What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Trevor Lawrence, JAX (2 Viewers)

Pennington was a bust? Jets went to the playoffs every single season he was healthy.  He won more games than he lost. Ok, you're just trolling now. Good luck.
Fair enough, so 3 qb's in 11 years. 

Trevor needs to be smart here

Last edited by a moderator:
So what does this mean for him? I know the big 10 they have to sit 21 days, but thought I heard each conference has different rules. Is that correct? Or is it the same through all the conferences?

The ACC only mandates they sit for 10 days from the onset of symptoms. I see no way he misses the ND game. They'll "figure something out." Dabo will lay hands and proclaim him healed.  

I feel way better about him going to Jacksonville than I do New York.

There is no amount the Jags should accept to move out of the #1 pick.
Good starting point. Jax is really a college football town, they host the GA/FL game typically I think, was billed as the largest outdoor cocktail party or something like that. It would be a good home for Trevor as they would go bonkers for him and there is already a huge built in fan base from the ACC/SEC Champ that Clemson and Alabama always seem to be tangled up in. There are many reasons why he will be a lot better off in JAX but let's not forget that the Jags went to an AFCC not long ago and then could not sustain the momentum... I question where this franchise has gone from when they started and went thru the early 2000s with Brunell up thru now. I think Khan is a good owner in general and wants to win, wants to do whatever he can to make the brand better, but they need better peeps in that FO from top to bottom IMHO and new coaches etc...it's gotta be a quick turnaround because you only get a 3 year window to run it with a rookie QB like Trevor so you can't do a slowwwwwww rebuild over 4-5 years, it's gotta be FAST. 

I feel way better about him going to Jacksonville than I do New York.

There is no amount the Jags should accept to move out of the #1 pick.
I don't.

/Titans fan

Seriously, how do the top, most elite QB prospects always end up getting drafted in our division?  Obviously other divisions have great QBs. But as a prospect, it didn't get better than Luck, Peyton, Elway*, and now Trev.

I don't.

/Titans fan

Seriously, how do the top, most elite QB prospects always end up getting drafted in our division?  Obviously other divisions have great QBs. But as a prospect, it didn't get better than Luck, Peyton, Elway*, and now Trev.
Yeah, I feel really sorry for you guys.  It's too bad your franchise didn't get to play in the wide-open AFC East.

2001: New England Patriots

2002: New York Jets

2003: New England Patriots

2004: New England Patriots

2005: New England Patriots

2006: New England Patriots

2007: New England Patriots

2008:  Miami Dolphins

2009: New England Patriots

2010: New England Patriots

2011: New England Patriots

2012: New England Patriots

2013: New England Patriots

20014: New England Patriots

20015: New England Patriots

2016: New England Patriots

2017: New England Patriots

2018: New England Patriots

2019: New England Patriots

2020: Buffalo Bills

Yeah, I feel really sorry for you guys.  It's too bad your franchise didn't get to play in the wide-open AFC East.

2001: New England Patriots

2002: New York Jets

2003: New England Patriots

2004: New England Patriots

2005: New England Patriots

2006: New England Patriots

2007: New England Patriots

2008:  Miami Dolphins

2009: New England Patriots

2010: New England Patriots

2011: New England Patriots

2012: New England Patriots

2013: New England Patriots

20014: New England Patriots

20015: New England Patriots

2016: New England Patriots

2017: New England Patriots

2018: New England Patriots

2019: New England Patriots

2020: Buffalo Bills
:lol:  it's not our fault the other teams in the east suck. ;)

I'm not really complaining. The coincidence is just amusing. Indy didn't really capitalize on Luck. 

Clemson junior QB Trevor Lawrence completed 33-of-48 passes for 400 yards with two touchdowns and an interception and ran for a score in a 49-28 loss to Ohio State on Friday in the Sugar Bowl. 

It's a disappointing end for Lawrence in what is almost assuredly the last college football game he'll play in. The 6-foot-6, 220-pound quarterback's interception was a desperation pass that deflected off a Clemson wideout, but he also lost a fumble, and he missed on throws he didn't against Notre Dame -- or anyone else, really, outside of last year's championship game against LSU. Lawrence also made several NFL throws, and while it was far from his best effort, there were more than a few examples that suggested the NFL future is very bright. If he is wearing anything but a Jaguar uniform next year, something weird happened. 

Jan 1, 2021, 11:59 PM ET

That the Jets didn't have James Morgan starting is a testament to an absence of leadership at the top of the franchise. The Johnsons deserve the mediocre QB or top OL they'll be getting in the draft.
At the end of the day I think it is the Coach's decision who the starting QB is.  Sure they could have said "Gase you're fired if you don't start Morgan", but I'm sure he wouldn't have listened as he is out the door anyways.  Gase has zero reason to want to lose that game, he did his job and the right thing by trying to win it.  Ownership also probably didn't think they were going to beat the Rams no matter who was at QB.  Sometimes things not going a desired way isn't always "someone was at fault".... no one was "at fault" for the Jets winning that game, they did what they were supposed to.

As for the "mediocre QB" comment, I disagree that Fields is only mediocre. 

College Football Playoff: Five takeaways from Justin Fields vs. Trevor Lawrence

Excerpt:

4) Lawrence is still a special player with a rare combination of size, athletic ability and arm talent. He was not at his best against Ohio State, but I don't think it was the type of performance (33 of 48 for 400 yards with 2 TDs and an INT) that will jeopardize his standing with NFL evaluators. Keep in mind that there is no perfect prospect, and Friday marked just the second loss of his college career.

Lawrence came out hot. He won the foot race against Ohio State linebacker Baron Browning to the pylon on a zone read for the first score of the game, capping off an eight-play, 82-yard drive. Clemson couldn't find much of a rhythm after that, though.

5) Lawrence got away with some poor throws and was under pressure a lot as the Tigers fell behind, fumbling three times in the second half (lost one). That's something he's going to have to clean up. He's a little bit long with his delivery, and he's not often under the type of heat he faced Friday night. But he's going to see pressure at the next level because, chances are, he won't be playing for a very good team as a rookie whenever he moves on to the NFL. He's going to have to function more efficiently in that type of environment.

Daniel Jeremiah's top 50: 2021 NFL Draft prospect rankings 1.0

Excerpt:

1) Trevor Lawrence, QB

School: Clemson | Year: Junior

Lawrence is a tall, long and athletic quarterback. He has a long delivery, but he still gets the ball out quickly and it explodes out of his hand. The Clemson offense features a lot of quick screens and quick hitters. He showed excellent touch and placement on those throws. He can really drive the ball down the field when called upon and he also has the ability to layer the ball (over linebackers/under safeties) in the middle of the field. His overall accuracy is excellent at all three levels. He does need to improve his pocket awareness. He doesn't always feel back-side pressure and needs to speed up his clock versus front-side pressure. Outside of his final game with the Tigers (College Football Playoff semifinal loss to Ohio State), I was impressed with his decision-making. He is a dangerous runner because of his build-up speed and toughness. Overall, Lawrence is ready to start right away and he has the tools to ultimately emerge as a top-five player at his position.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence will undergo shoulder surgery ahead of the NFL Draft.

Rather than participating in Clemson's Pro Day ahead of the draft, Lawrence will instead throw for NFL scouts on February 12 and immediately undergo left labrum repair (to his non-throwing side) afterward. Doctors are reportedly confident the extra recovery time will have him 100% healthy by the time training camp begins. The unanimous projected No. 1 overall pick to the Jaguars in April, it's still possible the team chooses to ease Lawrence in to ensure he's available at full strength for Week 1.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Feb 5, 2021, 3:58 PM ET

What don’t you like?

I dont have any dislikes about him. I do find the kid incredibly hard to look at but that's a me thing.

What I mean is that it seems to be a forgone conclusion that he is a once in a generation talent and I just dont see anything that he does as exceptional. Admittedly its hard for me to evaluate him because hes surrounded by talent so it looks easy in every game. 

Again, I don't dislike him, he might be great. I just dont know if hes as good as the hype.

I dont have any dislikes about him. I do find the kid incredibly hard to look at but that's a me thing.

What I mean is that it seems to be a forgone conclusion that he is a once in a generation talent and I just dont see anything that he does as exceptional. Admittedly its hard for me to evaluate him because hes surrounded by talent so it looks easy in every game. 

Again, I don't dislike him, he might be great. I just dont know if hes as good as the hype.
I want to say I agree, but I watched that Ohio State game where he was supposedly mediocre. Kid saw every different look they could throw at him and dealt with it, though it wasn't enough. He's got arm strength for miles. He made some really impressive throws -- like flat-footed fifteen yard outs against blitz pressure where he picked up the blitz and knew when the ball had to be out. I was really disappointed watching it (Jets fan).

I agree and think I would like him more if he wasn’t touted as a generational talent (as I tend to raise the skeptical bar when I hear that). He does possess the tools for today’s game though (big arm, extends plays, threat to run...etc). It will be an interesting marriage with Urban, excited to see how it turns out. 

He's an alien. Just bizarre. Like a character from the Shrek movies. 
Yeah, it's not just you. I have a tough time looking at the kid, too. But I got used to it, I guess. I think his hair really doesn't match his face very well, a face which is incredibly angular. I also think prothaganous jaw would be a good descriptor of his.

CFB NEWS OF THE WEEK: 2/12/21

Excerpt:

Trevor Lawrence dazzles at Pro Day

A Pro Day is not going to be what sets Trevor Lawrence over the top. Lawrence is the most heralded prospect at his position since at least Andrew Luck back in 2012. The arm talent, production, pedigree, poise -- the list goes on, Lawrence is as impressive as a QB prospect can get. 

Mike Renner @PFF_Mike

Trevor Lawrence ended his pro day with a darn near 70 yard seed

https://twitter.com/pff_mike/status/1360252071384072195?s=21

It's still nice to see Lawrence crush his Pro Day, though. Whether it was simple five-step-drop throws to dig routes and posts or the trickier "scramble" drill throws, Lawrence was nailing every throw on air and showing off his absolute bazooka of a right arm. With basically every NFL team in attendance, the league got their most recent look at what should be one of the best QBs in the NFL sooner rather than later. 

If a Pro Day is merely an event designed for a QB to not mess up, Lawrence certainly passed the test. Though he did measure in a tad skinny at 6-foot-5 and 213 pounds, Lawrence looked every bit as talented and capable as we all already believe him to be. 

Trevor Lawrence will need 4-5 months of recovery time after left shoulder surgery. 

The presumed No. 1 pick in this spring's NFL draft said "I think I can throw in 6-8 weeks after the surgery, start throwing again. And then looking at a 4-5 month full clearance." That would mean Lawrence should be ready to practice without limitations some time in July. Lawrence on Friday threw for NFL scouts ahead of Clemson's pro day -- a decision that will allow Lawrence to undergo surgery as soon as possible. Unsurprisingly, Lawrence impressed during Friday's throwing session. His non-throwing shoulder issue likely won't deter the Jaguars from using the No. 1 pick on Lawrence. 

RELATED: 

Jacksonville Jaguars

SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter 

Feb 12, 2021, 11:09 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread