What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Taysom Hill, NO (1 Viewer)

Going Hill as my QB2 in superflex over Tua, I think it is the right move. My worst fear is a bad night to start the week on Thursday, but the day of the game should never determine who you start.

Going Hill as my QB2 in superflex over Tua, I think it is the right move. My worst fear is a bad night to start the week on Thursday, but the day of the game should never determine who you start.
I’m going the opposite. Was planning on Hill but just took him out for Tua. Kamara being out worries me as well as unsure if he is fully healthy. I really prefer to see him perform well so I can have confidence starting him next week. 

skinsrule05 said:
I’m going the opposite. Was planning on Hill but just took him out for Tua. Kamara being out worries me as well as unsure if he is fully healthy. I really prefer to see him perform well so I can have confidence starting him next week. 
I similarly pulled him last minute for Russ. The injuries scared me, and I realized I couldn’t just assume he’d pick up where he left off last year. I need to see it once before I can pull the trigger. But like you I would love to have him as a QB1 for the stretch run

He's fun to watch. Reminds me of a better throwing Tebow. But this Saints offense is one of the least talented in the league and the line without the tackles stinks. 

Taysom Hill completed 19-of-41 passes for 264 yards with two touchdowns and four interceptions in the Saints' Week 13 loss to Dallas.

Hill was the Saints' featured back with Mark Ingram coming off injury, going for 101 yards on 11 carries, making him the third quarterback this season to run for over 100 yards. When forced to throw, his limitations as a passer were exposed, with one of his interceptions a pick-six thrown directly to a Cowboys' defensive lineman. Hill found a wide open Lil’Jordan Humphrey for a 24-yard touchdown and later hit a 70-yarder on a slant where Deonte Harris broke multiple tackles and outran the entire defense. Hill completed 72% of his passes in four starts last year, but he looked like a receiver playing quarterback this week. Hill's rushing floor and a matchup with the Jets will keep him as a back-end QB1 if he remains the starter in Week 14.

Dec 2, 2021, 11:52 PM ET

With his injuries, he's barely played in quite a long time. Against a top defense with a shorthanded offensive line and no Kamara, I'm not sure I would judge him for real life purposes off this one start. I think this is about the worst you could see from him.

With a couple bounces the Saints' way, notably the pass off Stills' hands near the goal line that was intercepted, the Saints might not have been playing from behind all night.

Interesting match up next week vs the Jets, who have an atrocious run D. But if Kamara is back, can they both produce? I think probably yes

Wow:

”Most fantasy points by a QB with under 50% completion rate and 4+ picks:

1. Kyle Mackey (1987) - 26.62
2. Taysom Hill (2021) - 24.66
3. George Blanda (1962) - 23.20
4. Jay Schroeder (1988) - 20.36
5. Jim Ninowski (1960) - 20.18

He's just from another time.”

Interesting match up next week vs the Jets, who have an atrocious run D. But if Kamara is back, can they both produce? I think probably yes

I think Hill would function a lot better with the ability to hit Kamara with easy, short passes. Better in real life and would be a fantasy boost as well to keep drives alive.

With his injuries, he's barely played in quite a long time. Against a top defense with a shorthanded offensive line and no Kamara, I'm not sure I would judge him for real life purposes off this one start. I think this is about the worst you could see from him.

With a couple bounces the Saints' way, notably the pass off Stills' hands near the goal line that was intercepted, the Saints might not have been playing from behind all night.
There's always a lot of knee-jerk reactions here, and this is a good take.  That team is all 2nd/3rd string on offense, he's got a splint on his throwing hand, four or five drops, Peyton keeps calling passes despite the run game being the only thing working...

Yeah he threw a lot of balls he shouldn't have.   One right to a lineman.   And his arm strength is crappy.  And his instincts in the pocket suck.  And he shouldn't be playing qb really.

But he ain't that bad.

skinsrule05 said:
It was a roller coaster ride but I think I made the right decision. 21 points, Tua has a decent floor but doubt he gets 21+. The -8 for 4 interceptions was frustrating but the Jets are up next week, he will be a QB1.

Wow:

”Most fantasy points by a QB with under 50% completion rate and 4+ picks:

1. Kyle Mackey (1987) - 26.62
2. Taysom Hill (2021) - 24.66
3. George Blanda (1962) - 23.20
4. Jay Schroeder (1988) - 20.36
5. Jim Ninowski (1960) - 20.18

He's just from another time.”

The waiver wire  add of the year! Went undrafted in most leagues, none of the guppies saw it coming. But @Joe Bryant tipped off the Sharks that trade for the Browns backup was actually pretty significant. Tremendous camp, beat out Earl Morrall for the starting job. Ended up 6th in the league in passing yards per game at 140 (no fancy ### decibels back then.)

IIRC that was year the Footballguys switched from carbon paper to a mimeograph machine. Loved the smell of those things.

Nino had 242 yards passing and ran for 3 scores in that Week 6 loss. Of course, 5 interceptions, including a pick six, was maddening. Season high in yardage and first downs, but lost the turnover battle 8-1.

I blame the cheap ownership. Sure, it’s great having your own team plane, but is it t really an advantage to use a 20 year old DC 3? Kind of rough missing a day of practice to take a 12 hour flight (with 6 stops for refueling) out to L.A.

But fear not, the Lions told their faithful fans. After a 1-4 start, Detroit won 6 of their last 7 in the regular season. Won the first of 3 straight Playoff Bowls (runner up game for 3rd place in Miami the Sunday following the Orange Bowl, played the week after the NFL Title Game.)

1960 was the year the Ford family took a minority ownership stake. Three years later on the morning of the JFK assassination, they bought out the other owners. With that kind of wealth behind a team dominating Third Place,  a return to the glory years of the 1950s was just around the corner.

His first game back and he throws up 24 against a strong defense. No way am I throwing him back to waivers. 
I probably should have started him over Cousins.  Hill is not really a QB for the NFL but he should be a QB1 in FF.  This rushing yards are significant and the Saints don’t have much choice but to run Hill.   If his finger heals and he gets back some of the o line and Kamara, I will have the confidence to start him moving forward.   It may be best not to watch though.   It’s not pretty.   

That was an ugly 20-24 point game from Hill.  Owners were saved by 2 long runs, a miscommunication that led to an easy TD, and a 70 yd garbage time TD when the Cowboys were sloppy with tackling.  Hill's decision making was terrible, and I wonder if the finger will continue to be an issue.

He is fun to watch when he's scrambling and running the ball.  It does feel like he can get 50+ yards rushing every week. 

he had 4 int's and could've had 7.  I picked him up as a backup for the playoffs but I don't know that I could start him.  Dude is a disaster.  why on earth did NO give pay him that kind of money?  sure he can run but he can't play QB.  

Not many third string QBs with their own thread. 😄

Being a little harsh on Taysom, no? He played to what is is last night IMO... a great runner... great gadget guy to bring in under specific situations... that's it.

He's not an NFL starting-caliper QB. Starter is injured, the back-up is awful, so they played the emergency guy for whatever reason. On top of his limitations, he couldn't bend a finger on his throwing hand. This says more about Simien than Taysom Hill IMO.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Taysom Hill will try to play through his finger injury. 

Hill is dealing with a mallet finger injury, the same injury which cost Russell Wilson several games earlier this season. It reportedly is not as severe, however, and will not require surgery. Whether Hill will be able to play through it is another question. Considering his fantasy value falls much more with his rushing than passing ability, Hill should continue to put up fantasy points even while limited as a thrower, but the risk for an in-game setback will be high. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 3, 2021, 3:20 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread