What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Javonte Williams, DEN (4 Viewers)

Just a coincidence. When I read your post, I remembered Charles saving my title run that year. I hope a few of my players this year get into some 56-31 games before the season is over.

Not that any of this 'membering goes against your point.
2013 was my all time favorite championship. Started 3-5, 9th place. Won 5 of the last 6, then curb stomped the playoffs.

The really insane thing about the Charles 66.50 (59.50 full PPR) is I was streaming QBs & had just picked up Alex Smith. GAME MANAGER had statistically the greatest game of his life thanks to #25. Perfect passer rating 158.3: 17/20 272 5TDs.

I'm not trying to do the old reverse but he has had some pretty mild production when he splits but then he has had better of late, hard to put him on the bench but I also cannot afford to have him scrape a 7-8-9 type single digit performance and watch Foreman and Penny have solid games on my bench. Foreman I'm not so hot on this week, think the Steelers might shock a few at home in an absolute must win if they have any prayers of a post season. 

And I don't trust Penny, really didn't want him but as RB5, he was better than what I had. Don't like him vs the Rams ont he road this week, that doesn't seem like a good game script. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont trust him this week. He is back to getting 50% of the snaps but that was ok vs Detroit. Likely wont be as much volume vs Cincy and I can see an 8-10 pt game. I think Im benching for a WR. 

I'm not trying to do the old reverse but he has had some pretty mild production when he splits but then he has had better of late, hard to put him on the bench but I also cannot afford to have him scrape a 7-8-9 type single digit performance and watch Foreman and Penny have solid games on my bench. Foreman I'm not so hot on this week, think the Steelers might shock a few at home in an absolute must win if they have any prayers of a post season. 

And I don't trust Penny, really didn't want him but as RB5, he was better than what I had. Don't like him vs the Rams ont he road this week, that doesn't seem like a good game script. 
I wouldn't hesitate playing him over those two. That's my opinion.  

Ministry of Pain said:

jobarules said:
I dont trust him this week. He is back to getting 50% of the snaps but that was ok vs Detroit. Likely wont be as much volume vs Cincy and I can see an 8-10 pt game. I think Im benching for a WR. 
What are you Chicken Littles seeing that I’m missing?

He put 21.1 and 21.3 Weeks 12 & 14 even though Gordon out touched him both times. 30.8 in Week 13 when he dominated touches over Boone.

Cincinnati has given up the 10th most FF points to RBs this year. 9 backs put up RB1 numbers, 3 (Najee, Carter, Chubb) had elite games. Two of those three elite games RBs in a time share.

RB2 over the last 3 weeks. RB9 over the last 8 weeks. He’s had double digit touches 13 out of 13.

Green means go.

Javonte Williams (leg) was sidelined for Thursday's practice.

Even so, coach Vic Fangio did say he "expects" Williams to play on Sunday after "his leg kind of swelled up”; being downgraded from limited to 'DNP' on Thursday is still a cause for concern. Managers should obviously monitor Williams' availability on Friday since it will be more telling for his status in Week 15.

Javonte Williams (leg) was sidelined for Thursday's practice.

Even so, coach Vic Fangio did say he "expects" Williams to play on Sunday after "his leg kind of swelled up”; being downgraded from limited to 'DNP' on Thursday is still a cause for concern. Managers should obviously monitor Williams' availability on Friday since it will be more telling for his status in Week 15.

That does not sound good.

That does not sound good.
Something to monitor but should be fine.

I once heard a player say Monday after an NFL game feels like you’ve just been in a car collision. I don’t know about the former but I’ve experienced the latter. Even if you’re relatively unscathed you’re not right for 2-3 weeks. Your insides just need time to adjust to having been thrown around violently. 

Rught now the entire league is feeling like they’ve been in 13 crashes in the last 3 months.

:lol:

Gordon was limited yesterday as well. Rest day is not a big concern as long as he gets in a full on Friday.

Thankfully I have a bye in the league I have him in... this week makes me nervous, moreso with the leg swelling that Gordon's presence. 

Javonte Williams (leg) returned to practice Friday.

As expected. Coach Vic Fangio also reiterated that Williams "will play" and "won’t have any limitations"; the rookie was held out of Thursday's practice because "his leg kind of swelled up." Both he and Melvin Gordon should be viewed as co-RB2/3s in a timeshare in Week 15.

SOURCE: Nick Kosmider on Twitter

Dec 17, 2021, 2:11 PM ET

I can't believe I benched Williams for Pittman in one league.  I'm kicking myself this morning for that blunder.

sitting him for penny, only due to workload.... i hope (expect) penny to be catching a few balls as SEA tries to keep up. 

meh, after starting pittman yesterday, im basically swinging for the fences now

sitting him for penny, only due to workload.... i hope (expect) penny to be catching a few balls as SEA tries to keep up. 

meh, after starting pittman yesterday, im basically swinging for the fences now
Similar here.

At the moment…Aaron Hines and Penny are in at RB1 and RB2.   
Going back and forth between Javonte and Tee Higgins at flex.

Debating him and J. Wilson. Williams is the superior talent, but he’s a bit banged up and his matchup isn’t nearly as good as Wilson. Plus he’s in a 50/50 committee with Gordon who has played really well. Wilson is a zero in the passing game and Deebo seems like their goal line back now. I will probably stick with Javonte and hope he breaks a long one. 

Debating him and J. Wilson. Williams is the superior talent, but he’s a bit banged up and his matchup isn’t nearly as good as Wilson. Plus he’s in a 50/50 committee with Gordon who has played really well. Wilson is a zero in the passing game and Deebo seems like their goal line back now. I will probably stick with Javonte and hope he breaks a long one. 
Javonte for sure.  If Deebo were out, I'd consider Wilson, but now I think it's an easy call.

Javonte for sure.  If Deebo were out, I'd consider Wilson, but now I think it's an easy call.
Thanks, I’m mostly with you. Us Javonte guys need this game to be close or for Denver to be ahead. Cincy getting off to a fast start could be trouble. I’m hoping we get our 15+ touches and he should be a solid RB2 at worst. 

Wow, his total is 60 1/2 yards rushing.  I'm ALL OVER the over there.  It was 81 1/2 rushing/receiving, btw.  My 130 guess was obviously to fetch some replies in here but I do think he has a big day.

Fangio is hanging by a thread, if that.  He can't put his hopes on Lock, no way.  And do you want to hand the ball off to an older Gordon or would you prefer the kid who breaks as many tackles as anybody in the NFL?  It's almost January, time for a big load, they've waited long enough and playoff hopes are riding. 

Hell, the Chargers are about to lose to the Texans!

With Jeudy, Patrick, and potentially Sutton out this weekend, how do y'all see Javonte performing? Still a run funnel of a defense with LAC.

Better outlook

Neutral outlook

Worse outlook

#willansweryourskthxbai

With Jeudy, Patrick, and potentially Sutton out this weekend, how do y'all see Javonte performing? Still a run funnel of a defense with LAC.

Better outlook

Neutral outlook

Worse outlook

#willansweryourskthxbai
Worse. 

Javonte Williams (knee) is listed as questionable for Week 17 against the Chargers.

Williams only logged one limited practice ahead of Week 16 and still played, forming an even committee with Melvin Gordon. Having logged three limited practices this week, he will very likely be in the same role once again. Williams is going up against a Chargers run-funnel defense, which is the good news. The bad news is that his quarterback is Drew Lock and the Broncos will likely be without all three of their starting wide receivers. Williams shapes up as an RB2, who will need to hit big plays to deliver value this week. Fortunately, the rookie has shown repeated big play ability. 

Dec 31, 2021, 5:10 PM ET

What is everyone expecting from J.Williams this week?

Will the fact that he is playing a terrible run defense or he is playing with a terrible QB and a depleted wr corp be a bigger factor?

Will the Broncos attempt to run the ball all day? If so will they be effective or will the Chargers put everyone in the box and shut down Denver? The Broncos looked pretty bad vs the Raiders last week.

Will the fact that he is playing a terrible run defense or he is playing with a terrible QB and a depleted wr corp be a bigger factor?

Will the Broncos attempt to run the ball all day? If so will they be effective or will the Chargers put everyone in the box and shut down Denver? The Broncos looked pretty bad vs the Raiders last week.

I posted some thoughts on Williams in the "who do I start" thread, located here. ~~~~~~~~> https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/802368-week-17-who-should-i-start-thread-official/page/5/#comment-23795602

Long story short, I think the upside is massive, although a Gordon split wouldn't shock me either.   Gordon has been "nicked up" in practice this week, and Denver should be playing from behind, and are already Covid decimated.

I know the floor is probably 7-8 points, but there is a chance for a massive point total from Williams too, all things considered.

Have a look there and I go more in depth.

P.S. - I'm rolling him out at flex, needing a massive day.    Good luck if you go this route.

Could be bad but hopefully they have a better run plan this week. Ceiling is big too but odds he won’t hit it. I think 14 half ppr points 

Could be bad but hopefully they have a better run plan this week. Ceiling is big too but odds he won’t hit it. I think 14 half ppr points 
Always tough when both Williams and Gordon play.  I hope Gordon is gone from the Broncos next season.

I'm faced with J Williams or T Lockett for the FLEX. While Yahoo predicts Lockett at 13.08 and J Williams currently at 8.20 I am still favoring J Williams.

I'm faced with J Williams or T Lockett for the FLEX. While Yahoo predicts Lockett at 13.08 and J Williams currently at 8.20 I am still favoring J Williams.

yeah I’m not sure why FantasyPros & Yahoo etc al have Williams so low. I mean, yeah OK 7-12-1 last week but have we seen LAC stop any decent back this year? (rhetorical Q) Lockett went 3-30 after a difficult COVUD case, said he could barely move. 

I have him in over Carter, G Davis, Pollard, Sutton. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Javonte Williams (knee) is expected to play in Week 17 against the Chargers.

Despite looking more explosive than Melvin Gordon every week, Williams remains mired in a backfield-by-committee with the veteran. Gordon is dealing with thumb and hip injuries but is also expected to play this week. Both backs should see extensive run as the Broncos are without their starting quarterback and two of their top three receivers. Williams projects for RB2 numbers versus the league's worst run-defense. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Jan 2, 2022, 8:58 AM ET

I have no confidence in Williams with a CFL level QB playing for Denver. Just look what happened last week vs the Raiders.

The way this offensive staff is coming together, if Gordon leaves, Williams is going to be top 5. 

OC has ties to Shanahan in Atlanta and Kubiak is now on as passing game coordinator. Love hearing those things.

The way this offensive staff is coming together, if Gordon leaves, Williams is going to be top 5. 

OC has ties to Shanahan in Atlanta and Kubiak is now on as passing game coordinator. Love hearing those things.
He is an UFA and put up some decent numbers last season, but I don't see another big payday at this point in his career.  I have no idea if he's staying or going to be honest.

He is an UFA and put up some decent numbers last season, but I don't see another big payday at this point in his career.  I have no idea if he's staying or going to be honest.
Shouldn’t the Wilson acquisition make it more difficult to pay Gordon?

He has a real QB. More TD upside for sure. Less stacked boxes. Positives all around. 
Maybe less PPR upside as Wilson has never been the dump off to the RB type, and with all these weapons, isn't likely to start. 

I'm still betting on them addressing RB2 in a meaningful way (possibly just bringing Gordon back, as I doubt he'll have much of a market) but I doubt it'll just be Williams and then Mike Boone. 

I'm tentatively viewing Williams as a low-end RB1. 

Users who are viewing this thread