What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Taysom Hill, NO (1 Viewer)

Saints upgraded Taysom Hill (knee) to a full participant on Thursday.

Whatever concerns the Saints had over Hill’s knee appear to be minor at best. Wednesday marked the first time Hill was on the injury report this season, and he was back practicing in full after just one limited session. Hill has a chance to earn work both on the ground and through the air with Jamaal Williams (hamstring) sidelined for the foreseeable future. As a result, those who can start Hill as a tight end could benefit from a potentially high-volume day.

Everything lined up this past week for a Hill week. Now with Kamara back it's back to the wire buddy.
Which if you read my Cycle of Taysom Hill analysis a few pages back… is when he explodes for 3 TDs (one passing, one rushing, and one receiving that he threw to himself) after your buddy picks him up 5 minutes before kickoff and starts him against you.

TE10 on the year in my .5 PPR scoring format.

Yet he’s still consistently on the wire.

It’s funny how nobody trusts this guy, even if he’s starting to feel more consistent. I don’t trust him!

His projections in yahoo are usually in the 2-3 range, yet he’s put up 9, 15, 22 points the last 3 weeks.

It’s funny how nobody trusts this guy, even if he’s starting to feel more consistent. I don’t trust him!

His projections in yahoo are usually in the 2-3 range, yet he’s put up 9, 15, 22 points the last 3 weeks.

Yeah I'm thinking, this point in the season, if you're trolling the waiver wire for a TE, what are you getting really? A guy projected for 5 points, you're not surprised if he only scores you 3, and you accept he might score a 0 but you're just hoping for a random chance at a touchdown. If that's your threshold, why not just go with Taysom? He's got that floor but so much more space above in his ceiling.

Yeah I'm thinking, this point in the season, if you're trolling the waiver wire for a TE, what are you getting really? A guy projected for 5 points, you're not surprised if he only scores you 3, and you accept he might score a 0 but you're just hoping for a random chance at a touchdown. If that's your threshold, why not just go with Taysom? He's got that floor but so much more space above in his ceiling.
The incredibly crazy scenario where something happens to Carr AND Jameis is enticing as well.

His productivity seems very volatile. I would like to see a little more consistency before I start him on a regular basis.

His productivity seems very volatile. I would like to see a little more consistency before I start him on a regular basis.
He's the perfect Best Ball TE. You never know when its coming, but he seems to have at least 5-6 really big games every year. I just bought him and Engram today in one of my PPR SF Dynasty Best Ball Leagues for a 2nd next year. Feel like between him and Engram they are easy worth it.

He's the perfect Best Ball TE. You never know when its coming, but he seems to have at least 5-6 really big games every year
Yes. But even in basic redraft you are still getting a high ceiling at a discount price. Good for those that don't want to spend an early pick on someone like Kelce but instead invest that high pick on a WR or RB.

If only he was a TE still in the FFPC like I drafted him all offseason like how I kept him through the 14 position player cutdown in the dynasty leagues.

These past few weeks sure make him feel like a league winning WW pickup. in dynasty anyway

Hope this continues.

He'll even be my QB bye week fill in with Cousins going down.

Taysom Hill (foot/hand) did not practice Wednesday.
Hill is coming off a season-high in carries. He rushed 13 times for 59 yards and a score in Week 13. Head coach Dennis Alen said the team will monitor Hill throughout the week. If Hill were to miss time, more goal line opportunities would be open for the pass-catchers and Alvin Kamara. As Hill doesn’t play a traditional tight end role, his absence wouldn’t change much for Juwan Johnson.

Taysom Hill (foot/hand) did not practice Wednesday.
Hill is coming off a season-high in carries. He rushed 13 times for 59 yards and a score in Week 13. Head coach Dennis Alen said the team will monitor Hill throughout the week. If Hill were to miss time, more goal line opportunities would be open for the pass-catchers and Alvin Kamara. As Hill doesn’t play a traditional tight end role, his absence wouldn’t change much for Juwan Johnson.
He was on the injury report last month and played , im sure hes good, just rest it

anybody heard anything?
No practice and game time decision, so should hear tomorrow before kick.

Even if he plays, it’s a pretty physical role he plays in that offense (not that all nfl positions aren’t physical).

I would just be nervous that his touches are dialed back a bit. So I’m looking at other options.

anybody heard anything?
No practice and game time decision, so should hear tomorrow before kick.

Even if he plays, it’s a pretty physical role he plays in that offense (not that all nfl positions aren’t physical).

I would just be nervous that his touches are dialed back a bit. So I’m looking at other options.
Yea, I agree. Even if he’s active it’s risky this week - his volume is sketchy even when healthy.

Leaning Njoku or Brevin Jordan instead.

Users who are viewing this thread