What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ravens at Patriots (1 Viewer)

I'm no fan of Brady's, believe me... but most of you are overreacting. I just watched that play again about 10 times from three different angles and I didn't see any malicious intent there. That's just the way he always slides. Kind of girly-ish, with the leg sticking up. :shrug:
It doesn't have to be malicious to be dangerous and unsportsmanlike. That's the stupidest way to slide, ever.
Well that's the thing... can something really be unsportsmanlike if it isn't intentional?But he needs how to learn how to slide better, yes.

I'm no fan of Brady's, believe me... but most of you are overreacting. I just watched that play again about 10 times from three different angles and I didn't see any malicious intent there. That's just the way he always slides. Kind of girly-ish, with the leg sticking up. :shrug:
It doesn't have to be malicious to be dangerous and unsportsmanlike. That's the stupidest way to slide, ever.
Well that's the thing... can something really be unsportsmanlike if it isn't intentional?But he needs how to learn how to slide better, yes.
Intentional and malicious are different.eta: lots of hits and face masks and such aren't intentional and are still fouls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which happens how often when a QB slides?Oh, and he still got stepped on. Stupid play and lucky no injuries or flags on it.
You answered your own question.
He got stepped on because his leg was stuck up and caused the defender to not be able to avoid him like he would without a sissy leg stuck up there. You're digging your hole deeper.
Thats clearly what is happening here lol. Why don't you tell us more how something unintentional can be malicious.

Which happens how often when a QB slides?Oh, and he still got stepped on. Stupid play and lucky no injuries or flags on it.
You answered your own question.
He got stepped on because his leg was stuck up and caused the defender to not be able to avoid him like he would without a sissy leg stuck up there. You're digging your hole deeper.
Thats clearly what is happening here lol. Why don't you tell us more how something unintentional can be malicious.
:lmao: I didn't say anything like that. The closest would be me saying that something could be unintentional but still unsportsmanlike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate that rule. It's like receivers know that if they make the catch, might as well add 15 yards to it.
The league will start filling up with short receivers so that straight up tackles always hit them in the head. Anyone over 5'9" can just duck their head and get the extra 15. Absolutely essential to fix this rule in the offseason. Hopefully there'll be a dramatic example of this in the SB that affects the game (preferably against the 9ers!) that makes looking at it unavoidable. Also, brushing the QBs head (like today) or unavoidable contact (Earl Thomas vs Miami) while in the normal process of trying to block a pass.

I'm really surprised the Ravens haven't shifted into their 50+ yd attempts for 3 downs offense, it worked in week 3.

I've mentioned it before but how does the RG of BAL get away with that little shift on every other play?
Lots of teams do that now but the Ravens are the ones who started it.The answer to your question, though, is because it's not a maneuver that's intended to deceive the defense.

Users who are viewing this thread