What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jonathan Taylor, IND (1 Viewer)

We're all (mostly) oldies in here, right? You know what Jonathan Taylor is? A youngie. The rest of you oldies should look up a concept tonight known as Quiet Quitting. Digest it fully before you go anywhere near the radioactivity emanating from Indy this season.

Redraft, what round do you roll the dice? Maybe we can get just a tiny taste of fantasy talk in this thread.
In my last NFC today he went 7.01

To the team who took Breece Hall 5.01
Hey that must be me you are talking about and you mean NFFC. Which team were you ?
Shut the front door! that was you?!

Nice! Fun being in a league with ya, man. I liked your start with 4 WR, but that’s tough to pull off from 12.

Got super lucky Conner fell so far! Might have saved your draft. I like the moonshots in Hall/JT. If they both come on late you’ve got a ridiculous team. Risky as hell. Watson/Love is a daring QB duo. Heh

If that was you, that is.

I was the 1.04 team with CMC-DSmith-Cooper-Ljax-AJones-RWhite. Im thin at RB after my big 3, but I felt like it was a fairly strong effort otherwise. My hardest call was passing on Deebo in the 3rd. If I hadn’t started CMC I likely take him there.
You will know it is me because here was my first 9 picks

Lamb
AJB
Higgins
London
Hall
Kittle
Taylor
Conner
Watson

Yes I got lucky on Conner from May 1st to Aug 30th there had been 250 NFFC Online championship drafts before our draft and Conner's range before today was 54-94 so I got him the latest he has ever gone. I am a risk taker I went for the massive week 15-17 upside in Hall and Taylor. Can it not work out and I lose my $350 ? Sure it easily could but my goal is always to try to win another NFFC Online championship and collect another big check. I play for 1st overall not for just 1st in our league.
Respect that approach, man. And yep - that was you.

I was watching your draft like a hawk as I noticed you were high on the lifetime list.

You grabbed the Niners D super early and I was ticked as in every NFFC draft the run on defenses starts on the opposite end. I couldn’t believe the Eagles fell another round and a 1/2.

What was with team 1 taking 5 TEs in 6 rounds?! And like, not as good as some tbey let slip.

Never seen anyone do that. But I’ve only played NFFC for 2 years. I have to believe that’s…unusual.

We're all (mostly) oldies in here, right? You know what Jonathan Taylor is? A youngie. The rest of you oldies should look up a concept tonight known as Quiet Quitting. Digest it fully before you go anywhere near the radioactivity emanating from Indy this season.
I’m familiar with it. That’s typically for like, retail jobs and fresh outta college jobs.

NFL pay scale is seemingly above that lifestyle choice.

Yeah, he's not exactly a target or must grab kind of guy but at some point his potential as a 20 touch guy for 13 games becomes foolish to ignore.

Yeah, he's not exactly a target or must grab kind of guy but at some point his potential as a 20 touch guy for 13 games becomes foolish to ignore.

Agreed. The operative word, tho, is potential. Need to discount accordingly, and we can only make assumptions about most of the very relevant variables at play. My gut is assuming mostly bad, with some more than considerable room for improvement. I just have too many names I'd rather target and avoid this headache - in pretty much every round! Let's put it this way, as of this moment, I think I'd rather have Jalen Warren, in a combo of being probably too high and too low at the same time. But I'm doing me.

So here's a question, with an ir slot and the fact that if I drafted him in the current round I'm in which would be 7, he'd be a keeper for me next year... Is that enough to look past the negatives? I mean I'm sure I know the answer but I do love hearing other opinions.

with an ir slot and the fact that if I drafted him in the current round I'm in which would be 7, he'd be a keeper for me next year... Is that enough to look past the negatives?

Yes.

I speak with neither. League formats can make a huge difference in risk assessment in this case (and really all cases).

with an ir slot and the fact that if I drafted him in the current round I'm in which would be 7, he'd be a keeper for me next year... Is that enough to look past the negatives?

Yes.

I speak with neither. League formats can make a huge difference in risk assessment in this case (and really all cases).
Yea I mean it makes sense I just hate being the guy that takes him but then again I could be the guy laughing all the way to the bank if he does put up 13 games once back and also crushes it next year, I mean that seems like it's worth the price of admission

Kamara is a guy in a 3-way RBBC in my eyes.
Three way??? You have a very low opinion of Kamara's talent if you think Jamaal Williams is a threat.

The rookie is limited in the passing game, inexperienced at the very least, and will probably be competing with Jamaal for touches.
I think Jamaal is a huge threat to take GL work, and be a closer for them. I think Miller could be a major threat between the 20's. Personally, I think Kamara is a 3rd down RB who could see maybe as few as 10 carries a week. The RB isn't anywhere near as involved in the passing game sans Payton/Brees. I do also have a low opinion of Kamara's game, I think he's a solid RB, and that's about it, he hasn't been special since 2020.

I don't have Kamara in my top-30 RBs. I have Taylor in the 20-25 range, with the caveat that I would want 2 RBs before I took him.

Yes.

Yea I mean it makes sense I just hate being the guy that takes him but then again I could be the guy laughing all the way to the bank if he does put up 13 games once back and also crushes it next year, I mean that seems like it's worth the price of admission

Roster size (including IR slots) and keeper considerations change this equation considerably. There is no absolute right answer here. Even in tighter formats like mine, there's a probabilistic analysis where it makes sense to draft JT at some point, which includes one's own risk tolerance. For me that's a lot later than he will go in draft the next two weeks, but for others it can make sense. Wider range probably, but really not unlike every other difference of opinion on players.

Yes.

Roster size (including IR slots) and keeper considerations change this equation considerably. There is no absolute right answer here. Even in tighter formats like mine, there's a probabilistic analysis where it makes sense to draft JT at some point, which includes one's own risk tolerance. For me that's a lot later than he will go in draft the next two weeks, but for others it can make sense. Wider range probably, but really not unlike every other difference of opinion on players.
Yea, like for this league we have 11 man start and 7 man bench, but also it slot actually I think 2. I just hate losing a pick that will play on my team day 1...but I think if JT got traded before the deadline or if colts did pony up, it's a move that if he comes back in week 5...he could be a league winner.

It's funny the more I get older I get less reckless hah normally I'd make this move no hesitation.

Three way??? You have a very low opinion of Kamara's talent if you think Jamaal Williams is a threat.

The rookie is limited in the passing game, inexperienced at the very least, and will probably be competing with Jamaal for touches.
I think Jamaal is a huge threat to take GL work, and be a closer for them. I think Miller could be a major threat between the 20's. Personally, I think Kamara is a 3rd down RB who could see maybe as few as 10 carries a week. The RB isn't anywhere near as involved in the passing game sans Payton/Brees. I do also have a low opinion of Kamara's game, I think he's a solid RB, and that's about it, he hasn't been special since 2020.

I don't have Kamara in my top-30 RBs. I have Taylor in the 20-25 range, with the caveat that I would want 2 RBs before I took him.

You are very clearly disregarding a prime-aged 28-yr-old Kamara due to two injury-riddled seasons (2021 and 2022), but seemingly aren't holding JT to anywhere near the same standard (2022).

Kamara is 100% healthy from what I can glean and under a contract that pays him like they appreciate him. And he (and I) give zero ****s about his G/L carries. We are here for the catches and the only threat to those is a third-round rookie with injury concerns of his own right now.

Didn't get any traction in the FFPC Dynasty League thread

First Jonathan Taylor trade I've seen so far

Team A: Sends J.Taylor, O.Beckham, 2024 1st, 2024 2nd (Team picked 8th this year)

Team B: Sends N.Harris, J.Cook, C.Watson

Personally I am all about avoidnig N.Harris at all costs. He is what he he is, he will never be anything other than what he's already shown us. You get what you pay for.

I was offered D Swift and BB$15 for JT. I had to think about it, but ultimately said no. I am curious what offers other people are seeing for JT.

You are very clearly disregarding a prime-aged 28-yr-old Kamara due to two injury-riddled seasons (2021 and 2022), but seemingly aren't holding JT to anywhere near the same standard (2022).

Kamara is 100% healthy from what I can glean and under a contract that pays him like they appreciate him. And he (and I) give zero ****s about his G/L carries. We are here for the catches and the only threat to those is a third-round rookie with injury concerns of his own right now.
Two injury riddled seasons that saw him put up 102 & 99 yards/game with 3.6 & 3.8 receptions/game & over 1,300+ yards/season.

His only down metrics were TDs with 9 (not too shabby) & 4 the last two years.

But I do absolutely discount a 28 year old RB, with 1,500 NFL touches, coming off injuries more than a 24 year old RB with 860 NFL touches.

I was offered D Swift and BB$15 for JT. I had to think about it, but ultimately said no. I am curious what offers other people are seeing for JT.
For the first time in 30 years I am in only one league. One. It's exhilarating. In that one league I own Taylor. I'm not moving. I'm not looking to move. If I had to move it would have to be for a player in the Gibbs/Etienne range. I would not move him for someone in that Pierce/Sanders range. Hold the line.

I offered Mattison & McLaurin PRE-PUP list and was rejected ...
But I am in rebuild and planning 2024 as my chance to crown ... I have too many fliers this year...

We are here for the catches and the only threat to those is a third-round rookie with injury concerns of his own right now.
Miller had a grand total of 29 receptions in 33 games at TCU.

He's a big body (5'11, 215lbs) who seems more likely to be competing with Jamaal for relevance.

The Saints should also have a marginally improved offense this season with Carr under center & [TRIGGER WARNING!!!] Gruden "consulting" on offense.

But, there are other options.
“Ow, my back, it tightened up.”
:rolleyes:
Not sure how much good that will do when they franchise tag him a couple of times. Other teams will notice if he doesn't want to play and I don't see how that helps his cause.
Of course, but the tag is a bigger one year payout than he will likely see anywhere else and there is a chance they won't tag him if he doesn't produce much this year for whatever reason.

Just some inside information for you all commenting on JT. Huge Colts fan and I live only 5 minutes from where their training camp is held. I attended 10 of their 13 practices. With all the contract drama aside, JT did not look healthy when observed walking on the sidelines. There was a noticeable hitch in his walk so something is not right. I personally just drafted him in the 7th round last night to add depth and upside potential to my RB core. I personally feel that now that he has been shown is worth league wide, he will play after the first four weeks on PUP for the Colts. After watching the GM's press conference yesterday I think the relationship is salvageable and when the Colts know he is able to play they will make an offer to appease him somewhat this year. It all comes down to JT playing and earning an extension. Ballard has never used the franchise tag in the past so he has a track record of taking care of his players. If JT plays in this new look offense for the Colts, I believe he will put up huge numbers with his homerun play ability. The other RB's on the roster have been getting production from the new offensive scheme and they aren't near the talent level of Taylor. Low risk, High reward pick 7th round or later and pick up Moss or Deon Jackson late in your drafts to get late draft pick production from this offense through fill in RB's.

I can’t see a scenario where he plays more than 2 games for the Colts. Best case he is traded and delivers some value midway and the back half of the year.

Colts and the NFL 100% deserve this. I'm just glad the Raiders came to their senses and threw Jacobs at least a one-yr bone. ****'s ridiculous. And for all of you who keep saying the RBs haven't learned anything from Flaveon, both Saquan and Jacobs made some hay under a dim sun, and now watch JT come back for his six-game accrual, quietly quit, then go back on vacation once the accrual is done.

Colts would be wise to continue to try to trade JT to a fresh start somewhere, anywhere else, but if past is prologue, they will continue to allow this cancer to fester. They've been trying to pickup nickels in front of a steam roller this whole time.
Its wild how you and i think alike in so many areas lolol

Seems most of the GB rumors were vastly overstated if not completely made up too. Weird.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...-for-jonathan-taylor-report-says/70717787007/
I did not see anything in that article refuting the reports?

Packers offered AJ Dillon and a 3rd. Irsay countered with Dillon/Watson/1st

Gutekunst said a potential trade with the Colts would not have included Dillon, even if it would create a crowded backfield in the Packers offense.

“AJ is part of this team,” Gutekunst said, “and he was going to be regardless.”

I view Kamara a lot like Dalvin Cook, a declining RB who has more competition than ever. Kamara's TDs, catches, targets, YPC and total yards per game have all declined in back-to-back seasons since 2020. During that time a HOF QB, who specialized in hitting pass catchers (especially RBs) in stride retired, as did the play caller who drew up all those plays.

Yes, he'll have catches, though probably not as many as you think. I'd say 60 is a fair guess. I think he'll see the fewest carries since his rookie season, I'd guess maybe 150. So a little over 200 touches, with declining efficiency on what I consider a mediocre offense.

Taylor meanwhile is still potentially the centerpiece of his offense, and his efficiency last year (while down from 2021) was still FAR better than Kamara's, and he's several years younger.

Seems most of the GB rumors were vastly overstated if not completely made up too. Weird.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...-for-jonathan-taylor-report-says/70717787007/

Gutekunst said a potential trade with the Colts would not have included Dillon, even if it would create a crowded backfield in the Packers offense.

Sorry, truly, not seeing your point.

I have zero doubt GB was, and will continue, to be involved in a trade for him. Whether or not Dillon was involved I don't know, but using the term "regardless" sure makes me think he was.

Well once the deal falls through a lot of GMs will deny specific players having been involved - since they're now still on the team. Honestly that story is every bit as likely not to be factual as the original rumor is.

I have zero doubt GB was, and will continue, to be involved in a trade for him. Whether or not Dillon was involved I don't know, but using the term "regardless" sure makes me think he was.
I also don't think it's a stretch to suggest that a team putting a player on the trade table behind closed doors would also publicly say something like Gutekunst said. What's the alternative, "yeah, we were definitely talking about getting rid of him." That seems like the kind of morale boosting comment Irsay would make, not someone who actually know how to manage people.

I also don't think it's a stretch to suggest that a team putting a player on the trade table behind closed doors would also publicly say something like Gutekunst said. What's the alternative, "yeah, we were definitely talking about getting rid of him." That seems like the kind of morale boosting comment Irsay would make, not someone who actually know how to manage people.
Absolutely correct IMO and probably why they were striving to remain the "mystery team".

Also, this is just me and I'm ok if no one else sees it this way, but I thought Gutenkunst kind of slipped in his response when he used the word "regardless". Because when I hear that word it makes me think in terms of "regardless of what"?

Beat writer for the Packers with Athletic wrote an article that dropped earlier today and suggested GB was still going to be involved for him and that it would nnot be concievable to keep all 3 RB's if they are successful. Fairly easy conclusion. I thought his article was trying to insinuate that Jones and/or Dillon did not want to speak to the media right now. Said something along the lines of third string RB Wilson spoke but not the other two. Might be some hurt feelings and Gutenkust is trying to smooth things over.

Well once the deal falls through a lot of GMs will deny specific players having been involved - since they're now still on the team. Honestly that story is every bit as likely not to be factual as the original rumor is.
As I said in the Miami one, it is possible the GM is lying. What can't be disputed is how so many people in here jumped on the rumors about the outlandish demands that Irsay made as if there's any merit to them, yet most are completely dismissing these words directly from the horses mouth(s).

Whatever fits the narrative I suppose. :shrug:

Absolutely correct IMO and probably why they were striving to remain the "mystery team".

Also, this is just me and I'm ok if no one else sees it this way, but I thought Gutenkunst kind of slipped in his response when he used the word "regardless". Because when I hear that word it makes me think in terms of "regardless of what"?

Beat writer for the Packers with Athletic wrote an article that dropped earlier today and suggested GB was still going to be involved for him and that it would nnot be concievable to keep all 3 RB's if they are successful. Fairly easy conclusion. I thought his article was trying to insinuate that Jones and/or Dillon did not want to speak to the media right now. Said something along the lines of third string RB Wilson spoke but not the other two. Might be some hurt feelings and Gutenkust is trying to smooth things over.
Could be right but I think you're reading too far with that word. I think he truly was just saying that Dillon wasn't going to be traded, even if Indy wanted him included. So he was probably on the table in terms of being discussed, but it was coming from Indy. Or at least I think that is what he was trying to say. Bottom line it looks like yes they were involved. And it raises more questions in my mind about Aaron Jones than it does about Dillon. Not in terms of moving him per se but in terms of how they see their backfield. I've been avoiding Jones all offseason for that reason.

Could be right but I think you're reading too far with that word. I think he truly was just saying that Dillon wasn't going to be traded, even if Indy wanted him included. So he was probably on the table in terms of being discussed, but it was coming from Indy. Or at least I think that is what he was trying to say. Bottom line it looks like yes they were involved. And it raises more questions in my mind about Aaron Jones than it does about Dillon. Not in terms of moving him per se but in terms of how they see their backfield. I've been avoiding Jones all offseason for that reason.
We won't know and can only speculate but I sure can't wrap my head around wanting to trade for Taylor but saying that Dillon was off limits.

I personally think you are concerned about the wrong RB, but to be sure JT mess with Jones value. I think the pre-season usage was telling. As in Jones got the "do not touch" we are saving you for the season treatment.

As I said in the Miami one, it is possible the GM is lying. What can't be disputed is how so many people in here jumped on the rumors about the outlandish demands that Irsay made as if there's any merit to them, yet most are completely dismissing these words directly from the horses mouth(s).

Whatever fits the narrative I suppose. :shrug:
Yeah, whatever.

Personally I am all about avoidnig N.Harris at all costs. He is what he he is, he will never be anything other than what he's already shown us. You get what you pay for.
1600+ yfs, 10 TD, and 70+ rec two years ago. What more does he need to show? Well I guess efficiency could be a lot better. But "what he is" seems to be a workhorse so far.

You can choose to not believe him if you want, but IMO he very clearly refuted the reports that they offered Dillon to the Colts. "Regardless" certainly seems to be referring to even if they were interested in Taylor (IMO they were), Dillon wasn't going to be traded.

We won't know and can only speculate but I sure can't wrap my head around wanting to trade for Taylor but saying that Dillon was off limits.

I personally think you are concerned about the wrong RB, but to be sure JT mess with Jones value. I think the pre-season usage was telling. As in Jones got the "do not touch" we are saving you for the season treatment.
I would expect the Colts to want Dillon. I wouldn’t expect any team dealing a young RB to want Aaron Jones in return.

ETA: as a Dillon shareholder across all 3 dynasty leagues, I’m really hoping this happens.

1600+ yfs, 10 TD, and 70+ rec two years ago. What more does he need to show? Well I guess efficiency could be a lot better. But "what he is" seems to be a workhorse so far.
That Warren won’t be the beneficiary of those 70 receptions while also taking some between the tackles touches?

To date he hasn’t shown that - it’s the opposite. And Warren has been statistically better.

Users who are viewing this thread