What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Mike Glennon, NYG (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Pewter Report says the Bucs would have to receive at least a fourth-round pick to even consider trading QB Mike Glennon.

The Bucs are gearing up to draft a quarterback, either Marcus Mariota or Jameis Winston. Glennon's sophomore campaign yielded mixed results; his QB rating stayed about the same but his completion rate fell under 58 percent. According to beat writer Scott Reynolds, Tampa Bay would be "ecstatic" to receive a second-round pick for Glennon, but would probably settle for a third- or fourth-rounder. The Browns, Bills, Jets, Texans, Rams, Bears, Redskins and Titans are all in the market for a quarterback.

Source: Pewter Report
Feb 9 - 10:31 AM

Rotoworld:

Coach Lovie Smith and GM Jason Licht threw support behind Mike Glennon at the NFL Combine on Wednesday.
"We like Mike Glennon," Licht said. "We want him to be a part of our future. We like Mike Glennon a lot." The Bucs are doing everything they can to drive up Glennon's trade value. "Mike Glennon can be a quarterback that plays at a high level in the league," added Smith. Besides something named "Seth Lobato," Glennon's the only quarterback on Tampa's roster at the moment. Despite talking up Glennon, Licht and Smith weren't afraid to discuss both Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota on Wednesday. The Bucs are a near-lock to take a quarterback at No. 1.

Source: NFL Around the League
Feb 18 - 11:33 AM
Lovie Smith says Mike Glennon can be franchise QB

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Caplan reports that the "feeling in league circles" is that the Bucs could fetch as much as a third-round pick for Mike Glennon.
A third-round pick would be fair for a player with 18 career starts, even if Glennon has proven to be a backup-worthy talent. The state of the quarterback position is fairly dire across the league, and Glennon would provide competence if nothing else. The Bucs have methodically tried to increase Glennon's trade value at every turn, talking him up whenever there's a microphone around.

Related: Buccaneers

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter
Feb 24 - 6:15 PM

If the Bucs could get a 3rd for Glennon, that would certainly salvage the situation there, but I'll believe it when I see it. Everyone and their dog knows that Glennon is on the market and it will take a bidding war to make that happen.

Rotoworld:

Coach Lovie Smith and GM Jason Licht threw support behind Mike Glennon at the NFL Combine on Wednesday.
"We like Mike Glennon," Licht said. "We want him to be a part of our future. We like Mike Glennon a lot." The Bucs are doing everything they can to drive up Glennon's trade value. "Mike Glennon can be a quarterback that plays at a high level in the league," added Smith. Besides something named "Seth Lobato," Glennon's the only quarterback on Tampa's roster at the moment. Despite talking up Glennon, Licht and Smith weren't afraid to discuss both Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota on Wednesday. The Bucs are a near-lock to take a quarterback at No. 1.

Source: NFL Around the League
Feb 18 - 11:33 AM
Lovie Smith says Mike Glennon can be franchise QB
LOL! Translation: "He sucks. We want Winston. If we can't get at least a 3rd round pick for him, we'll let him wither on our bench."

These guys are always good for a laugh around the draft.

I wouldn't let him go for anything short of a 3rd. I believe his value would be about a 4th, but the demand for QBs is presently inflated due to the lack of them.

I like the idea of having a decent backup to Jameis Winston while the O-line is in shambles. There is a very good chance the QB who starts the season won't finish it.

Quez said:
I wouldn't let him go for anything short of a 3rd. I believe his value would be about a 4th, but the demand for QBs is presently inflated due to the lack of them.

I like the idea of having a decent backup to Jameis Winston while the O-line is in shambles. There is a very good chance the QB who starts the season won't finish it.
The Bucs are going to draft a QB with the first pick making Glennon expendable and other teams know this.

Demand is high for quarterbacks who have the potential to be franchise QBs but look at teams who have traded for veteran quarterbacks and note how many teams trade for guys who are not viewed as potential franchise QBs? Its not high for guys like Mike Glennon and his team says they don't think he's a franchise QB if they take a rookie over him.

Glennon is not seen as a franchise QB and more of a bridge guy who doesn't fit every offensive system. Teams want the potential of a franchise QB so they would rather take a shot at a Brett Hundley in the 2nd round or a Bryce Petty in the 3rd or 4th because their upside. Glennon doesn't have that upside, he's not going to fetch a 3rd round pick IMHO. I don't even know if he's worth a 4th round pick.

I'd take Glennon over Hundley and Petty all day. The shinny new toy isn't always better than the older one with less luster. I know Glennon can at least play QB in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised at all if those guys never can.

The Bucs had 6 or 7 suitors for Glennon last offseason. I don't know what "people know they are going to trade him" even means. Seems like that would mean you would have to present a better offer since there are so many teams involved.

Also, they don't HAVE to trade him. He's not expensive and won't create a controversy. Great backup to have really.

If they have 6 or 7 teams come after him and it creates a bidding war, then, yeah, I admitted that could help them get a decent return on trading him. All depends on how many teams make an offer.

I'd be really, really surprised if the Bucs kept him on the roster. If they draft a QB with the #1 pick, no way they keep a former future face of the franchise around. Could it happen? Sure. But I'd be very surprised if it did.

I don't think you are going to pick up a better backup than him in the draft.

If McCown remains unsigned I would take him again. There are probably a few other FA or potential FA that could be on par with him. A 3rd or 4th rounder could be a starter at another position.

There is, unbelievably, a bidding war for McCown going on now. He is definitely not coming back here.

Which should tell you that there will be a demand for Glennon.

I would expect a vet like McCown to be making the rounds, but I doubt anyone inks him before the draft.

The Bucs are in a great spot with Glennon. If he's in high demand trade him. If not, keep him as a backup option on a cheap contract. Even if other teams know he's available the Bucs still have all the leverage.

I see Buffalo is closing in on deal for McCown. Now that I think about it, McCown top priority last season was tk go where he could have a chance to start. It would make sense to get with a team asap.

Rotoworld:

Teams have shown interest in trading for Buccaneers QB Mike Glennon.

Tampa Bay is a virtual lock to draft Jameis Winston with the No. 1 pick, making Glennon expendable. The Browns, Redskins, Jets and Bills are a few quarterback-needy teams that could be interested. Glennon would likely fetch a mid-round pick, so there is incentive for Tampa to get a deal done before the draft.

Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter
Mar 25 - 11:23 AM

I'd rather they wait until after the draft unless they can get a 3rd for him. If they don't get what they're looking for then he's a cheap and experienced backup. His value should be higher when the teams targeting QB's eventually miss out on drafting them.

I'd rather they wait until after the draft unless they can get a 3rd for him. If they don't get what they're looking for then he's a cheap and experienced backup. His value should be higher when the teams targeting QB's eventually miss out on drafting them.
I'd be fine with the Titans giving a 3rd for him.

I don't see much incentive for TB to trade him unless they get a great offer. Assuming they draft Winston it would be helpful to have somewhere who you know can play in case Winston needs some time. Plus, it's always nice to have a decent backup for injury or whatever. Glennon is cheap and can play.

What's a great offer? If the Titans pass on QB in the first/second and gave up their early third for him I think TB would be all over it.

What's a great offer? If the Titans pass on QB in the first/second and gave up their early third for him I think TB would be all over it.
I would think 2nd is a great offer. Early 3rd is good. I'd love to see him moved as a dynasty owner. I just don't see the incentive in it for TB unless it's a great offer. Having a decent back up QB is a nice commodity and he's cheap.

I don't see any QB playing 16 behind this crappy line. Glennon could end up starting more games than Winston unless they find 2 decent starters.

More talk of Glennon being moved. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000481652/article/lovie-smith-teams-calling-bucs-about-mike-glennon

If you're Arz, you have to be calling right? I mean that team is literally adequate QB play away from a potential Super Bowl run.
How's Palmer looking? Or do you mean as the 2? He'd certainly be better than the others.
I don't know how Palmer is but can Arz really afford or rely on him at this point?

Rotoworld:

ESPN Bucs reporter Pat Yasinskas believes if QB Mike Glennon is traded, it will not be until after the draft.
"The Bucs won't let him go until they have a new quarterback in place," Yasinskas said. "But I do think Glennon is available for any team that wants him." Considering the Bucs should have a quarterback in place after they select Jameis Winston with the No. 1 overall pick, trading Glennon during the draft is still a real possibility. Glennon could fetch a mid-round pick.

Related: Jameis Winston

Source: ESPN.com
Apr 4 - 1:08 PM

If he's available for a later pick, as so many suggest, then I'd totally trade that pick for him.

Short of some draft day gem, he's better than any QB picked late

Rotoworld:

ESPN Bucs reporter Pat Yasinskas believes if QB Mike Glennon is traded, it will not be until after the draft.
"The Bucs won't let him go until they have a new quarterback in place," Yasinskas said. "But I do think Glennon is available for any team that wants him." Considering the Bucs should have a quarterback in place after they select Jameis Winston with the No. 1 overall pick, trading Glennon during the draft is still a real possibility. Glennon could fetch a mid-round pick.

I never like this thinking.

Once teams have addressed their needs, then they'll try and get something for him? Do it when teams have needs and fill one of your own, not after

Rotoworld:

Once teams have addressed their needs, then they'll try and get something for him? Do it when teams have needs and fill one of your own, not after
They only have to wait until after the 1st pick to trade him.

Rotoworld:

I never like this thinking.Once teams have addressed their needs, then they'll try and get something for him? Do it when teams have needs and fill one of your own, not after
They only have to wait until after the 1st pick to trade him.
Sure, but won't they still need a backup?

At this point, there's no smoke to this fire, I doubt he gets out of Tampa this yr
I'm hoping he does, he can be a decent starter imo. But it just doesn't make sense imo for the Bucs to trade him without a veteran qb to fill his spot.

Winston would presumably start but do you really have confidence with him, plus the value of a competent backup qb can't be ignored.

Rotoworld:

Some of the teams who need QBs are going to miss out on them in the draft. If the Bucs are holding out for a second rounder or early third like they should be this year then teams may be more willing to give up that second after the draft.

Rotoworld:

Some of the teams who need QBs are going to miss out on them in the draft. If the Bucs are holding out for a second rounder or early third like they should be this year then teams may be more willing to give up that second after the draft.
If so then it's a fair point of view. I'm not sure they pull that off and I wouldn't want the rook around a guy "everyone" says is going to be traded. They usually treat em like a shiny new penny then. For a second, it'd be worth it

Users who are viewing this thread