What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Keaton Mitchell, BAL (1 Viewer)

I got him for $39 of a $200 budget. Was my final $39, so I’m at $0 going forward. Dynasty IDP league, where I’m set everywhere else but RB. With Miles Sanders and AJ Dillon backing up Barkley and Jonathan Taylor, I needed a better backup RB, or someone with some upside. Kind of surprised I got him actually. With Barkley and Taylor yet to have their bye, he hopefully gives me a better fill in player than Sanders and Dillon.
Are you me? I also got him for 39/200 and it was also my last 39

I'm not either of you but I spent $24 of my last 36. It's likely my last big swing of the year but if it's another whiff that's fine, have a stacked club. but you can never have too many RBs with potential upside

No one cares about my fantasy team etc. but I blew my waiver priority on this guy today. I definitely feel like Lloyd Christmas.

Middle of the pack in my dynasty league, should i go all in on mitchell? Got $335 left of 1000. Is he the long term guy there? I assume dobbins is done.

Middle of the pack in my dynasty league, should i go all in on mitchell? Got $335 left of 1000. Is he the long term guy there? I assume dobbins is done.
He is never going to be the guy there, but if he can secure a 12-15 touch role, he will be very fantasy relevant. Explosive.

I don't trust Mitchell. Worth the risk of picking him up but I think his touches are going to be few and far between given Gus is the guy and Hill sees a ton of action.

Sort of agree... the only problem is, if you play in a blind bid waiver format you basically have to go bank to get him, so the risk to picking him up is rather large. An explosive RB on a run first offense half way through the year? I bet half my league goes 75%+ on him, and the winner goes 95%+.

What % FAAB are you guys bidding?
I got him for 25% of my FAAB

No one cares about my fantasy team etc. but I blew my waiver priority on this guy today. I definitely feel like Lloyd Christmas.
I am currently *hoping* to blow my waiver FAAB budget tonight. The deadline was 5 minutes ago and it takes about an hour to run. Will find out soon if my bids get there.

I can see the coaches on the sideline as this kid rips off 9 yards...11 yards... 40 yards TD , saying ''Hey, this kids pretty good , we should use him every week ''

A 138 yards on 9 carries ...thats an impressive debut

I don't trust Mitchell. Worth the risk of picking him up but I think his touches are going to be few and far between given Gus is the guy and Hill sees a ton of action.

Sort of agree... the only problem is, if you play in a blind bid waiver format you basically have to go bank to get him, so the risk to picking him up is rather large. An explosive RB on a run first offense half way through the year? I bet half my league goes 75%+ on him, and the winner goes 95%+.

What % FAAB are you guys bidding?
Update: I won him with $53/100.

Even with that spend, my hopes aren't that high. My 12 person league has 22 active roster spots with 4 more taxi and another 2 for IR, so there's just hardly ever any FA's worth anything out there and throwing down on lottery tickets once or twice a year is better than not taking a swing at all.

8 Missed Tackles Forced in 9 ATT is pretty amazing.

I've only found a couple players who exceeded that this year - Mostert had 10 one game (17 attempts), Bijan 9 (14 attempts), Pacheco 8 (15), McCaffery, Walker, Gibbs all had a game with 7, Achane's best was 6 in 18 ATT, McLaughlin having 6 in his 7-72 breakout game is probably the best comp.

There's something there.

Ravens RB Keaton Mitchell was added to the Week 10 injury report on Thursday, getting in a limited session with a hamstring issue.

why is this always happening with these players after you spend the big waiver money on them then this comes out has happened over and over this year.

With Tee out I might play him in a matchup where I’m a huge dog.. don’t like Hunt @ BAL or Allgeier @ARZ when I’m starting Bijan already. The safe 6-10 points play may not be enough for me to win so I need a home run.

Its crazy but i wish i had put Keaton in over D.Henry , god forbid i go against conventional wisdom . FF is a like a scrambled egg mind game

Not seeing enough touches to trust him. He’s making the best of them for sure though. Gus ain’t going away especially near the goal line

it's sacrilegious to say but his runs remind me of Barry
I agree with your sentiment, but still, your eyes may not be deceiving you.

Mitchell: 5' 8" 191
Sanders: 5' 8" 203

Oh I’m aware, self-aware, all the applicable wares. At best his career is Sproles, e.g., never a feature but one helluva supplement.

9 touches and 5 touches. Keep putting together packages for him, let’s see what he does with 10 or 12. Not like he’s eating into anyone’s role, nobody else in BAL rn has true upside.

He’s a weapon, unsheath him.

Oh I’m aware, self-aware, all the applicable wares. At best his career is Sproles, e.g., never a feature but one helluva supplement.

9 touches and 5 touches. Keep putting together packages for him, let’s see what he does with 10 or 12. Not like he’s eating into anyone’s role, nobody else in BAL rn has true upside.

It’s mind boggling to me his lack of usage. From an NFL not fantasy perspective - he obviously is not going to be a 20-30 touch back. But to not give him 10-12 touches a game is ridiculous. He has game changing speed, just putting him on the field will make defenses have to account for him allowing others to get open.

Ravens can stay a run heavy team - Edwards can lead in carrys I think that’s smart. But get Mitchell on the field more, completely opens up the offense. I would try to add even more speed on perimeter next year to add to zay flowers and Mitchell.

It’s mind boggling to me his lack of usage. From an NFL not fantasy perspective - he obviously is not going to be a 20-30 touch back. But to not give him 10-12 touches a game is ridiculous. He has game changing speed, just putting him on the field will make defenses have to account for him allowing others to get open.

Ravens can stay a run heavy team - Edwards can lead in carrys I think that’s smart. But get Mitchell on the field more, completely opens up the offense. I would try to add even more speed on perimeter next year to add to zay flowers and Mitchell.
To be fair, he had been hurt for half the season and when he came back and broke out, he showed up with a hammy on the practice report...so I'm sure there's room to grow but he's got to show he can handle it physically

To be fair, he had been hurt for half the season and when he came back and broke out, he showed up with a hammy on the practice report...so I'm sure there's room to grow but he's got to show he can handle it physically
And that’s a possibility too - do ravens want to save him until the postseason? Definitely a possibility.

And that’s a possibility too - do ravens want to save him until the postseason? Definitely a possibility.
That doesn't seem to make a ton of sense and very risky if that's what they are doing. It's not as if they are a lock getting a 1st seed either after choking vs Browns and having to face Bengals Thursday. Browns and Steelers have same amount of losses. Ravens rest of schedule isn't a cake walk either. Bengals, Chargers, Rams, Jags, 49ers, Dolphins, and Steelers.
I'd think unless they had some large lead they'd wait to unleash until playoffs but that's not the case here.

I’m in a 10 team. PPR redraft league. I’ve got CMC , A Jones, Jacobs & ford. Siting in a three way tie for first at 7-3. Any one think dropping ford to pick up Mitchell is a smart mover or should I play it safe? Almost pulled the trigger yesterday day morning

Users who are viewing this thread