What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Josh Jacobs, GB (2 Viewers)

if he doesn’t do it tomorrow, I doubt it will happen again for him this year…he’s had a few decent matchups, but nothing to show for it (more about the poor blocking up front/defenses stacking the box and forcing JG to beat them).

if he doesn’t do it tomorrow, I doubt it will happen again for him this year…he’s had a few decent matchups, but nothing to show for it (more about the poor blocking up front/defenses stacking the box and forcing JG to beat them).
He needs a QB that can throw deep. Maybe O'Connell is the answer.

He needs a QB that can throw deep. Maybe O'Connell is the answer.
They start AOC and watch the buzz after the game , hes the answer to getting the team firing on all cylinders

What would you guys give up for Josh Jacobs in a 14 team dynasty PPR IDP league? I was sent an offer for my 1st and 2nd draft picks next year which I declined. I am currently in first place with the second best record but the team isn't dominant but at this point it is a good bet it will be a lower pick in the order.

My current RB's are Mostert, Stevenson, Ford, Latavius Murray and Jaylen Warren with Chubb and Dobbins in IR and Israel Abanikanda and Tank Bigsby on my taxi squad.

I was thinking my 1st and 3rd as a counter as I am sure he will accept. I doubt he will accept a 1 and a 4.

What would you guys give up for Josh Jacobs in a 14 team dynasty PPR IDP league? I was sent an offer for my 1st and 2nd draft picks next year which I declined. I am currently in first place with the second best record but the team isn't dominant but at this point it is a good bet it will be a lower pick in the order.

My current RB's are Mostert, Stevenson, Ford, Latavius Murray and Jaylen Warren with Chubb and Dobbins in IR and Israel Abanikanda and Tank Bigsby on my taxi squad.

I was thinking my 1st and 3rd as a counter as I am sure he will accept. I doubt he will accept a 1 and a 4.
We don’t even know where he’ll be next season, let alone whether he’ll be a fit in whatever system. Given that he was a one year wonder in ‘22, I’m not sure I’d do that 1st/4th at this time — just sayin’.

Raiders listed Josh Jacobs (knee) as DNP on Monday’s estimated injury report.

This is only an estimated injury report, so it’s possible Jacobs gets upgraded to limited when the team holds its first real practice of the week. Jacobs suffered the injury in Week 14’s loss to the Vikings and is on a short week to get ready for Thursday night’s contest against the Chargers. If he’s not able to go, backup Zamir White could step into a lead role against a Charges run defense that’s struggled to slow its opponents. White could have some fantasy upside in deeper leagues if Jacobs is unable to go.

Raiders RB Josh Jacobs (quad) did not participate in Tuesday’s walkthrough.

Jacobs was listed as DNP for a second straight day as he nurses a quad injury that he suffered in Week 14 against the Vikings. The Raiders play a Thursday game against the Chargers in Week 15, making it difficult for Jacobs to return in time to play. His Wednesday practice status will clarify his health, but Zamir White will take on an expanded role while Ameer Abdullah will be the pass-catching back if Jacobs cannot go.

Glad it’s quad and not knee. Hopefully back for week 16
Mild contusions usually heal within six days. Moderate contusions: It's painful and difficult to bend your knee more than 90 degrees. You may have pain, swelling or tenderness that lasts several weeks. It can take up to two months to heal from a moderate thigh contusion.

What is the fastest way to heal a quad contusion?
Rest the area and avoid activities that cause pain. Use crutches if your doctor recommends them. For the first day or two, put an ice pack on the area 3–4 times a day for 15 minutes at a time. Put a towel between the ice and the skin to protect it from the cold.

What is everyone thinking about Jacobs tonight? If he's active, are you playing him? Obviously, he's on the fringe of health. Can we risk 8-10 snaps and then he can't go anymore and take 3pts in a playoff game? I have Brian Robinson also with a Q tag and Jaylen Warren. I'm leaning Warren because he plays Saturday and can't wait to find out about Robinson. What's everyone doing with Jacobs if he plays?

What is everyone thinking about Jacobs tonight? If he's active, are you playing him? Obviously, he's on the fringe of health. Can we risk 8-10 snaps and then he can't go anymore and take 3pts in a playoff game? I have Brian Robinson also with a Q tag and Jaylen Warren. I'm leaning Warren because he plays Saturday and can't wait to find out about Robinson. What's everyone doing with Jacobs if he plays?
I am benching him because I have other options. I don't see him handling a normal load

Benching Jacobs with confidence

Bench if you have decent options.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports Josh Jacobs (quad) appears “very much in doubt” for Week 15 against the Chargers.

According to Rapoport, the Raiders will likely sit Jacobs on Thursday night if the team thinks he’s at risk of sustaining further injury. His absence would open the door for Zamir White to handle some early-down work in the running game, while Ameer Abdullah would likely factor in on passing downs. Abdullah has caught 14-of-19 targets for 92 yards this season and could have some PPR upside if Jacobs, who has been targeted 54 times this season, is held out.

Maybe he looks good in warmups and the raiders say he's getting the rock 🙏

edit: officially out

Last edited:
Josh Jacobs (quad) was upgraded to a limited participant in Friday’s practice.

Jacobs also had an illness designation added to his injury report. Interim head coach Antonio Pierce told reporters he expects Jacobs to return this week and limited practice in the middle of the week makes that increasingly likely. We will know more on Jacobs’ status when the team releases their final injury report on Saturday. Assuming Jacobs is good to go, he will rank as a RB2 versus the Chiefs.

Jacobs also had an illness designation added to his injury report. Interim head coach Antonio Pierce told reporters he expects Jacobs to return this week and limited practice in the middle of the week makes that increasingly likely. We will know more on Jacobs’ status when the team releases their final injury report on Saturday. Assuming Jacobs is good to go, he will rank as a RB2 versus the Chiefs.
From what I have seen from a few reports he did not participate on Saturday. I am choosing between him and Connor at this point.

From what I have seen from a few reports he did not participate on Saturday. I am choosing between him and Connor at this point.
There were a couple quotes from Pierce that seemed positive. Think he's playing, but I think the question is, will he be 100% and will Z. White be mixed in.

Either way, not a great matchup.

There were a couple quotes from Pierce that seemed positive. Think he's playing, but I think the question is, will he be 100% and will Z. White be mixed in.

Either way, not a great matchup.
Would be a tough guy to start

If he's sick I suppose there's the chance he won't get on the flight to KC today.

Jacobs was unable to practice before sitting out the Raiders' Week 15 win against the Chargers on Thursday Night Football due to a quad injury that he sustained four days earlier versus the Vikings. As Las Vegas reconvened for practice this Thursday, he managed just one limited session (Friday) during Week 16 prep while also dealing with an illness. Interim coach Antonio Pierce implied to Vic Tafur of The Athletic that because Monday's contest is a must-win situation, he expects "all the guys to play," even those that aren't healthy. Consequently, Jacobs may be trending toward a return to action, but if he's unable to do so, Zamir White likely would lead the team's backfield.

If he's sick I suppose there's the chance he won't get on the flight to KC today.

Jacobs was unable to practice before sitting out the Raiders' Week 15 win against the Chargers on Thursday Night Football due to a quad injury that he sustained four days earlier versus the Vikings. As Las Vegas reconvened for practice this Thursday, he managed just one limited session (Friday) during Week 16 prep while also dealing with an illness. Interim coach Antonio Pierce implied to Vic Tafur of The Athletic that because Monday's contest is a must-win situation, he expects "all the guys to play," even those that aren't healthy. Consequently, Jacobs may be trending toward a return to action, but if he's unable to do so, Zamir White likely would lead the team's backfield.

Odd that there's been no Schefter or Rap "expected to play" tweets.

This situation could leave Jacobs owners in a bind.

Here's how I'm seeing it:

Josh Jacobs is a tough call for Monday's game.

NBC Sports reported, "If I had to be a betting man, I would think he’ll play this game,” Pierce said in his Wednesday press conference of Jacobs before adding that it’s the “same deal” for Miller.

“This is a game you want to play in, now,” Pierce said. “You don’t want to sit there. You don’t want to watch it on television. You want to be there.”

Jacobs has been dealing with a quad injury but now also is on the injury report with an illness.

Our bottom line is I'm expecting Jacobs to play tomorrow.

The Raiders play in the 1:00 PM game on Monday and there are two more games to follow. But the possible pivot options are pretty slim.

Our Jason Wood wrote:

- "Chiefs -- McKinnon is out, Pacheco is healthy. Maybe you can use CEH as a pivot in PPR but with Pacheco's absence lately I'm sure CEH is already rostered

- Eagles -- Swift is 100% rostered and in lineups, but maybe Kenneth Gainwell is a pivot

- Giants -- Barkley is 100% rostered and in lineups, there is no backup pivot

- 49ers -- CMC is 100% rostered and in lineups, maybe Jordan Mason as a pivot if you're hoping for a backup RB TD plunge
Ravens -- With Keaton Mitchell out with an ACL, Gus Edwards should be 100% rostered and will be in lineups, but Justice Hill could be a desperation pivot if you're desperate."

The Raiders have slim hopes for the playoffs but facing the Chiefs, I'd expect them to give it everything they have. Especially with interim coach Antonio Pierce.

Unless you have a solid alternative, or you are playing things conservatively, I would roll with Jacobs for Monday.

NBC Sports reported, "If I had to be a betting man, I would think he’ll play this game,” Pierce said in his Wednesday press conference of Jacobs before adding that it’s the “same deal” for Miller.

“This is a game you want to play in, now,” Pierce said. “You don’t want to sit there. You don’t want to watch it on television. You want to be there.”

Jacobs has been dealing with a quad injury but now also is on the injury report with an illness.

The Raiders play in the 1:00 PM game on Monday and there are two more games to follow. But the possible pivot options are pretty slim.

Our Jason Wood wrote:

- "Chiefs -- McKinnon is out, Pacheco is healthy. Maybe you can use CEH as a pivot in PPR but with Pacheco's absence lately I'm sure CEH is already rostered

- Eagles -- Swift is 100% rostered and in lineups, but maybe Kenneth Gainwell is a pivot

- 49ers -- CMC is 100% rostered and in lineups, maybe Jordan Mason as a pivot if you're hoping for a backup RB TD plunge
Ravens -- With Keaton Mitchell out with an ACL, Gus Edwards should be 100% rostered and will be in lineups, but Justice Hill could be a desperation pivot if you're desperate."

The Raiders have slim hopes for the playoffs but facing the Chiefs, I'd expect them to give it everything they have. Especially with interim coach Antonio Pierce.

Unless you have a solid alternative, or you are playing things conservatively, I would roll with Jacobs for Monday.
Nice post, but I don't see Jacobs playing on Monday, but I could be wrong. I wouldn't play Kenny Gainwell if I was tied and my opponent didn't have anymore players playing and he was my only option. He would probably get 4 carries for -4 yards and a fumble.......jk

Our Jason Wood wrote:

Nice post, but I don't see Jacobs playing on Monday, but I could be wrong. I wouldn't play Kenny Gainwell if I was tied and my opponent didn't have anymore players playing and he was my only option. He would probably get 4 carries for -4 yards and a fumble.......jk

Thanks. It's a challenging spot as lots of teams are battling in the playoffs this week. I could be wrong obviously and he might not play. I just try to take a stand on key situations like that. We'll see tomorrow.

The trick is we don't know for sure much on the illness. But I'm much more hopeful for him if the trouble is illness and not the quad. Like I was with Jalen Hurts. I don't think he's missing the Raiders - Chiefs game with an illness.

The trick is we don't know for sure much on the illness. But I'm much more hopeful for him if the trouble is illness and not the quad. Like I was with Jalen Hurts. I don't think he's missing the Raiders - Chiefs game with an illness.
Good point

Our Jason Wood wrote:

Desperation pivots:

* Z. White (obviously)
* A. Abdullah
* R. Bateman -- Z. Flowers has a foot issue. Not a bad bet.
* J. Hyatt / W. Robinson -- Good matchup.
* J. Watson
* A. Hooper -- M. Mayer out.

I remember the game vs Seattle and had an injured calf, wasnt going to play and decided to, proceeded to have 303 yards from scrimmage that game .

Never count the man out

Any feel for if Jacobs is a go this week?

Good matchup. Indy a run funnel for sure.

Last waiver run of the year. Jacobs was actually dropped yesterday out of desperation. My opponent has Pacheco so he's going for both of Jacobs and CEH. Need to block.

Users who are viewing this thread