What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Joshua Kelley, LAC (1 Viewer)

Anyone else ready to drop Kelley to pick up Jerome Ford?
If you don't have anyone else to drop then sure, but I'd try to hang onto Kelley and get Ford by dropping someone else if you can. Kelley is going to have acontributing role in that offense all season, even when Ekeler is back
yeah, that’s my quandary- I don’t have anyone else to drop. Lost Saquon, but can’t IR him. Waiting for Kamara to come back from suspension. Have Pollard. Kelley is the only droppable guy I have- and as much as I hate being impatient, Ford feels like more of the play.

Sorry to hijack the thread with my personal story, but trying to get a read on who has the better fantasy upside. My gut says Ford

The window to sell, other than to the Exeler owner, has come and gone for now. That could change, but probably not. You won't even get much from the Exeler owner I don't think.

The window to sell, other than to the Exeler owner, has come and gone for now. That could change, but probably not. You won't even get much from the Exeler owner I don't think.
That means the buy window is open!

Kelley had an excellent W1, let everyone down W2, and everyone is jumping ship. That sounds about right.
Whether worth it or not, the trade value, or lack thereof is real. So if you think he is a buy knock yourself out.

debating Zack moss over him but honestly the matchup sucks and moss is basically what Kelley was post week 1. You’d just like to see it happen again for moss but this weekend is equally bad a matchup as Kelley had last week. These guys are nice matchup based rb2s

With Saquon out, I’m debating between Kelley or James Cook this week. Starting to lean towards Kelley in a soft matchup vs my Vikings

Would you drop Tyjae Spears or Roschon Johnson for Kelley?
How is Kelley on waivers? Anyway, yeah sure Kelley is starting this week, those other guys aren't. So if you need an RB I say drop one of those guys and pick up Kelley. Either one is a fine drop but I like Spears more than Roschon in redraft.

How is Kelley on waivers? Anyway, yeah sure Kelley is starting this week, those other guys aren't. So if you need an RB I say drop one of those guys and pick up Kelley. Either one is a fine drop but I like Spears more than Roschon in redraft.
OK, thanks. I pulled the trigger on that. He's actually not a FA till tomorrow so we will see. He's a FA now in my other league, but i'd nee dto drop Moss, JSN, or Akers to get him. Not much bench room there with both Kupp and J Taylor on IR for a couple more weeks.

Easily
What about Z. Moss, JSN, or Akers in my other league?
I’d rather have Moss since I doubt Taylor will be playing for the Colts this year which means the job is Moss’s to lose, but I’d take Kelley over Akers. It’s unclear how Akers will fit in to MN this year and if he’ll take over lead back duties from Mattison or not. Kelley seems to have a clear valuable role even when Ekeler is healthy. Think of it like Pollard (Ekeler) & Zeke (Kelley) on the Cowboys the past couple seasons. I’m not sure who JSN is

Firing him up over Gabe Davis again even though it almost burned me last week. Tennessee is on a historic run as a run defense since last year plus I like how he played 80% of the snaps.

absolute stud RB this week vs. Vikes. Ford is going to get his stats this season, but temper expectations against Tenn , at least a little bit. whats the over in the games, is is like a 15 pt difference? take the guy in the game with the higher over. Kelley has Minny and Raiders next two weeks IIRC. juicy gum

Picked up RJ every league he’s available.. he’s gonna breakout soon..
I love Roschon's talent.

Herbert has been effective enough. I don't see a reason for them to take away his ~10 touches per game. Factor in Fields piece of the rushing pie, the fact that Fields won't dump it off to the RB a lot, I worry Roschon has a hard road to consistent fantasy production anytime soon.

Picked up RJ every league he’s available.. he’s gonna breakout soon..
I love Roschon's talent.

Herbert has been effective enough. I don't see a reason for them to take away his ~10 touches per game. Factor in Fields piece of the rushing pie, the fact that Fields won't dump it off to the RB a lot, I worry Roschon has a hard road to consistent fantasy production anytime soon.

Hes also on a crap team

Obviously not likely, but there’s a small chance that Ekelar milks his injury(s) all year and Kelley gets a ton of work. Definitely worth a cheap investment since, as pointed out, he can probably be flexed every so often anyhow.

Obviously not likely, but there’s a small chance that Ekelar milks his injury(s) all year and Kelley gets a ton of work. Definitely worth a cheap investment since, as pointed out, he can probably be flexed every so often anyhow.
Ekeler doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. I've seen him nicked in the past and play through it, so I assume he will be on the field as soon as he can.

Ekeler doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. I've seen him nicked in the past and play through it, so I assume he will be on the field as soon as he can.

Hes never been in this position before. We will find out soon enough

So far ekeler and Barkley have "ankle sprains". They join Jonathon taylor. Josh Jacob's next?

Coincidence?

Not sure sitting out and subsequently being considered injury prone for an already fragile guy going into age 29 is the best way to secure a contract. But who knows.

So far ekeler and Barkley have "ankle sprains". They join Jonathon taylor. Josh Jacob's next?

Coincidence?
Barkley's is legit, he got injured on the same play years ago, ankle planted, defender grabs from the rear and puts his body weight on the planted leg wrenching them back down

Barkely's deal is incentive laden for making the playoffs which may be good or bad

Coincidence?
Barkley's is legit, he got injured on the same play years ago, ankle planted, defender grabs from the rear and puts his body weight on the planted leg wrenching them back down

Barkely's deal is incentive laden for making the playoffs which may be good or bad
Yes it is but he was diagnosed with an ordinary ankle sprain and HE said it was a high ankle sprain. Not saying they're fake injuries. More saying it wouldn't shock me if they are milking them. Isn't the NFL looking into rumors that the NFLPA is advising running backs to milk injuries?

Ekeler is the nflpa vice president

17-85 and a TD this week

I'm calling it right now .... why? because he's on my bench, and that's what happens with me

MN is middle ranked against the rush, Chargers will score points,

He could run for 170/2 and I wouldn't feel bad for not starting him. He's been nothing special his entire career. He had a nice day in the week 1 shootout but he just isn't a RB1 in reality or fantasy. If he's huge for somebody, great. I don't have any confidence in him, so I'm happy to put someone else in there.

He could run for 170/2 and I wouldn't feel bad for not starting him. He's been nothing special his entire career. He had a nice day in the week 1 shootout but he just isn't a RB1 in reality or fantasy. If he's huge for somebody, great. I don't have any confidence in him, so I'm happy to put someone else in there.

Zod got his *** handed to him by Clark Kent. Just reminding ya

Users who are viewing this thread