What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank the WRs going forward (spin-off of RB thread) (1 Viewer)

jumper

Footballguy
Continuing the conversation from the very good "Rank the RBs going forward" thread here.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/737180-rank-the-rbs-going-forward/

Looking to gauge the value of the WR pool for the ROS now in light of injuries and larger sample sizes from 8 weeks of games. Rank sequentially, in tiers, or however you want. Assuming redraft PPR but if you want to do a ranking with different criteria go for it but specify in your post.

Here's my best shot in rough order within the tier

Tier 1: Antonio Brown (assuming Big Ben health).

Tier 2: Julio, OBJ, Nuke Hopkins, Demaryius (assuming TD catch positive regression coming)

Tier 3: Edelman, Mike Evans, A-Rob, AJ Green, Fitz

Tier 4: Megatron (unless traded), Amari Cooper, Cobb, Alshon, etc.

Rising the charts with a bullet: DJax, John Brown

SInking into the abyss: Matthews, Tate

Big health question marks: Dez, Keenan Allen, Marshall

Looks pretty good. I'd move Julio and OBJ up with Brown in tier 1.

And AJ Green up into tier 2. Not sure I'd have Demarius up that high.

Also think Stefon Diggs should be with Cooper, and Alshon. I'd drop Cobb out.

I think Martavis Bryant could end up a tier 4 type too.

Continuing the conversation from the very good "Rank the RBs going forward" thread here.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/737180-rank-the-rbs-going-forward/

Looking to gauge the value of the WR pool for the ROS now in light of injuries and larger sample sizes from 8 weeks of games. Rank sequentially, in tiers, or however you want. Assuming redraft PPR but if you want to do a ranking with different criteria go for it but specify in your post.

Here's my best shot in rough order within the tier

Tier 1: Antonio Brown (assuming Big Ben health).

Tier 2: Julio, OBJ, Nuke Hopkins, Demaryius (assuming TD catch positive regression coming)

Tier 3: Edelman, Mike Evans, A-Rob, AJ Green, Fitz

Tier 4: Megatron (unless traded), Amari Cooper, Cobb, Alshon, etc.

Rising the charts with a bullet: DJax, John Brown

SInking into the abyss: Matthews, Tate

Big health question marks: Dez, Keenan Allen, Marshall
in PPR

Tier 1 - Julio, Hopkins, A Brown, Beckham, AJ Green

Tier 2 - A Jeffery, D Thomas, Edelman, Fitzgerald, Marshall, Cooper

Tier 3 - Megatron, A Robinson, Cobb, Evans, Diggs

There's my top 15 ROS.

For what it's worth, after his bye this week (where hopefully any possible ankle injury is resolved), Calvin Johnson will be against the #17, 30, 19, 17, 10, 28 and 27 ranked pass defenses (in order, notice the two very nice matchups week 15 and 16). 6 of those 7 games are in a dome.

Where do you guys put Dez assuming Romo is back in 3 weeks? Thinking now may be the time to try and acquire him

Yes, the Colts are struggling but omitting TY Hilton is a mistake.
Hilton would be in my 3rd tier....number 16. He can explode, but he has too many off weeks because the Colts have a lot of mouths to feed. And I would expect another subpar outing next week playing Denver.

I'm in a TE plays like a WR league, [TE] in brackets

1. Julio 2. A brown, 3 OBII 4 Hopkins 5 AJ Green [GRONK] 6 Edelman 7 L Fitz 8 Jeffrey 9 D Thomas 10 A Rob 11 John brown 12 Diggs 13 Dez 14 Cooper 15 Calvin 16 Evans 17 Martavis Bryant 18 B Marshall 19 James Jones 20 ESanders 21 TY Hilton 22 JLandry 23 Hurns 24 Decker [EIFERT] 25 Crabtree 26 Travis Benjamin 27 Maclin [OLSEN] 28 M Floyd 29 Cooks 30 Sneed 31 VJax (health?) 32 Dejax 33 Jordan Mathews 34 Stevie Johnson [KELCE] [bARNAGE]

Going non ppr. These are ranks of the level of advantage they provide over a midlevel WR. Ideally, a championship team will have at least one tier 1 player combined with 1 tier 2/3 player or two tier 2 players.

Tier 1 (large advantage)

Julio, Hopkins, ODB, Brown, Edelman, (*Gronk)

Tier 2 (medium advantage)

Alshon, AR15, Marshall, AJG, Fitz, Demaryius

Tier 3 (small advantage)

Diggs, MBryant, Sanders, James Jones, JBrown, Cooper, Hurns

*I added Gronk because he scores like a tier 1 WR. As a matter of fact, in standard: Julio, Hopkins, Fitz and ODB are the only WRs with more fantasy points than Gronk. They have all played 1 more game than him.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is much more difficult than the running backs right now after the top tier guys.

PPR:

Brown

Jones

Beckham

Hopkins

Green

Jeffery

AR15

Edelman

Calvin Johnson

Evans

Cooper

Marshall

Fitzgerald

DT

Emmanuel Sanders

Cobb

Diggs

Could probably add several more to my last tier. I think those are about the same rest of season.

Users who are viewing this thread