What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question To Staff About IDP Projections (1 Viewer)

Rushmore

Footballguy
Is it possible to get second opinion on projections like the offensive projections. I love Norton's insight, but it's always cool to get other opinions too. I'd love to see Bramel's projections each week as an option. Thanks again to FBG's for a great resource for us IDPers. Just throwing out something that I think many like myself would like to see. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure the budget supports a second set of IDP projections each week, but I don't get to make those decisions. :popcorn:

Projections are a significant time outlay to do properly and I think Norton's are the best in the business top to bottom. There are a couple of outliers each week I'll disagree with, but I'm generally wrong as or more often than I'm right. Most of the time, since we've been working from each other's playbook for almost 15 years, we're on the same page anyway. Norton's stat databases and hunches drive his very good data and I'd guess I'd likely generate numbers from a similar process.

Right now, I'm more likely to add offensive rankings and commentary to my weekly plate (hopefully for 2010) than I am defensive projections unless the bosses ask otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure the budget supports a second set of IDP projections each week, but I don't get to make those decisions. :cry:Projections are a significant time outlay to do properly and I think Norton's are the best in the business top to bottom. There are a couple of outliers each week I'll disagree with, but I'm generally wrong as or more often than I'm right. Most of the time, since we've been working from each other's playbook for almost 15 years, we're on the same page anyway. Norton's stat databases and hunches drive his very good data and I'd guess I'd likely generate numbers from a similar process.Right now, I'm more likely to add offensive rankings and commentary to my weekly plate (hopefully for 2010) than I am defensive projections unless the bosses ask otherwise.
Thanks for the reply Jene. I was about to delete the topic lol. I would love to get to see your projections, but I understand there are always certain limitations, but I think it would add a ton to the IDP content on this site. And again, no disrespect to the great work John does here.

Right now, I'm more likely to add offensive rankings and commentary to my weekly plate (hopefully for 2010) than I am defensive projections unless the bosses ask otherwise.
Hopefully the bosses ask otherwise. I think the offensive side of the ball is covered just fine.

trader jake said:
Hopefully the bosses ask otherwise. I think the offensive side of the ball is covered just fine.
:clap:I've been thinking about bringing an RTD-like analysis (stats, metrics, trend analysis) to the offensive side of the ball. Hearing a lot of interest in seeing what might be behind the upgrades/emerging talent/changes in offensive projection type analysis this season.I've got some ideas on how to work that into a weekly column and that might be interesting to tackle next year.I'm not sure there'll be much there if I'm the second look projections, unfortunately. John and I have some certain differences based on our own biases in our preseason thoughts and rankings/projections, but it's pretty rare that I differ inseason.We've again got all sorts of things to discuss in our offseason summit meetings, and I'll add everyone's thoughts on this to the agenda.

Users who are viewing this thread