What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate-my-team (1 Viewer)

Doug, I haven't entered a team as of you, but am wondering if this will work for Best Ball leagues? Best QB, RB, 2WR, etc from your roster?
Well, it wasn't designed with that in mind. So it will be able to assess general strength, but will be ignorant to the nuances of best-ball vs. "regular" FF.
Doug, thanks! Nice app!!!!
Hey Doug, I just entered my 32 round 14 team Best Ball Format team into this app and had a thought. It seems the app allows for QBBC and Def by Committee. Can you not just open it up a bit to allow for RBBC and WRBC and prompt for # of players needed each week?I'm thinking it can do it since it's doing it now in a limited capacity.Just a thought.

I know how/why you get something like this, but I still find a sentence like this a little silly.

Mike Thomas is a very weak eighth receiver.
Also, is there any way to use dynasty rankings instead of redraft rankings?

Love this app/feature.

Just a note here...I see you can switch btwn 4 difft FBG writers which is cool to see the difft outlooks...However, each one mentions "we". We like this, we don't like this etc, etc...who is "we"

Reason I am asking is because Tremblay states..

Overview:

In a competitive league, almost every team has a weakness. It's almost impossible to build a team that is strong at all three core positions (quarterback, running back and wide receiver). As you probably suspect, we perceive your weakness to be at the quarterback position. Of all the deficiencies to have though, this is usually the easiest one to mask.

Wood states...

Overview:

We'll start by complimenting you on your strength at quarterback, receiver, and tight end. As you know, it's very difficult in a competitive league to assemble a team that is strong at QB, RB, and WR, so just about every team will have a weakness. As you probably suspect, we perceive yours to be at running back.

So should the "we" be "I" because when I see "we I think FBG as a whole...but obviously these two staffers do not agree on my QB situation.

I personnally like Woods assesement of my club as I feel pretty comfortable (16 teamDynasty League) heading into the season with Palmer & Cassell.

Thanks and great feature :thumbdown: :(

couple of nitpicks I've seen:If a team is heavy in wr3/4 types (4 guys rated by FBG as WR3's, 2 more as 4's), has a solid WR1, then why does the system knock the lack of a FBG rated #2? WR's as described isn't a weakness...but a potential strength or at worst a wash, since with that many #3s it's more then realistic to expect one to perform as a 2, or at the least the team is above average during byes. IE: Relative strength at a position is not always as simple as top half #1, top half #2, etc.Also...certain RB's are low because of injury potential. Their backups are relatively low due to them not being expected to contribute much UNLESS the starter is hurt. If a team has both...they have a fantasy starter who is essentially much higher then either player individually. A great example of this is Westbrook/McCoy. The system sees Westy as a strong RB2...but with McCoy insurance...that's probably not very accurate.BOTTOM LINE: This thing is really neat, but it's hardly foolproof...you really need to apply some thought to its recomendations at times.
Thinking on this more...I think I see the problem. There aren't enough internal adjustments to account for large rosters (such as in dynasty) "Upside" is largely ignored because it's an intangible that makes little differance on a small redraft roster. But get enough high "upside" players together on a large (dynasty) roster, and the outlook can quickly change. I'm not sure how to account for that in the programming.

I don't care which league I use or how many players I enter or how much I change the scoring, I keep getting the same message. "Not nearly enough players entered. C'mon enter a real team." So what is up with this? Anyone else having this problem?
On the team page (the one that's telling you you don't have enough players), the URL is .../rate-my-team/team.php?[random-looking gibberish]Please PM me that URL and I'll look into it.Sorry for the hassle.
Thanks, DD. PM sent.
I got this message once for an IDP team. I think you need to adjust the roster size to be closer to the # of offensive players you have and then you should be fine.

I know I am late to this and I plan on reading this whole thread but I just ran a mock draft and was able to see the rate my team write up after my mock

This is awesome and thanks to Doug and FBGs. I have no problem continuing to fork over money to you guys with stuff like this coming out

Anyway to "Rate my Team" from my MyFBG page so I don't have to manually enter 25+ players and the scoring system when I've already done that at least once before?

Also, any way to put a radio button or drop down box that converts the report from a redraft perspective to a dynasty? Or at the very least adds a dynasty health report? Thanks! Great tool.

its fun to read the write ups but nothing more than that. of course they are all very generic your better off reaching out to one of the guys for their thoughts on twitter.. that is if you really want a true break down.

but it is a fun app to read.. just dont panic if it says your team stinks...remember its july

Congrats! You have a 15% chance of making the playoffs with perfect team management!
Yeah that team sucks
I don't know what was tweaked since my post but my link doesn't take me to my team anymore, I had to redo it... still off

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/rate-my-team/team.php?team=KUAy4HKh9763

Congrats! You have a 15% chance of making the playoffs with perfect team management!
Yeah that team sucks
I don't know what was tweaked since my post but my link doesn't take me to my team anymore, I had to redo it... still off

Rate My Team generally does a very good job with fairly standard league setups. This is a 32 team league where just 4 teams make the playoffs (very non-standard) so a default estimate would be 12.5% chance of making the playoffs. You are right though that the text does not match the words, and this team clearly has better than a 0 percent chance to make the playoffs, but it can never have a very high percentage because just 4 teams make the playoffs. Too much of that chance is embedded in who gets the key free agents (which Rate My Team factors in).

While RMT does handle a wide variety of leagues well, the further you get from "standard", the more iffy it gets. A 32 team (where just 4 teams make the playoffs) is way out there. RMT does the best it can, but it really wasn't built for that

Yeah that team sucks

Rate My Team generally does a very good job with fairly standard league setups. This is a 32 team league where just 4 teams make the playoffs (very non-standard) so a default estimate would be 12.5% chance of making the playoffs. You are right though that the text does not match the words, and this team clearly has better than a 0 percent chance to make the playoffs, but it can never have a very high percentage because just 4 teams make the playoffs. Too much of that chance is embedded in who gets the key free agents (which Rate My Team factors in).

While RMT does handle a wide variety of leagues well, the further you get from "standard", the more iffy it gets. A 32 team (where just 4 teams make the playoffs) is way out there. RMT does the best it can, but it really wasn't built for that
LOL, thanks DD... I updated it and looks good

I would love some of you guy's thoughts on my team.

10-team keeper.

Rodgers

DT

R White

Wallace

TY

Boykin

Miller

Lacy

Lat. Murray

Pitta

Anyway to "Rate my Team" from my MyFBG page so I don't have to manually enter 25+ players and the scoring system when I've already done that at least once before?
it's on page 3.

Would really like to see IDP added as it seems more leagues have gone to IDP.

Users who are viewing this thread