What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Darius Jackson = ELITE ATHLETE (3 Viewers)

Remember when Christine Michael was on GB? Nothing to see here barring some pretty catastrophic backfield injuries. Jones will be back in week 3 so even if JW is worse than Lacy was in Seattle last year, Jackson will still be irrelevant 

Must add. Jackson athleticism > Williams, Jones or Montgomery 
I agree here. and Jones is an athlete

I like a gem as much as the next guy, but barring an injury to one of the other RBs, I'm guessing he's cut as soon as Aaron Jones is back. Especially on a team that just kept like 17 WRs & TEs.
They only have 3 RBs now. have kept 4 or 5 in previous years. it's very possible they keep him on the active roster once Jones comes back. 

Remember when Christine Michael was on GB? Nothing to see here barring some pretty catastrophic backfield injuries. Jones will be back in week 3 so even if JW is worse than Lacy was in Seattle last year, Jackson will still be irrelevant 
possibly. but that's not uncommon, especially in GB. remember when they trotted out Don Jackson and had to go get Christine Michael and Knile Davis just 2 years ago for bodies? 

Likely a depth move but with no certainty in this backfield yet, and Jacksons athelticism, he's worth a dynasty stash

Dr. Dan said:
possibly. but that's not uncommon, especially in GB. remember when they trotted out Don Jackson and had to go get Christine Michael and Knile Davis just 2 years ago for bodies? 

Likely a depth move but with no certainty in this backfield yet, and Jacksons athelticism, he's worth a dynasty stash
Maybe worth a stash on a +30 roster league. There’s plenty of certainty in GB. It’s certain that it will be one of the three big names, because all three carried the load at some point last year. We just don’t know who. Don’t even waste time the time clicking the add button with Jackson

Maybe worth a stash on a +30 roster league. There’s plenty of certainty in GB. It’s certain that it will be one of the three big names, because all three carried the load at some point last year. We just don’t know who. Don’t even waste time the time clicking the add button with Jackson
if you say so

He will probably have to lose some weight to earn more usage in the NFL. He's built like a 3 down back, but with the way the NFL is trending, if you're not a Day 1 or Day 2 pick, then you're probably better off specializing in something. Here, I think he should cut some weight and focus on his speed and quickness. 

He will probably have to lose some weight to earn more usage in the NFL. He's built like a 3 down back, but with the way the NFL is trending, if you're not a Day 1 or Day 2 pick, then you're probably better off specializing in something. Here, I think he should cut some weight and focus on his speed and quickness. 
I'm pretty sure it's over for him 

Updated

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cowboys signed RB Alfred Morris.

Initially scheduled to visit the Saints, Morris 'coincidently' put pen to paper with Dallas on the very day Cowboys owner Jerry Jones publicly stated "[teams] don't need a rushing champion to win a Super Bowl." No matter how much the 30-year-old has left in the tank, it's obviously bad news for Elliott's team that the franchise simply drew a line in the sand and brought back an old favorite who not only rushed for 115/547/1 while donning the star two seasons ago, but is also familiar with Jason Garrett's coaching style. Morris is an immediate pick-to-click as the team's No. 2 runner (pending Zeke's holdout) ahead of Darius Jackson, but shouldn't eat at rookie Tony Pollard's passing-game usage. The latter remains a premier late-round option in PPR formats, while Morris has upside as the leading candidate for short-yardage and goal line situations.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jul 29, 2019, 9:43 PM ET

Casting Couch said:
Updated

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cowboys signed RB Alfred Morris.

Initially scheduled to visit the Saints, Morris 'coincidently' put pen to paper with Dallas on the very day Cowboys owner Jerry Jones publicly stated "[teams] don't need a rushing champion to win a Super Bowl." No matter how much the 30-year-old has left in the tank, it's obviously bad news for Elliott's team that the franchise simply drew a line in the sand and brought back an old favorite who not only rushed for 115/547/1 while donning the star two seasons ago, but is also familiar with Jason Garrett's coaching style. Morris is an immediate pick-to-click as the team's No. 2 runner (pending Zeke's holdout) ahead of Darius Jackson, but shouldn't eat at rookie Tony Pollard's passing-game usage. The latter remains a premier late-round option in PPR formats, while Morris has upside as the leading candidate for short-yardage and goal line situations.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jul 29, 2019, 9:43 PM ET
Ian Rapoport 🙄

I'll take the guy (Morris) who has averaged approximately 4.5 yards per carry on over 200 carries for the past 2 seasons with Dallas, over Darrius Jackson who has 6 total career carries and has been cut by 3 different teams. 

The short term fix is probably no one since I think Ezekiel Elliott will start the season in the Dallas backfield, but I''ll take Alfy Morris hands down as insurance.

I'll take the guy (Morris) who has averaged approximately 4.5 yards per carry on over 200 carries for the past 2 seasons with Dallas, over Darrius Jackson who has 6 total career carries and has been cut by 3 different teams. 

The short term fix is probably no one since I think Ezekiel Elliott will start the season in the Dallas backfield, but I''ll take Alfy Morris hands down as insurance.
UPDATED: https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1158495594794516482?s=21

Darius Jackson tops first unofficial depth chart. Alf Morris third string behind Pollard. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread