What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Devon Achane, MIA (1 Viewer)

I’m starting him over Brian Robinson. I just can’t sit a guy who can take it to the house like Achane can on any play. I’m Certainly not sitting him for a guy who is probably going to score exactly 10 points.
I did the exact same thing!

Cheers!

Was crazy to see the volume they gave him after the game was out of hand.

Seems to say Mostert is true RB1 of this team.

But also could be making a statement that they don’t need to put this guy in bubble wrap, and let him get more reps.

Quick question. I currently have Doubs and Hopkins in my lineup but I have Mostert on the bench, should I do anything? Any and all help be appreciated.

Need a big game from him. I am going to lose because of Herbert but I could get into the playoffs based on total points or victory points, and I need to boost my total this week for that to have a better chance of happening.

Looked Iike he would have gotten to the corner for a TD on that first drive if Tua didn’t fumble the snap.

Looked Iike he would have gotten to the corner for a TD on that first drive if Tua didn’t fumble the snap.
Agreed. And his wide open missed opportunity that him and tua just missed on (I think Achane let up a little) would have gone for an 85 yard TD.

Not the best stat line last night… but easily could have been very big night.

Those couple touches on the last drive pushed me ahead. Rapture.
Same. And interestingly enough the previous three drives were all Mostert with Achane barely even seeing a snap. The two tds and the punt I don’t recall seeing Achane get a snap. I know he didn’t get a touch.

If you roster him you gotta keep putting him in your lineup. The problem is his availability and the fact that Mostert is doing so good. Those things hurt his snaps and involvement.

It's clear Mostert is the grinder here, but they're putting both Achane and Mostert in the backfield together. Achane getting more of the passing game vs. Mostert and they're clearly trying to set him up for explosive plays.

Feels like Miami's version of D. Montgomery and J. Gibbs.

Those couple touches on the last drive pushed me ahead. Rapture.
I won a win and in game on that last catch by all of 0.28. He was initially going to lose a good chunk of yards. Him turning that into something saved the season.

I know this guy has huge talent, but boy, ‘winning’ him as a free agent became my doom. There’s no sugar coating two 1st quarter exits and week 14 dud.

Connor Williams, Miami's starting #1 Center in the NFL is OUT for the season
That should make people shake in the knees
Different offense without him
This is good Info to know. People rarely know about olines. For me if Kelce was out, the Eagles offense is vastly downgraded. Sounds like the same here.
Miami has been rolling back ups at LG and RG with Cotton and Jones but now with Williams-IR and Armstead always IN and Out at Left Tackle...you have Miami possibly starting 4 back ups which leaves Austin Jackson as the only remaining healthy OL for Miami.

Was really excited about this guy for dynasty when he exploded on the scene, but starting to sour a bit on him with all these injuries. As talented as he is, as they say, the best ability is availability.

Have Mostert and Achane in lineup now. At this point, I'd rather see them make him inactive to justify moving Pollard back in. Come back healthy Week 16 and finish it off strong!

Have Mostert and Achane in lineup now. At this point, I'd rather see them make him inactive to justify moving Pollard back in. Come back healthy Week 16 and finish it off strong!
I have both and am sitting Achane for Breece Hall and Monty. It's actually a kids league that I manage with my 8-year-old. We're going to the game, his first ever, so it'd be fun if he could watch all his players, but I think Achane is still too risky, so he'll have to settle for watching Mostert and the Miami DST

Considering punting him at this point to hoard another matchup D. No way he can be trusted until he puts in a healthy performance, which would be week 16, and then even if he does, he'd be facing the Ravens D in Baltimore week 17. 🤕

Considering punting him at this point to hoard another matchup D. No way he can be trusted until he puts in a healthy performance, which would be week 16, and then even if he does, he'd be facing the Ravens D in Baltimore week 17. 🤕
In no universe can one drop Achane imo. It's tough seeing him banged up constantly but there isn't a more explosive RB in the game. He could go for a TD every single play (He should have had an 80+ yard TD reception last week).

You would 100% be kicking yourself if you drop him for a D you might start.

In no universe can one drop Achane imo ... You would 100% be kicking yourself if you drop him for a D you might start.

In dynasty/keeper formats, I agree. In redraft, it's an entirely different story. Only three weeks remain, and he now has a toe injury that has caused him to DNP two practices in a row. I could definitely see a scenario where I am kicking myself in the next week or two for not dropping him this week. If I get a sniff today or tomorrow that his toe injury is even remotely serious (i.e. turf toe), he's hitting my wire. Sadly, as I am as big a fan of his game as anyone here.

Users who are viewing this thread