be a top 15 RB moving forward if Bell does not crash this party.

He will ideally be paired up with an immobile quarterback since he is an elite pass blocker and great at catching dump off passes.  Roethlisberger, Brady, Rivers, and Foles all fit the bill.  I'd love to see him on the Colts because of their run blocking and Rivers loving to throw to his running backs.  The Steelers might make the most sense since he has experience with Roethlisberger and the Steelers have an injury prone starting running back.

Interesting choices...if he wants a ring his best bet is KC, pure playing time is Miami and something in-between is Buffalo.

I get that the Jets aren't exactly the best place to play, but since 2017 (which includes his last year in PIT) . . .

- Of RB that had 500+ total rushing attempts, Bell ranks 23 out of 24 in YPC.
- Of RB that had 400+ total rushing attempts, Bell ranks 34 out of 35 in YPC.
- Of RB that had 300+ total rushing attempts, Bell ranks 43 out of 46 in YPC.
- Of RB that had 200+ total rushing attempts, Bell ranks 60 out of 67  in YPC.
- Of RB that had 100+ total rushing attempts, Bell ranks 83 out of 100 in YPC.

He can still haul in a bunch of dump off passes, but is he much more than a replacement level RB as a rusher at this stage of the game?

LET'S GO DOLPHINS!

*clap, clap, clapclapclap*

LET'S GO BILLS!

*clap, clap, clap*

My Fantasy Team's prospects

*clap, clap, clapclapclap*

must not be killed!

*clap, clap, clap*

Buffalo would be a good fit. 
Does this really make the Bills better? They currently rank 26th in YPC and 28th in rushing yards. Sure, it gives them a veteran and gives them a little more depth. If Bell couldn't do much running behind the Jets OL (NYJ are ranked 20th in YPC), would he do much better moving upstate?

Users who are viewing this thread