What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jordan Love, GB (1 Viewer)

Jordan Love completed 22-of-44 passes for 259 yards, one touchdown, and one interception in the Packers’ 18-17, Week 3 win over the Saints, adding 39 yards on nine carries and another touchdown.

Love needed every last minute of this one to rally the Packers to a win. With his team down 17-0 in the fourth quarter, Love and the Packers nailed a field goal early in the fourth quarter and later took advantage of back-to-back pass interferences to set Love up for a one-yard touchdown run. The Pack followed it up with a two-point conversion, and a Romeo Doubs eight-yard touchdown on the following drive. Love was far from perfect in this one, sailing several throws and tossing an easy interception to safety Lonnie Johnson early in the third quarter. However, he rallied his team late with a near perfect fourth quarter, moving his team to 2-1 in his first home start. The Packers have a quick turnaround as they now prepare to face the Lions on Thursday night. Love will be a mid-QB2 in the NFC North showdown.

- Rotoworld
Love had like 2 fantasy points thru 3 quarters and finished with close to 25. With no Jones/Watson and Patrick Taylor on the field most of the 4th he was throwing balls over over the field. It was encouraging to see LaFleur didn't gimp him in the O at all, and he looked to target all his WRs. He also showed a willingness to run it and not sit behind the pocket, though a lot of it was running for his life.

I said it in the game thread, we need to start the conversation about Jordan Love possibly being a Top 10 Fantasy QB this year.
He would need a few injuries to be a top 10 this year.

Jordan Love completed 22-of-44 passes for 259 yards, one touchdown, and one interception in the Packers’ 18-17, Week 3 win over the Saints, adding 39 yards on nine carries and another touchdown.

Love needed every last minute of this one to rally the Packers to a win. With his team down 17-0 in the fourth quarter, Love and the Packers nailed a field goal early in the fourth quarter and later took advantage of back-to-back pass interferences to set Love up for a one-yard touchdown run. The Pack followed it up with a two-point conversion, and a Romeo Doubs eight-yard touchdown on the following drive. Love was far from perfect in this one, sailing several throws and tossing an easy interception to safety Lonnie Johnson early in the third quarter. However, he rallied his team late with a near perfect fourth quarter, moving his team to 2-1 in his first home start. The Packers have a quick turnaround as they now prepare to face the Lions on Thursday night. Love will be a mid-QB2 in the NFC North showdown.

- Rotoworld
Love had like 2 fantasy points thru 3 quarters and finished with close to 25. With no Jones/Watson and Patrick Taylor on the field most of the 4th he was throwing balls over over the field. It was encouraging to see LaFleur didn't gimp him in the O at all, and he looked to target all his WRs. He also showed a willingness to run it and not sit behind the pocket, though a lot of it was running for his life.

I said it in the game thread, we need to start the conversation about Jordan Love possibly being a Top 10 Fantasy QB this year.
How do you figure ? He was QB4 after 2 weeks and hasn't had his best weapon Watson. Would be more of a shock if he doesn't finish as a top 10 QB.

- Rotoworld

How do you figure ? He was QB4 after 2 weeks and hasn't had his best weapon Watson. Would be more of a shock if he doesn't finish as a top 10 QB.
If everyone stays healthy I dont think he comes anywhere near the top 10. People are acting like Watson is Justin Jefferson or Tyreek.

@abrunn1133 Aaron Jones is another big part of their attack, plus no Bakithari. He's basically working with a bunch of guys as young as he is in Reed/Musgrave/Wicks/Toure... and still somehow is finding success. He does have rookie growing pains with the overrthrows but so far he's showing none of the warts the other young QBs are showing, plus like I said LaFleur is not gimping the O and trying to "protect him". He's had nothing but 20+ point fantasy finishes despite some questionable metrics, but him throwing it 40+ times is encouraging to see IMHO.

- Rotoworld

If everyone stays healthy I dont think he comes anywhere near the top 10. People are acting like Watson is Justin Jefferson or Tyreek.
He's not Tyreek or Hill but Watson adds a deep threat to their offense that they don't currently have. And Aaron Jones is soooo much better than Dillon. With Dillon there is absolutely no threat of a running game. Should also be mentioned that not only are they missing all-pro Bahktiari at left tackle but they are also missing Elgton Jenkins at left guard. That's 4 starters from their offense. And the young WRs will only grow with experience. He's not Aaron Rodgers but one has to be impressed with how Love has handled himself and what he's accomplished so far.

- Rotoworld

He's not Tyreek or Hill but Watson adds a deep threat to their offense that they don't currently have. And Aaron Jones is soooo much better than Dillon. With Dillon there is absolutely no threat of a running game. Should also be mentioned that not only are they missing all-pro Bahktiari at left tackle but they are also missing Elgton Jenkins at left guard. That's 4 starters from their offense. And the young WRs will only grow with experience. He's not Aaron Rodgers but one has to be impressed with how Love has handled himself and what he's accomplished so far.
I haven’t fact checked this, but my son asserted that every Packer offensive starter today was still on a rookie contract.

Top 10 is doable

- Rotoworld

I haven’t fact checked this, but my son asserted that every Packer offensive starter today was still on a rookie contract.

Yeah I saw this somewhere on the internet today and I’m pretty sure it checks out, unless you get nitpicky with Love technically having signed an extension. Honestly a crazy bit of trivia and a real credit to the coach to get a win with these kids.

- Rotoworld

reddit

Starting Watson with complete confidence given loves td and ypa. Seem like a great match for his skills

When will this be happening? Because I sure would like to know when Watson is finally startable.

Reading the tea leaves, I'm thinking this TNF. Packers got some house money beating the Saints and think this is a good chance to deploy him. He was probably ready but they opted out.

Starting Watson with complete confidence given loves td and ypa. Seem like a great match for his skills

When will this be happening? Because I sure would like to know when Watson is finally startable.

Reading the tea leaves, I'm thinking this TNF. Packers got some house money beating the Saints and think this is a good chance to deploy him. He was probably ready but they opted out.
Lions have been better against the run than the pass this year and also have a lot of injuries in the secondary.

- Rotoworld

Love might be the worst deep passer I have seen since Teddy Bridgewater. I think his true value is Aaron Jones making things happen in the passing game. I would put Love somewhere in the Purdy/Goff/Stafford tier for fantasy QBs. I think he is far more valuable in real-life football because of his contract.

I'm not sure about the accuracy of this, but I saw on Twitter today someone saying in these short weeks the media will not be present at any practices and the injury report is just a suggestion. That probably sucks for fantasy owners who have to make a decision before kickoff on Thursday. Unless LaFleur or one of the other coaches volunteers some information to the press this week, it could be a complete unknown until gameday.

Watson was held out likely b/c GB is much conservativo with players, and, short work week playing against deeetroit thursday night.

trade for him now. he's going to explode again

this pass catching group is miles better than any group Rodgers every played with
I get jokes

lol Rodgers had Adams, Nelson and Cobb in their primes for several years, and before that had Gregg Jennings and Donald Driver with Nelson/Cobb for multiple seasons.
Agree to disagree I guess, while "better by miles" was likely an overstatement on my part. IMO Cobb was the definition of mediocre and had one great season among 13 mostly forgettable ones. Jordy Nelson 2-3. Jennings 2-3. I should have remembered Driver as he was probably the most consistent high level one he had next to Adams. But also nearly none of them performed at a high level at the same time as the other ones. As one was elevating their game, the others seemed to be falling off. Obviously I'm projecting here, but like I said, outside Adams, I think Watson, Reed, and Musgrave will wind up reaching a higher playing level than any of those contemporaries and will all be on the field playing at that level at the same time. Have to wait and see, but so far they've all gotten off to a good start.

edit: and while this is obviously not quantifiable, I'd argue it was Rodgers who elevated the majority of those WRs over their innate abilities. I doubt we'd be saying Love is really elevating anyone on the team rn.
Its been a long time so easy to forget especially if you were not paying as close of attention to the team as Packers fans or fans of their rivals like I am.

Greg Jennings was a very good WR maybe not as prolific as Antonio Brown but similar type of skillset and play style to Brown and a very good WR. While Rodgers certainly helped all of the Packer receivers reach their potential he did not make Jennings good. Jennings would be good with any decent QB.

Jordy Nelson was also a very good receiver in his prime. I do think Nelson benefitted somewhat due to his uncanny connection with Rodgers, especially on scramble drills which were frequent with Rodgers for many years, Nelson was still a good WR even without that.

Driver was more of a steady eddie clutch WR on 3rd downs. He did not play as well away from the Packers as I recall then came back to the Packers and did well again. So that maybe shows a receiver benefitting more from Rodgers play, but he was still solid.

Cobb I kind of agree with. He was kind of the Packers answer to Percy Harvin from my view as a Vikings fan. But not as good.

Maybe the current group of Packer receivers are good players too. I dont really know yet. They have a lot to prove before I could compare them to these previous very good WR.

Have really come full circle on this dude as an NFL QB. Those last two td drives were nice. That two point conversion was really nice. Made his reads, avoided the pressure, made the play. He looks the part. I was wrong. Well done buddy.

He has arm talent for days. And he's playing without his two best weapons. I don't know why so many have a bias against him before he's even played a few games.

It's unreal. I finally bench Fields and put in Love, and then Love turns into Fields.

Reality is they are both not that great
Everyone was saying Love was a top 10 fantasy QB though.
His numbers have been inflated by TDs. He still has potential but a long way to go.
This. The Sharps have noted through the first 3 weeks he has not really looked good at all but many were tricked by the stats and fantasy production.

20 pts I’ll take it
Against what is probably a top three team in the league. Yeah, I’ll take 20 every week. He does ~20 every week (as he has for four weeks now) and he’ll finish the season QB #1 or top 3 at worst.

Step away from the ledge, people. Love might have looked like a terrible real life QB last night, but he’s going to make some people’s fantasy seasons.

Edit: Last night was a “bad” game. If his floor is 20 points a week, what are his “good” games going to look like? Enjoy the ride and don’t overthink it.

20 pts I’ll take it
Against what is probably a top three team in the league. Yeah, I’ll take 20 every week. He does ~20 every week (as he has for four weeks now) and he’ll finish the season QB #1 or top 3 at worst.

Step away from the ledge, people. Love might have looked like a terrible real life QB last night, but he’s going to make some people’s fantasy seasons.

Edit: Last night was a “bad” game. If his floor is 20 points a week, what are his “good” games going to look like? Enjoy the ride and don’t overthink it.
Agreed - his value as a real life NFL QB remains to be seen, but unless one is a Packers fan, all you probably care about is the fantasy points he’s putting up.

20 pts I’ll take it

Wait. The Lions are a top 3 team in the league now?

They seem improved and may even win the NFC North but top 3?

For everyone, more talk about how Love stinks please. Thats music to my ears. =P

Love certainly wasn’t good last night but his line was getting demolished by Detroits D line. Sounds like the Packer O-line was banged up and it showed big time. They couldn’t run or pass. Total *** kicking.

Love certainly wasn’t good last night but his line was getting demolished by Detroits D line. Sounds like the Packer O-line was banged up and it showed big time. They couldn’t run or pass. Total *** kicking.

You were watching a different game then me. he had pressure and some sacks but that was usually after holding the ball for 3 to 5 seconds. Watching the game with my dad a huge pack fan and he was screaming at the tv because love just has zero timing. he locks onto one wr and then stands there if that's not open when you can see all other routes open

When is the last time this team had a QB throw for 300 yards? It has to be the longest drought in the modern era, no?

Sam Monson
Total pressures surrendered by GB's OL Weeks 1-3: 13

Total pressures surrendered by GB's OL vs Detroit: 22

Zach Kruse
Matt LaFleur drew up a plan that banked on his offensive line -- which had been really good in the passing game through three games -- protecting the QB early. It didn't happen. He was too slow to adjust. Blowout ensued

You were watching a different game then me. he had pressure and some sacks but that was usually after holding the ball for 3 to 5 seconds. Watching the game with my dad a huge pack fan and he was screaming at the tv because love just has zero timing. he locks onto one wr and then stands there if that's not open when you can see all other routes open
Yeah, he held the ball way way too long the entire first half. Was that by design? Or was that Love’s fault?

Yeah, he held the ball way way too long the entire first half. Was that by design? Or was that Love’s fault?

If you look at the link I posted from The QB School at least a couple first half sacks were him not ripping it when the first read was W.A. open.

If you look at the link I posted from The QB School at least a couple first half sacks were him not ripping it when the first read was W.A. open.
I haven’t had a chance yet but will. Thx for sharing it!!

I haven’t had a chance yet but will. Thx for sharing it!!

first play after the Goff interception (GB first offensive play) is emblematic - quick slant, the stripe on his helmet is aimed right at the receiver, and he doesn't pull the trigger - guy runs into coverage and by then the pocket has collapsed. happened a few times.

OTOH there are also a ton of plays where he does see it and makes really good throws. not a magical disaster by any means, but he's got to be more accurate esp early in games.

Users who are viewing this thread