What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ravens at Broncos (1 Viewer)

No one here is a bigger vols fan than I. No one. But my irrational hatred of John Elway makes me glad Baltimore won. Sorry Peyton.

Manning chokes again in the playoffs. 3 turnovers attributed to him. Go Manning!Thus setting up what will be one of the dullest AFC Championship Games ever....

@RoobCSN: Most playoff wins, first 5 seasons: Tom Brady (9), Ben Roethlisberger (8), Joe Flacco (7), Troy Aikman (6). Still wanna rip the guy?

I'm sure Peyton will come out and take the blame for that INT, but the game should never have been in that position. Handing off on 3 and 7 when a 1st down ends the game and you are close to mid-field anyway. Then when you do blow the lead, not at least taking a shot with 30+ seconds left and 2 time outs at the end of regulation. Just horrible coaching decisions, and likely cost the Broncos the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure Peyton will come out and take the blame for that INT, but the game should never have been in that position. Handing off on 3 and 7 when a 1st down end the game and you are close to mid-field anyway. Then when you do blow the lead, not at least taking a shot with 30+ seconds left and 2 time outs at the end of regulation. Just horrible coaching decisions, and likely cost the Broncos the game.
No shock. John Fox was a terrible head coach in Carolina too.That said, Peyton deserves blame for this loss. He had 2 INTs and 2 fumbles. That's a big deal, especially in the playoffs. Peyton choked, just like he usually does.

I do feel bad for manning. But this is his legacy.
Yep. A choke artist in the playoffs. His only Super Bowl came when his defense carried Peyton on its back.
Safety actually plays and Manning has a win and a good game.
Despite turning the ball over 3 times in regulation. Primarily because his special teams showed up to play and save his pathetic ###.
I hate Manning. I hate Manning.

I'm sure Peyton will come out and take the blame for that INT, but the game should never have been in that position. Handing off on 3 and 7 when a 1st down end the game and you are close to mid-field anyway. Then when you do blow the lead, not at least taking a shot with 30+ seconds left and 2 time outs at the end of regulation. Just horrible coaching decisions, and likely cost the Broncos the game.
No shock. John Fox was a terrible head coach in Carolina too.That said, Peyton deserves blame for this loss. He had 2 INTs and 2 fumbles. That's a big deal, especially in the playoffs. Peyton choked, just like he usually does.
He deserves a share of it. He can't make that last throw. The first Int and fumbles were blown officiating calls.

Manning chokes again in the playoffs. 3 turnovers attributed to him. Go Manning!Thus setting up what will be one of the dullest AFC Championship Games ever....
Was today's game dull?
Not sure how that is relevant.
Seriously?
perhaps you could elaborate on your perspective, rather than offering LHUCKS-like questions in your best attempt at the Socratic Method

He deserves a share of it. He can't make that last throw. The first Int and fumbles were blown officiating calls.
Maybe Manning will officiate better next time.

of course he only deserves a share. lots of blame to go around in this game. but this is peyton's history. nothing new here.

Was today's game dull?
Seriously?
perhaps you could elaborate on your perspective, rather than offering LHUCKS-like questions in your best attempt at the Socratic Method
Maybe you can shed some light on why you think the AFC champ game will be boring when you don't even know the second team yet?

Broncos safeties are as much to blame as Manning or Fox. Out of position most of the game.
Don't bring fact in here like PI or a WR's hands of stone. It's all Manning's fault.
I don't think Peyton expected him to turn around and be in position to make the pick. Either that or he tried to throw it away at their feet and misthrew.Champ Bailey needs to retire though.

The first pick wasn't a blown call. In real time nobody saw that the DB was a fraction of a second early. Bad luck more than anything.

Was today's game dull?
Seriously?
Maybe you can shed some light on why you think the AFC champ game will be boring when you don't even know the second team yet?
lol - good job offering another question.

Users who are viewing this thread