What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank these young cheap RBs (1 Viewer)

NorrisB

Footballguy
Rank these guys Mark Ingram, Shane Vereen, Chris Wells, Jahvid Best, Felix Jones, CJ Spiller, Jacquiz Rodgers, Ridley. I'll come back later and give my opinion, if I gave it now, this board is so lazy that you would just comment on my rankings, but I think Ingram is in last place on this list tied with FJones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rank these guys Mark Ingram, Shane Vereen, Chris Wells, Jahvid Best, Felix Jones, CJ Spiller, Jacquiz Rodgers, Ridley. I'll come back later and give my opinion, if I gave it now, this board is so lazy that you would just comment on my rankings, but I think Ingram is in last place on this list tied with FJones.
1. Wells--already has a starting gig and did ok with it.2. Spiller: could get more of a chance with an aging Jackson coming off injury3. Ingram: has the most upside of the guys left.4. Felix: I think he shares a lot of the load with Murray and I happen to think Murray is more talented. 5. Best6. Rodgers; Turner begins to fade this year7. Ridley8. VereenI don't put much stock in the NE backs as I think they will draft a guy or get a good FA back this off season.

Wells Spiller Best Jones Ingram Vereen Rodgers Ridley

If we are talking dynasty...

1.) CJ Spiller - Spiller flashed late in the year and could carve out a decent role this season with explosive upside

2.) Wells - Coming off the best year of his career he should get a chance to keep the job... when healthy he can be very solid

3.) Ingram - Maybe I'm just a bit of an Ingram homer but I feel like with an entire offseason he may be able to carve a nice niche in that offense

4.) Quizz Rodgers - Kind of an MJD build and Turner seems to be working on borrowed time

5.) Vereen - Great talent but NE backfield is a mess to count on

6.) Ridley - Same as Vereen... 1 of these 2 may end up being something special in THAT offense but which one?

7.) Felix Jones - He flashes and then gets injured... shelf life of about 3 or 4 games

8.) Jahvid Best - I can't count on him being in football... I feel that THIS ranking is a no-brainer on this list

Just post to the Mark Ingram HOF Bandwagon thread instead.Spiller - based on upsideIngram - based on upsideWells - good back with low durabilityBest - best talent but risk is too highRidley - would be higher on any other teamVereen - would be higher on any other teamRodgers - upside is low end of a RBBCFelix - failI have one Y2 team where I own 5 of the 8.

Just post to the Mark Ingram HOF Bandwagon thread instead.Spiller - based on upsideIngram - based on upsideWells - good back with low durabilityBest - best talent but risk is too highRidley - would be higher on any other teamVereen - would be higher on any other teamRodgers - upside is low end of a RBBCFelix - failI have one Y2 team where I own 5 of the 8.
I'd agree with this list. Ridley looks like a pretty good back, but I just have no faith that any back in NE can be relied upon.

I was going to contribute until you had to call us all lazy. You can stick your topic up your butt. :angry:

1) Spiller. Finished '11 strong when FJax was out and his upside is a healhty year three McFadden.

2) Wells. Seems like he's destined for good/not great status and should be a viable RB2 at worst for several years.

3) Ingram. I think he waits until year three to have a big coming out party, but upside is very strong.

Big drop to the next bunch

4) Vereen. There's a backlog of barely above average backs in NE and if he can emerge, he has the skills and the surrounding cast to post great numbers.

5) Ridley. Not sure that he's better than BGJE and the league seems to have a lot of similar backs. Still, he could surprise.

6) Felix. Only real value is as a spot play if Murray gets hurt. At best, he opens '12 as part of RBBC.

7) Rodgers. I'm probably too low on him, but like others have said, I don't see him being more than an RBBC contributor.

I'm taking a pass on Best. I'm a sucker for backs as talented as he is in situations that look to be as good as he should be in, but his injuries are so concerning at this point that I'm not touching him.

I'd agree with this list.
Also agree with this list.

Dynasty? Or one year?

Dynasty, and waiting two or three:

Spiller

Vereen

Ingram

Jones/Wells (injuries)

Ridley

Rodgers

Best :( (I think he's possibly done. They keep finding encephalopathy in guys that didn't even play much.)

1. Beanie Wells2. C.J. SpillerThese two flip flop depending on scoring system3. Mark Ingram4. Felix Jones5. Stevan Ridley6. Jahvid Best7. Jaquizz Rodgers8. Shane Vareen

1. Wells -- looked great last year, and really played banged up quite a bit

2. Ingram -- He will bounce back from a tough rookie season. He was overhyped but is a great buy low now

3. Spiller -- Freddie J will be back and they will be a nice RB Combo. He will get his chance to be a RB down the road.

4. Best -- High Risk High Reward. File under the wait and see.

5. Jones -- Never sold on this guy, always inconsistant. T. Choice 2.0

6. Rodgers -- Good skills but I don't think he will ever be more then a 3rd down back or part of a RBBC

7a. Vereen -- New England doesn't run and if they do they always have 5 RB's not worth taking a gamble on.

7b. Ridley -- Same as Vereen. As long as Brady is there it is going to be a pass happy team

No Kendall Hunter?

I think that Chris Wells is going to play himself into a RBBC situation because of his terrible blitz pickup and pass catching skills.

Spiller

Ingram

Wells

Quiz

Vereen

Felix

Ridley

I leave out best cuz unfortunately I just think he's done. It's a shame cuz he coulda been a lethal option in that offense

I also wouldn't classify the top 3 (maybe quiz too) as cheap

Also I would put Donald brown and Kendall hunter behind quiz in that order. I may be the only person that likes brown

I think that Chris Wells is going to play himself into a RBBC situation because of his terrible blitz pickup and pass catching skills.
Well, He didn't have 3rd down duty last year and he got 250 carries in 14 games, guess I dont see whats wrong with that type of RBBC.

Tier 1A/B/C:Ingram - Too late to sell nowBest - Risky. but I'm a gamblerSpiller - Could easily rank him #1 on this listTier "is that all you got":Wells: Probably has several good weeks left in himFJones: bye week filler unless DeMarco is injured, then he gets bumped to flex.Tier "still unknown"Vereen: because wouldn't it be like Belichick to surprise everyone and mold Vereen into #1 RB (wishful owner). Seriously, if losing the Super Bowl causes BB to go back to the drawing and re-scheme (mad scientist style), I'll put my money on the potential playmaker.Ridley: Like him, but with BJGE in the fold, I don't see steady touches. Rodgers: He will go up or down depending on front office off-season moves.

First, I don't consider Wells, Ingram, and Spiller cheap.

The two RBs that I think are a must buy right now are Jacquizz Rodgers and Kendall Hunter. Those who think Rodgers is only a 3rd down back are going to be rudely awakened. Rodgers is both thicker and stronger than you think. He's especially high on my list in PPR leagues. Hunter is an explosive runner with great vision and a future top 10 RB in the NFL once Gore is done, hurt, or moves on.

Does Joe McKnight belong in this list?

my rankings would be exactly like Thrifty Rocker, but I would have McKnight ahead of Felix

Tier 1

1. Mark Ingram

Tier 2

None (Yes None)

Tier 3

2. C.Spiller

3. C.Wells

Tier 4

4. J.Best

5. S.Vereen

6. F.Jones

7. S.Ridley

8. J.Rodgers

Best and Ingram are the only two out of this group that I would have on any of my teams.
8 team league with 12 man rosters?
No smart ###. I go RB RB in my drafts to avoid this issue.
obviously you don't play dynasty leagues, not sure why you even bothered to post in this thread
So in your dynasty league Ingram and Best are still available? :lmao: Besides, I dont see where the OP mentioned anything about dynasty league. :pokey:

WellsSpillerIngramFelixRidleyFidgetsVereen

Wells Spiller Best Jones Ingram Vereen Rodgers Ridley

If we are talking dynasty...

1.) CJ Spiller - Spiller flashed late in the year and could carve out a decent role this season with explosive upside

2.) Wells - Coming off the best year of his career he should get a chance to keep the job... when healthy he can be very solid

3.) Ingram - Maybe I'm just a bit of an Ingram homer but I feel like with an entire offseason he may be able to carve a nice niche in that offense

4.) Quizz Rodgers - Kind of an MJD build and Turner seems to be working on borrowed time

5.) Vereen - Great talent but NE backfield is a mess to count on

6.) Ridley - Same as Vereen... 1 of these 2 may end up being something special in THAT offense but which one?

7.) Felix Jones - He flashes and then gets injured... shelf life of about 3 or 4 games8.) Jahvid Best - I can't count on him being in football... I feel that THIS ranking is a no-brainer on this list
I don't want to get into splitting hairs on opinions but I think felix missed about the same number of games as DeMarco. In a nutshell, I think people are over valuing DeMarco based on a very small sample and, at the end of the day, the ranking on Felix is probably unfair. I really think owners either need to have both or neither of these guys and they will both be productive but it will require some owner knowing when to play each. Although I know felix IS productive in fantasy (especially in PPR), I don't expect him to remain healthy all season just as I don't expect DeMarco to just become the next Ray Rice or whatever as manay think he is just going to come in and be locked in to that job.So, anyway, I think it takes both for that job and that, by default, has to elevate Felix's value some. He can't be the afterthought in this list.

Ridley is being way under-rated. BJGE likely moves on in free agency. Ridley then becomes the #1 guy in NE. I thought he looked really good last season. Very surprising burst.

Best and Ingram are the only two out of this group that I would have on any of my teams.
8 team league with 12 man rosters?
No smart ###. I go RB RB in my drafts to avoid this issue.
obviously you don't play dynasty leagues, not sure why you even bothered to post in this thread
So in your dynasty league Ingram and Best are still available? :lmao: Besides, I dont see where the OP mentioned anything about dynasty league. :pokey:
available if I want to trade for one of them, I'm sure. it's a fairly obvious dynasty related question otherwise who cares where there stock is right now? Redrafts don't draft until August for the most part. The idea behind the thread is that these are guys people like you think aren't worth much, but can have value if things align the right way. If we were talking studs, the thread wouldn't have "cheap RBs" in the title

Dynasty? Or one year?Dynasty, and waiting two or three:SpillerVereenIngramJones/Wells (injuries)RidleyRodgersBest :( (I think he's possibly done. They keep finding encephalopathy in guys that didn't even play much.)
One question. Why isn't Hunter on this list? Or is it assumed he's golden to take over for Gore after 2012 season.......is he above all these other RB's??

LOL, I own own over half the guys on this list.

1. C.J. Spiller - flashed big time upside at the end of the season. Could still have Fred Jackson to deal with next season who is a great RB. He's a little old compared to other RBs with his his experience.

2. Mark Ingram - To early to give up on. LeSean McCoy, Ray Rice, and Darren McFadden all struggled too.

3. Beanie Wells - He had a good first half in 2011 but then he hurt his knee and struggled the second half of the season.

4. Jahvid Best - Concussion issues could lead to a short career.

5. Shane Vereen

6. Steven Ridley

7. Felix Jones - Been in the league for four years and hasn't really been fantasy relevant.

8. Jacquizz Rodgers - 5th round pedigree and only average 3.6 ypc. Maybe he'll end up being a starter someday but I wouldn't bet on it.

1. Ingram - best potential & opportunity2. Spiller - Fred's no spring- chicken and cj proved he can carry the load3. Wells - never been a big fan, and with Ryan behind him - I see this as split duty4. Vereen - everything I've read tells me he's loaded with talent, and he's clearly got an excellent opportunity in front of him5. Best - one of the best talents of this group, just a matter of overcoming the concussions6. Rodgers - not a fan of his size, I think he's going to have a career as a situational player7. Felix - cant stay healthy, and clearly going to be #2 RB in Dallas8. Ridley

Users who are viewing this thread