What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Jonathan Taylor, IND (1 Viewer)

Just offered an early third round pick and Michael Carter(who I'd need to cut) for Moss. Sincerely hope if it's accepted that Taylor plays this week or next and makes me eat a third.

I did trade Moss away myself in week 10. Had no QB with Mahomes on bye and only two on the wire were Zach Wilson and AOC and I was struggling with someone to cut. So traded Moss to the Taylor owner for Russ Wilson. Was a waste, I might as well as not started a QB and could really use Moss. Sigh.
yeah just dropped moss nearly everywhere

Held Moss in redraft just in case Taylor got injured. Unfortunately couldn't pry Moss away in dynasty from his owners where I have Taylor likely for the same reason or in the hopes he lands somewhere as a FA next year.

Wonder if he hurt it on the run where he stretched the ball out toward the GL? I recall him shaking his hand once or twice after that run, but then he ran for a TD the next play, and stayed in the game.
No idea, one of the many Colts beat writers I follow showed a video clip of his last run and said he looked fine. Stephen Holder said he talked to him after the game and he seemed fine and said nothing about an injury. He also said before anyone asks him that info is scarce(and he's on the best beat writers going)

I almost start to wonder if it's not something that could have happened away from the facility? ETA-I think I read they said he played the whole second half with it so probably not.

What a delight JT’s been this year for redraft owners who took a chance.

it’s what I always say about taking the injury discount - this year it was Kupp, Hall, & JT.

Sure, you could get a potential league-winner at the cost of missing a few games. But there’s also no guarantee any player stays healthy, including the dudes who missed time early.

Fortunayely, (for me) Hall has stayed healthy, but the team around him sucks enough to drag him down.

But hey, that’s the game I guess. Some of us are risk averse & some of us love to go out on those limbs.

If JT misses weeks 13 & 14 that’s just absolutely brutal for high stakes leagues where owners need all the points they can muster for the last 2 games.

So much for all those steals in drafts heading into the playoffs what a disaster for the 2 main draft day bargains in Taylor and Kupp

I’m a big fan of getting elite talent at a discount on draft day. This year it was JT. My hopes of him killing it in weeks 16-17 aren’t looking as promising at the moment.

Have both Taylor and Moss, hoping Taylor is put on IR. Nothing would be worse than having to guess how many snaps he would get going into week 15 or 16. All set to ride with Moss.

Have both Taylor and Moss, hoping Taylor is put on IR. Nothing would be worse than having to guess how many snaps he would get going into week 15 or 16. All set to ride with Moss.
I was thinking the same... fear is week 16, or 17 return and having to roll the dice on 15-20 carries or <5.

Taylor went for evaluation of a thumb injury on Tuesday and Colts owner Jim Irsay told James Boyd of TheAthletic.com that it’s been determined that Taylor will need to have surgery on his thumb. The hope is that Taylor will be able to return after missing two or three weeks.

Indianpolis will face the Titans and Bengals on the road in the next two weeks. A home game with the Steelers looms in Week 15. Taylor missed the first four weeks while on the physically unable to perform list with an ankle injury, but has played in the last seven contests. He has four touchdowns in the last three games and averaged six yards per carry while scoring twice against the Bucs in Week 12.
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...humb-surgery-colts-hope-hes-back-in-2-3-weeks

I was thinking the same... fear is week 16, or 17 return and having to roll the dice on 15-20 carries or <5.
Yeah, very nervous that Taylor comes back week 16, and unless Moss has sucked or gotten hurt in his absence, Taylor comes back to less than 50% of the work. Frankly, I kind of think that may be the most likely scenario.

Timing will all depend on surgery, Moss and playoff scenario.

If Moss does well, no need to rush. If he doesn't, we may see Taylor come back earlier.

If Moss does well, no need to rush. If he doesn't, we may see Taylor come back earlier.
I think in most cases id agree with u, but Colts are fighting for a wild card spot. Crazy really. That matters. Id imagine all hands on deck after recovery. Can't imagine them slowing walking it and maybe giving him an extra game off to make sure.

I think in most cases id agree with u, but Colts are fighting for a wild card spot. Crazy really. That matters. Id imagine all hands on deck after recovery. Can't imagine them slowing walking it and maybe giving him an extra game off to make sure.
I almost wish the Colts weren't in playoff contention, because they aren't winning anything beyond that. That way they could shut down Taylor for the rest of the season and avoid something catastrophic from happening to him that could affect his availability in 2024.

Was good to hear Stiechen say that IR is not being considered right now.

Thinking we got a chance he might return in 3 weeks and just miss 2 games. Maybe that's going to be a week off but he should be back for the final 2 or 3 fantasy weeks.

Anybody trying to actually buy Taylor?

I'm locked into the playoffs. Curious if an owner who was desperate for a win to get in the playoffs would ditch him now for a player who could help them win this week.

I'm locked into the playoffs. Curious if an owner who was desperate for a win to get in the playoffs would ditch him now for a player who could help them win this week.
I'm in one league and I own him. If I didn't own him I would absolutely start making offers.

I'm in one league and I own him. If I didn't own him I would absolutely start making offers.
For a buyer, I'd be happy if he was back week 16 in the fantasy playoffs. Sit this week and weeks 14 and 15. Still would have the semis and finals if you're so lucky.

Curious what it would take if an owner needed to win badly. Would a starter that can help win now do it? For example, a Z. Charbonnet who could start the next two weeks?

Deal just went down in 12 Team 1 QB league ... Trade Deadline is Sunday also

Team A (8-4 record; #5 Seed) Gave up IND RB J Taylor, KC TE Noah Gray + 2025 1st
Team B (low % playoffs 5-7; #8 seed) Gave up IND WR M Pittman, SF TE G Kittle, 2024 3rd

Team A (8-4 record; #5 Seed) Gave up IND RB J Taylor, KC TE Noah Gray + 2025 1st
Team B (low % playoffs 5-7; #8 seed) Gave up IND WR M Pittman, SF TE G Kittle, 2024 3rd
Netting Pittman and Kittle for Taylor is highway robbery. I'd think far less would be needed.

Seems fair to me in dynasty.

I don't think the 1st should have been included.

I don't think the 1st should have been included.
I think that is probably true. That seems a bit much.

Netting Pittman and Kittle for Taylor is highway robbery. I'd think far less would be needed.
Kind of depends on dynasty vs redraft. I actually think this is kind of weird value where it is not enough in a dynasty but too much for a redraft. Just weird.
I dont think 25 1sts exist in redraft
I have seen leagues that allow trading of draft picks without being dynasty leagues. One keeper league is most typical but I have also seen it where there is no carryover. Rare but they are out there.

This injuries timing is horrible for us fantasy nerds. As a old school hand cuff owner, at this point, it's best if he sits till week 18.

Jonathan Taylor (thumb) did not practice on Thursday.
When asked about whether or not Taylor would play in Week 14 against the Bengals, head coach Shane Steichen said, “We’ll see.” Despite Steichen’s best efforts to play things close to the vest, two straight DNPs from Taylor are enough to suggest we won’t see him this weekend. Initial reports on Taylor’s injury suggested he’d miss 2-4 weeks. He’s only been sidelined for one game since his surgery, so we’d expect him to miss at least one more game, barring any surprises.

Jonathan Taylor (thumb) will not play in Week 14 against the Bengals.

Taylor did not practice this week and his initial timeline to return was believed to be 3-5 weeks, so this is nothing more than a formality. There’s an outside chance Taylor returns in Week 15, but that would even be a long-shot based on previous reports. Until he is back, Zack Moss will have a stranglehold on the Colts’ backfield. He ranks as an RB1 for the Colts’ matchup with the Bengals.

Users who are viewing this thread