What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Cam Akers, MIN (1 Viewer)

See how fast Robbie Anderson was traded?

Yeah - Akers is still a Ram.

Dude isn’t very good.
The Cards May have thought Brown was done for the year, speeding that process up
Henderson/Brown didn’t exactly light the world on fire on Sunday.
Brown definitely didn’t show anything, but Henderson had a couple of big boy runs. Not sure how McVay felt about the performance though.
I wouldn’t hold my breath that McV all of the sudden starts thinking Henderson is his bellcow.

See how fast Robbie Anderson was traded?

Yeah - Akers is still a Ram.

Dude isn’t very good.
The Cards May have thought Brown was done for the year, speeding that process up
Henderson/Brown didn’t exactly light the world on fire on Sunday.
Brown definitely didn’t show anything, but Henderson had a couple of big boy runs. Not sure how McVay felt about the performance though.
I wouldn’t hold my breath that McV all of the sudden starts thinking Henderson is his bellcow.
I don’t think Henderson could hold up for note than 3 games if he did.

I could see Howie giving a pick. Let Sanders walk in the off-season and you have his replacement on the cheap for 2 more years. Strong OL

ETA He did something similar for Ajayi in ‘17
Sermon vs Akers would be quite the post hype mid-off next offseason.

Rams head coach Sean McVay said the team is still discussing a potential trade of Cam Akers.​

Akers was told to stay home from practice last week as the Rams continue to discuss trading him. The team has reportedly spoken to multiple teams about a trade, but there's a chance the team does not move him before the November 1st trade deadline. Akers last played for the Rams in Week 5 and has rushed for 51-151-1 on the season. Since returning from a torn Achilles last season, Akers has struggled to return to form and is averaging a mere 3.0 YPC on the season. It's unlikely the Rams would fetch anything more than a few late-round draft picks for the former second-round pick.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Oct 24, 2022, 4:42 PM ET

Cam Akers (personal) remains away from the team this week and is unlikely to play Week 8 against the 49ers.​

The Rams are holding out hope they can trade Akers, but that's wishful thinking at this point. Other teams know the Rams don't want him, and Akers hasn't been productive since his torn Achilles. Los Angeles is probably going to have to end up cutting Akers. Darrell Henderson, Malcolm Brown, and Ronnie Rivers are expected to handle backfield duties against San Francisco.
Oct 26, 2022, 4:17 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Cam Akers "is expected to return to the Rams" if not traded.​

Akers is currently sitting out while awaiting a trade. He reportedly had "philosophical and football-related differences" with coach Sean McVay, causing him to walk away from the team. Akers is currently averaging less than three yards per carry and hasn't looked the same since suffering a torn Achilles tendon last summer. Unless the Rams are willing to move him at a massive discount, a trade is unlikely to materialize.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Oct 30, 2022, 8:37 AM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Cam Akers "is expected to return to the Rams" if not traded.​

Akers is currently sitting out while awaiting a trade. He reportedly had "philosophical and football-related differences" with coach Sean McVay, causing him to walk away from the team. Akers is currently averaging less than three yards per carry and hasn't looked the same since suffering a torn Achilles tendon last summer. Unless the Rams are willing to move him at a massive discount, a trade is unlikely to materialize.
So, to me, the fact that Akers has been actually choosing to "sit out" or "walk away from the team" is news. Was this already known? Obviously we all knew something was very wrong between him and the team, but I didn't specifically know it was his decision to not play.

So, to me, the fact that Akers has been actually choosing to "sit out" or "walk away from the team" is news. Was this already known? Obviously we all knew something was very wrong between him and the team, but I didn't specifically know it was his decision to not play.
Sounds to me like Akers thinks he's better than he actually is. Sports figures ego never cease to amaze me.

And if he is "choosing" to sit out, why would the team want him back after all that? That tells me he cannot be trusted. Is he going to do this every time something doesn't go his way?

Why not try to trade him and get what you can for him? Take the loss and move on. Nothing good can come from him returning to the team.

And if he is "choosing" to sit out, why would the team want him back after all that? That tells me he cannot be trusted. Is he going to do this every time something doesn't go his way?

Why not try to trade him and get what you can for him? Take the loss and move on. Nothing good can come from him returning to the team.
You would think a case of Bubblicious Bubble Gum would get a trade done.

You would think a case of Bubblicious Bubble Gum would get a trade done.
Well someone would still need to actually offer said bubblicious. With Akers acting like a baby the team offering the gun would be overpaying.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Rams "turned down multiple offers" for Cam Akers at the trade deadline and are "working with" his agent to get him back on the field.​

The Rams clearly didn't get anything more than an offer of a late-round pick for their 2020 second-rounder, so it's now a matter of cleaning up the mess. Akers has been told to stay home the last three weeks, but it sounds like coach Sean McVay is ready to welcome him back after L.A. whiffed on Christian McCaffrey and have been forced to play Malcolm Brown and Ronnie Rivers out of the backfield. The Rams should also get rookie RB Kyren Williams (ankle) off I.R. this week.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Nov 2, 2022, 1:21 PM ET

Has anyone ever heard what exactly went down between Akers and the Rams? I can speculate, and I do, but I'd like to know instead of guess. Has anyone reported what occurred from the time he showed up to practice on a Wednesday and things blew up? When I hear that latest report they "are working with his agents" to get him back on the field it just makes me very curious to know what transpired here as this seems more then just general being upset over being told his role was relegated.

Turned down multiple offers, huh. Right....
I can see it. Teams thinking he might eventually get cut throw out late round picks. I doubt they had any substantial offers or he would have been gone.
Who would offer more than a late round pick for him? He has looked atrocious on the field and the off the field issues aren't a good look either.

The 'ol agent "team turned down multiple offers" 🤣

Sit on the sidelines with all us Cam and watch the nice Achilles comeback happening in Carolina (a continuation of what happened in TN last year)

No situation in football will be better than what he's got currently in LA between the barren RB room and more importantly the investment McVay and organization had made in him

He's either a complete imbecile or getting some horrible horrible advice from agent.

Cam Akers has resumed practicing in full.​

Akers also put the onus on the team for his mysterious, multi-week absence. “I never asked to not be a part of the team," Akers insisted. "I never asked to not play. I never asked to not practice.” The assembled Rams media reported Akers was received warmly by his teammates. On the shelf since Week 5, Akers appears likely to be a part of the Rams' 46-man roster for Sunday's game against the Bucs. The question is who might join him, with fifth-round rookie Kyren Williams (ankle) seemingly poised to return from injured reserve. With Darrell Henderson, Ronnie Rivers and Malcolm Brown also in the mix, it's difficult to make a FLEX case for any of the involved parties at the moment.
Nov 3, 2022, 6:49 PM ET

There is something about him McVay likes. I agree the performances haven't been there, but they seem determined to give him every chance needed to succeed.

Rams coach Sean McVay said "there is a possibility" Cam Akers plays in Week 9 against the Bucs.​

The team still hasn't activated Kyren Williams from injured reserve, leaving them with Darrell Henderson, Ronnie Rivers, and Malcolm Brown to handle the carries. None of the three were effective last week, though Akers was struggling just as much before sitting out for personal reasons. Even he if is active this week, Akers is unlikely to handle a significant workload. No one in this backfield is worth considering as a fantasy option right now.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Andrew Siciliano on Twitter
Nov 4, 2022, 2:37 PM ET

HC/TE coach to help in running game

Rams are making changes at the coaching level to try and fix the running game. Certainly seems like maybe Akers and the new RBs coach didn't mesh. :shrug:
That kinda sounds like coaching chaos.
It does. But if the assistant headcoach/TE coach is now helping out with RBs and held the position of RBs coach prior to 2021 he has a history of working with Akers. And if Akers discontent with the team was the new RBs coach perhaps there is a glimmer of hope here. Worth keeping an eye on and if he is active this Sunday and you have the roster room may be worth a stash to see what develops.

I understand it's just a gut feeling, but what is there to lose at this point? It seems obvious to me they WANT Akers to be the guy.
Henderson has been given opportunities and, even when he has succeeded, they have gone away from him.

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms Cam Akers will return for Sunday's game against the Bucs.​

Things had been trending this way all week, though coach Sean McVay had claimed there was only a "possibility" Akers suits up for the first time since Week 5. Kyren Williams' non-activation off injured reserve on Saturday was the strongest indication yet Akers would return. Although a sprawling committee is likely, it should surprise no one if Akers out-touches Darrell Henderson. We would expect both to remain ahead of Ronnie Rivers, whose increased Week 8 role was probably due to Henderson's lingering illness. Akers is a poor Week 9 FLEX option in this struggling offense.
Nov 6, 2022, 12:42 AM ET

HC/TE coach to help in running game

Rams are making changes at the coaching level to try and fix the running game. Certainly seems like maybe Akers and the new RBs coach didn't mesh. :shrug:
That kinda sounds like coaching chaos.
It does. But if the assistant headcoach/TE coach is now helping out with RBs and held the position of RBs coach prior to 2021 he has a history of working with Akers. And if Akers discontent with the team was the new RBs coach perhaps there is a glimmer of hope here. Worth keeping an eye on and if he is active this Sunday and you have the roster room may be worth a stash to see what develops.
Well, I guess we now know what develops. Absolutely nothing

Users who are viewing this thread