What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ray Rice vs Megatron in 2012 (1 Viewer)

Ignoring the players involved, what worries you more?

• Total voters

sspunisher

Footballguy
I can see both of these guys falling down to the middle of the 1st in some leagues depending on scoring. Was curious what direction everyone would go in.

Last edited by a moderator:
There should be a worried about neither option. The Curse will not affect Calvin and Rice won't hold out.

it's not the curse that worries me about Calvin as much as the fact that last year was a career year for him - can he keep it up at such a blistering pace or will he drop back somewhat?

then there's the M. Stafford thing - again,a career year for him as well, can he keep it up,can he stay healthy..

CJs splits first 8 vs. last 8 games,2011..

47-804-11

49-877-5 - number is skewed by the one big game in january where he caught 11 balls for 244 yards and 1 td..otherwise his second half split is

38-633-4

I know we don't like to discount 'big games' but without it he has a very mundane second half...

in other words he started off white hot,and faded down the stretch...

If you're discounting Calvins biggest, most dominant game in the 2nd half of the season, your discounting one of his main attributes entirely: his ability to take over a game.

CJs splits first 8 vs. last 8 games,2011..47-804-1149-877-5 - number is skewed by the one big game in january where he caught 11 balls for 244 yards and 1 td..otherwise his second half split is38-633-4 I know we don't like to discount 'big games' but without it he has a very mundane second half...in other words he started off white hot,and faded down the stretch...
I'm sorry, but your argument makes no sense. Even if you're only giving him 38-633-4 over the second half of the season with the one game not counting, then you have to prorate that (is that the term to use here?, maybe extrapolate) for 8 games in order to compare it to the first half of his season....So, 38-633-4 in 7 games ~= 43-723-5 over 8 games....or a 86/1,450/10 season....after discounting his biggest game!So, (over that stretch) #8 in receptions for a WR, #5 in yards for a WR, and #5 for TDs by a WR AFTER taking away his biggest game? Not all that bad....Take away Welker's 16/217/2 game vs the Bills and he's a different WR, same with Cruz' 9/157/2 game and Fitz' 9/146/2 and Steve Smith's 8/178/2 and Roddy's 10/135/2 and Bowe's 7/128/2. Take away Colston's week 17 and he's not even a 1,000 yard WR. Take away Matt Flynn's week 17 and he's not a Seahawk.....

Calvin might be the best player in the NFL. Rodgers is great, but Brady and Bees are right there. There is no clear top RB. There is nobody else like Calvin. I expect an even better year this year.

My level of concern for either guy is extremely minimal. Regardless of that, I'm always more concerned with anything hold out related than anything "curse" related. I'd give a slight edge to Calvin on the less worried scale.

'sspunisher said:
'rizzler said:
I can see both of these guys falling down to the middle of the 1st in some leagues depending on scoring.
unless QB's are getting PPR or 12pts a TD, in what universe does Rice fall to the middle of the 1st?
Apparently you only play in one fantasy football "universe."
better question is, why would you play in a league where rice is a mid first round pick.

'sspunisher said:
'rizzler said:
I can see both of these guys falling down to the middle of the 1st in some leagues depending on scoring.
unless QB's are getting PPR or 12pts a TD, in what universe does Rice fall to the middle of the 1st?
Apparently you only play in one fantasy football "universe."
better question is, why would you play in a league where rice is a mid first round pick.
Holy #### I forgot I have to dumb everything down for people like you.Foster, McCoy and Rodgers can easily be taken ahead of Megatron and Rice in any league regardless of scoring. I don't care if you agree with it or not, it'll happen in a lot of leagues. If Ray Rice holds out well into the preseason, he'll fall a couple of spots in some drafts. If it's a heavy QB scoring or a 2 QB league, you can argue some people might reach for Brees, Stafford, Newton or Brady. If it's a TE heavy scoring league you can argue some people might reach for Graham or Gronkowski. If it's a heavy scoring IDP league then some people might draft defense ahead of, yes, Rice and Megatron. If a combination of the previous scoring formats apply, then Megatron and Rice might slide even further. "Mid first" is anywhere from 5-8 depending on league size, is it really that ####### hard to comprehend? . The point is people on these forums play in a bunch of different leagues and I was acknowledging that. Even a majority of the FBG staff has played in leagues like this and posted the mock draft results in the Shark Pool. Get over yourselves, it's not that uncommon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread