What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Justin Fields, PIT (1 Viewer)

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

We still saying Fields can’t throw?
Yup. He has a large enough sample to know what he is. He isn't a good IRL QB.

You could do worse in fantasy. The problem is he might not have a job sooner rather than later. Everyone is getting caught up in the great numbers vs. a terrible defense. Don't forget that Fields threw a pick and lost the game at the end. Tick tock
I’m not buying it. Too much talent.

ZW is starting in NYJ. They’re not gonna give up on Fields.
It's more then great numbers against a bad defense. He was a top ten fantasy qb for the season last year. That counts.

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

You could do worse in fantasy. The problem is he might not have a job sooner rather than later. Everyone is getting caught up in the great numbers vs. a terrible defense. Don't forget that Fields threw a pick and lost the game at the end. Tick tock

Your argument is Fields is better than ZW? We can agree on that!

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

That, and teams give up on players a lot slower than fantasy managers.

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

This is Y3. Fields needs to show A LOT more as a passer if he's going to stick IRL.

I'm not arguing he isn't a good fantasy QB. Rushing QBs crush. My issue in fantasy is that he won't be producing for more than another year, maybe two. I flipped him for LJax this offseason. I'm always going to cash out unproven QBs being valued in the top 10 for proven options if possible.

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

This is Y3. Fields needs to show A LOT more as a passer if he's going to stick IRL.

I'm not arguing he isn't a good fantasy QB. Rushing QBs crush. My issue in fantasy is that he won't be producing for more than another year, maybe two. I flipped him for LJax this offseason. I'm always going to cash out unproven QBs being valued in the top 10 for proven options if possible.
He just threw for 350/4

That’s exactly showing a lot more as a passer.

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

He just threw for 350/4

That game is a clear outlier. I'll change my tune if he can sustain anything close to that going forward.

You clearly have a lot invested in Fields. I'm gonna bow out and wish you good luck! He seems like a good guy. I'm not rooting against him.

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

He just threw for 350/4

I once saw Mitch Trubisky throw for 6 TD and 354 yards. Fields had a great game statistically and then he quite literally fumbled the game away.

Fields is 5-24 as a starter. I don't care if he runs or passes, if he doesn't start winning games he won't be in Chicago and will be playing backup QB for Lamar Jackson.

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

He just threw for 350/4

That game is a clear outlier. I'll change my tune if he can sustain anything close to that going forward.

You clearly have a lot invested in Fields. I'm gonna bow out and wish you good luck! He seems like a good guy. I'm not rooting against him.
I just think people are burying him way prematurely and NFL teams aren’t as quick to dump a talented player as FF owners.

That overlap is obvious. Real life isn’t FF

Last edited:
4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

He just threw for 350/4

You clearly have a lot invested in Fields. I'm gonna bow out and wish you good luck! He seems like a good guy. I'm not rotting against him.

Bro it's crazy. Bears are on a 14 game losing streak. Fields started 12 of those games.

It's amazing people are still supporting him. He's so trash. I'm a Bears fan. We haven't won a game since Week 7 (Oct 24) last year. I will probably see this team go 365 days without a win. But please, continue to support our crap QB. :sick:

He is the worst QB we've ever had.

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

He just threw for 350/4

You clearly have a lot invested in Fields. I'm gonna bow out and wish you good luck! He seems like a good guy. I'm not rotting against him.

Bro it's crazy. Bears are on a 14 game losing streak. Fields started 12 of those games.

It's amazing people are still supporting him. He's so trash. I'm a Bears fan. We haven't won a game since Week 7 (Oct 24) last year. I will probably see this team go 365 days without a win. But please, continue to support our crap QB. :sick:

Losing at home to the Broncos (I'm a DEN fan) the way they did had to be brutal.

I just can’t see how he keeps his job if he leads Bears to another top 1-3 pick.

They could very well get number one pick again and the new GM/coach is going to want his guy.

Do they pass on Caleb Williams? I think there is a zero percent shot they would.

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

He just threw for 350/4

Losing at home to the Broncos (I'm a DEN fan) the way they did had to be brutal.

It's so ridiculous man. This is twice now he's completely choked with the game on the line. The other being the pick six against Tampa. I believe he now has 2 pick sixes and a fumble for a touchdown. Neat.

The only silver lining is that we have a chance to draft Caleb Williams. Just keep losing and finally Justin Fields can go bye, bye.

But it's crazy because the guy has lost 12 STARTS IN A ROW and people still want to tell you how awesome he is. I think it might be a race thing. Zach Wilson is 8-16 as a starter for a 33% win percentage and people say he sucks. Fields has a 17% win percentage and all people want to do is make excuses for him how it's not his fault. Even though winning was the responsibility of every other QB who came before Fields.

But for some reason people think Fields should continue to add to the biggest losing streak in Bears history and it's not his fault they're losing.

Gary Huff?

The funny part is Gary Huff is 7-21 for a 25% win percentage as a starter which is somehow still worse than Justin Fields who is 5-24 for a 17% win percentage.

Fields is historically bad.

Gary Huff?

The funny part is Gary Huff is 7-21 for a 25% win percentage as a starter which is somehow still worse than Justin Fields who is 5-24 for a 17% win percentage.

Fields is historically bad.
I think the glaring stat for Huff is 16 TD's vs 50 int's

That's historic...

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

Wilson is playing better against KC than JF did. :bag:

Wilson will probably drop 400 yards against Denver next week.

The fumble 6 is on Getsy. Teams have been spying that misdirection to RB fields rollout all year. Denver specifically showed it at least twice earlier in the game where the DE/OLB goes with Fields regardless if he handed off the ball or not. A good OC would see that Denver has allocated a man to fields every time they run a misdirection, so to run that play HOPING the DE bites on the run was just foolish. It left JF on an island where he made a poor play and cost his team 6, but he should have never been put in that situation.

[Hammond]
Justin Fields looked stunned in the locker room. Still had his uniform on about 30 minutes after the end of the game.

Most of his teammates were gone. Fields was sitting at his locker just staring off.

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

He just threw for 350/4

I just think people are burying him way prematurely and NFL teams aren’t as quick to dump a talented player as FF owners.

Let’s look at the Bears and the Patriots. Both teams have 1st round qbs drafted around the same time. No matter what we think of Mac Jones, if he has a bad game, they are sitting him. The coaching staff doesn’t feel pressured to play him. This isn’t the case in Chicago. High qb draft picks that blow up in their face costs jobs, so they have to keep trying.

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

He just threw for 350/4

Let’s look at the Bears and the Patriots. Both teams have 1st round qbs drafted around the same time. No matter what we think of Mac Jones, if he has a bad game, they are sitting him. The coaching staff doesn’t feel pressured to play him. This isn’t the case in Chicago. High qb draft picks that blow up in their face costs jobs, so they have to keep trying.
Fields was not drafted by this regime so if he doesn't work out they can easily bench him. I don't fault him for yesterday's loss and will put the 90% of the blame on the coaching.

The Mac Jones comparison is ridiculous because his arm is not much better than mine and his WRs can't get any separation which makes for a bad combo. Fields physical tools are off the charts.

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

He just threw for 350/4

Fields was not drafted by this regime so if he doesn't work out they can easily bench him. I don't fault him for yesterday's loss and will put the 90% of the blame on the coaching.

The Mac Jones comparison is ridiculous because his arm is not much better than mine and his WRs can't get any separation which makes for a bad combo. Fields physical tools are off the charts.
this coaching staff doesn’t get a pass because Fields wasn’t their guy. They just can’t burn thru top 10 draft picks at qb either. Doing that means they are not addressing other priorities.

If fields regresses at Wash this week, then what? I agree that he played a great game Sunday. We all want him to succeed.

Is he gonna be a good real life QB? Our eyes and the magic eight ball say unlikely. Is is a good fantasy QB? Yep, top 10. Unless some wild trade happens I'd assume he finishes out the season at starter and the Bears reboot after. All my opinion of course

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

He just threw for 350/4

this coaching staff doesn’t get a pass because Fields wasn’t their guy. They just can’t burn thru top 10 draft picks at qb either. Doing that means they are not addressing other priorities.

If fields regresses at Wash this week, then what? I agree that he played a great game Sunday. We all want him to succeed.

No WE don't. Coming from a Bears fan, we've lost 14 games in a row. Fields sucks and every fan in Chicago is waiting for our coach to be fired and a new QB drafted.

Non-Chicago fans need to stop speaking for our team. We haven't won a game since October 23rd, 2022.

Have your team lose 14 games in a row and tell me how happy and excited you are about your Quarterback...

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

He just threw for 350/4

No WE don't. Coming from a Bears fan, we've lost 14 games in a row. Fields sucks and every fan in Chicago is waiting for our coach to be fired and a new QB drafted.

Non-Chicago fans need to stop speaking for our team. We haven't won a game since October 23rd, 2022.

Have your team lose 14 games in a row and tell me how happy and excited you are about your Quarterback...
Being a lifelong Bengal fan I get the frustration. I do understand losing. I do not think this game lands at the feet of Justin Fields. The Bears and their fans need to ride out this season and see how they finish. It's only 4 games this season. There's still a lot to play for unless they decide to tank. Suppose that is the course of action then bench and trade Fields now. I do think there would be a market for him. The Jets could be in the market for sure and I think there would be more teams and some unexpected suitors.

Teams that could be in the market for Fields.

1. Jets (obvious reasons).
2. Steelers: Pickett's injury, I know 2 QBs on rookie deals but that is affordable. Depends on the injury to KP and how they feel about him going forward.
3. Patriots: Mac and Zappe are not scaring anyone.
4. Washinton: Sam is on a really affordable rookie deal. Fields and McLaurin could be interesting.
5. A ton of teams if they wanted him in a backup role.
6. Cincinnati: Burrow is really hurt. I would have him sit till he is healthy and maybe that is not till next year. Give Fields the reins after a couple of weeks and then let him finish the season and shop him later. I know this would never happen but why not? We have the space. I do not see the point of risking Burrow for future seasons.

It's so ridiculous man. This is twice now he's completely choked with the game on the line. The other being the pick six against Tampa. I believe he now has 2 pick sixes and a fumble for a touchdown.

I agree. you dont like to see this. But some QB's naturally rise to the occasion at a time when they need to and some have to learn to do it.
Fields falls into the latter category.

I think the fact hes starting to show some moxie in throwing the ball is a positive development. he never showed much of that last year. So I am seeing growth in him as a player. Maybe not as much growth as you'd like to see but still hes improving.

I wouldnt go dumping him by any means unless getting a good return but if he is faced with these situations enough times, eventually I have to think he will eventually figure out how to win these games and raise his level of play at key moments in the game.

dont get me wrong. I'm not a fan of his but I do think its too early to label him a bust yet.

Do you see these comments by non Bears fans? "Too early to call him a bust", "Losing the game wasn't his fault".

We lost by 3. He fumbled the ball for a touchdown in the 4th quarter. He did not score a point after that. He has lost 12 starts in a row.

The guy could take a dump on the field and people would think it's great.

[Hammond]
Justin Fields looked stunned in the locker room. Still had his uniform on about 30 minutes after the end of the game.

Most of his teammates were gone. Fields was sitting at his locker just staring off.
This gave me chills and is such a movie style moment
I feel bad for Fields, thought he had a bright future coming out of college
I blame the Chicago Bears, it's where young QBs get drafted into the NFL and die slow deaths

It's been that way for a long time now, and it's not an indictment on the fans but it is a direct shot at the owner/owners and the front office not standing up to whoever signs checks

So, has anyone dropped him or traded him?
Dropped him for Stroud this week
I actually made the exact same move. I didn't really like it (especially since my only other QB is Purdy), but I wasn't going to be able to get anything worthwhile in a trade and I have RB and WR depth I can't part with. I needed to cut bait to keep myself from being talked into starting him again.

Obviously Randy Moss was an infinitely better player, but I drafted him the year he was terrible and bounced between teams, and I remember suffering through horrific 1 point performances because I couldn't bring myself to bench him. Eventually I flat out dropped him and some other sucker picked him up and then rolled him out a few weeks to similarly awful fantasy results. Obviously the move could end up biting me real good, but I feel like it's at least as likely that Fields keeps putting up stinkers as it is that he turns it around.
Not great this first week, Bob! Dak owner picked him up and started him with success. For me Purdy did well enough that I won without him this week. I guess the coming weeks will tell whether I made a really boneheaded move or not.

Do you see these comments by non Bears fans? "Too early to call him a bust", "Losing the game wasn't his fault".

We lost by 3. He fumbled the ball for a touchdown in the 4th quarter. He did not score a point after that. He has lost 12 starts in a row.

Are you going to be okay?

Last year vs Wash -

passing- 14/27/190/1/1, sacked 5 times
rushing - 12/81/1 fumble.

wash 12-7. I remember this was a very ugly game.

This is a huge test IMO to show that he‘s developing.

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

He just threw for 350/4

It's so ridiculous man. This is twice now he's completely choked with the game on the line. The other being the pick six against Tampa. I believe he now has 2 pick sixes and a fumble for a touchdown. Neat.

The only silver lining is that we have a chance to draft Caleb Williams. Just keep losing and finally Justin Fields can go bye, bye.

But it's crazy because the guy has lost 12 STARTS IN A ROW and people still want to tell you how awesome he is. I think it might be a race thing. Zach Wilson is 8-16 as a starter for a 33% win percentage and people say he sucks. Fields has a 17% win percentage and all people want to do is make excuses for him how it's not his fault. Even though winning was the responsibility of every other QB who came before Fields.

But for some reason people think Fields should continue to add to the biggest losing streak in Bears history and it's not his fault they're losing.
Last year the Jets were 4th in total defense and 4th in scoring defense. The way Fields was running the ball last year, he probably would have won 10 games with a defense that good. However, the Bears were 29th in total defense and last in scoring defense last year. Wilson has also been surrounded by better offensive talent. When the Jets were sporting the worst defense in the league in 2021, Wilson managed three wins in his 12 starts, against Tennessee, a Tyrod Taylor led Houston team and the mess that was Jacksonville under Urban Meyer. Similarly, Fields beat Trey Lance, Davis Mills and Bailey Zappe last year and was 1-7 in one score games with that win coming against Mills.

I think it's obvious that this coaching staff is not interested in Fields' success. It wasn't until week 6 last year until Fields was unleashed as a runner and the Bears offense went from 19 ppg to 26 ppg until Fields got hurt. So how do we start 2023? Oh yeah, with Fields not running. There is a path to success with Fields, just like with Lamar, Hurts, and now Anthony Richardson, just not with this coaching staff. As he said himself, it's the coaching!

Are you going to be okay?

I'm really not. No QB has ever lost 12 games in a row and ever become a quality NFL starter. Good QBs don't lose 12 games in a row.

The Chicago Bears have existed since 1919. For 104 years and JUSTIN FIELDS is responsible for a 14 game losing streak. The worst losing streak on franchise history. In 104 years, nobody has been able to accomplish what Fields has accomplished.

So you all listen and listen clear. If you suggest that Justin Fields deserves no blame and deserves more patience, then I can't help.

He's lost CLOSE GAMES. He has had the opportunity to win in the 4th quarter twice this year. What did he do? He threw a pick six and fumbled for a touchdown. But sure the coach threw the interception and fumbled the ball. He doesn't take blame for his faults, only compliments when he pads stats in losses.

Sure it's not all his fault but who is the biggest factor to winning or losing? THE QUARTERBACK. If you put Patrick Mahomes on the Bears, he'd still win 8 games.

You non Bears fans are all over him because he scores points for your magic football team.

1.) He can't throw the ball. I don't want to hear about what he did against a Broncos team that gave up 700 yards the week before.

This was his first 300 yard passing game in 29 starts. CJ Stroud did it TWICE in FOUR starts. CJ Stroud is 2-2 as a starter. Fields is 5-24. Stroud just needs to win 3 of his next 22 games to match what Fields has done as a pro. ****ing pathetic.

2.) Bears fans hate him. We think he's a joke. We boo him every week. We've lost 14 games in a row. We had the #1 pick last year. We want a new QB.

3.) He's a 3rd year player and people talk about him developing as a passer like he's a rookie. He's had 2 ****ing years to progress.

What the hell was he doing the first two years? Trevor Lawrence has made and won a playoff game. Mac Jones has made and lost a playoff game.

Our QB who was taken in the same exact draft, is being talked about if he can develop as a passer while his peers have lead their teams to the playoffs.

Last edited:
It's an embarrassment people still support this guy. Ryan Leaf was 4-21 (16%) as a starter. Justin Fields is 5-24 (17%). Leaf is considered the biggest bust of all time. Fields people say "has potential".

Leaf has a near identical win percentage than Justin, but Fields isn't a bust. It's the team's fault! :lol:

Because it could never be the ****ing Quarterbacks fault that a team is losing games. Even if the Bears suck as a team, it doesn't mean that Fields doesn't suck too.

He's never done anything that's impressed me. He's really good at losing games and giving up defensive touchdowns though.

4 PaTd, 300+ yardsz

He just threw for 350/4

My point is that it wouldn't be hard for them to say Fields isn't there guy so they are going to bench him and draft another QB next year. This seems to be a popular ploy with Bears GMs and it worked out great last time when we unnecessarily traded up to draft Trubisky. I am not giving them a pass I am looking at past precedent and how the McCaskey's operate. The good news is if both the Bears and Panthers continue to lose they could have to top 2 picks in next year's draft. The bad news is they will still have the same GM making the picks. :)

If they have to do another coach/gm search they will probably get an outside firm that includes Marv Levy Bill Parcels who obviously have a good pulse of what is currently happening in the NFL. They will also probably try to bring back Ted Phillips as the brains of the operation.

I'm not gonna sugar coat it. Losing the game was his fault. and its too bad it had to end that way.

but when you fumble the ball and it costs you the game, thats on you. You dont have to like it, but that's the way it is.

Users who are viewing this thread