What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jordan Love, GB (1 Viewer)

....back to the waiver wire he goes.  No shares by me, although I have picked him off the waiver wire previously.

In that case I would hold to see if he gets traded somewhere and then try to trade him just in case someone your league doesn’t think he’s garbage.

:shrug:  

*if superflex format
I agree if SF or 2qb leagues.  If not, then he's waiver wire fodder.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Packers thought Jordan Love would be even a serviceable starter they would have traded Rodgers. I think the re-signing of Rodgers tells you all you need to know about Love. At this point he will be competing for a roster spot.

Ouch, could have had Higgins or Pittman instead. Would have maybe minimized some of the Rodgers drama the past few years and helped them get to the SB. No offense to Burrow or Chase at all, but imagine that GB offense with Higgins across from Adams?

Ouch, could have had Higgins or Pittman instead. Would have maybe minimized some of the Rodgers drama the past few years and helped them get to the SB. No offense to Burrow or Chase at all, but imagine that GB offense with Higgins across from Adams?
Or Pittman. Absolute stud with a great quarterback throwing to him. Instead he’s wasted with Wentz. :(  

Not sure I see them trading him unless they get something 3rd or higher.  They have a lot invested in him, he has some talent in there, and he is cheap at this point.  

One could argue that the drafting of Love is what got them back-to-back MVP seasons from Rodgers 
One could. One would probably be wrong, but one certainly could.

One could also argue that drafting Tee Higgins may have also helped to make Aaron Rodgers MVP, and moreover, might even have gotten the team to the Super Bowl. Especially in light of the fact that they still don’t have a consistent quality second receiver. 

People keep mentioning Pittman and especially Higgins as picks that would have helped way more than Love. I'd add Shenault too. LaFleur could have used him as a discount Deebo, which would be his best role, instead of wasting away with uncreative and inept coaching in Jacksonville. 

Hell, not to play the what if game too much, but we know by the Dillon pick that GB wanted to add another RB. They do it with their first pick instead of second, and its likely Jonathan Taylor. 

Love was arguably the worst pick of the draft at the time. In hindsight, its somehow gotten even worse. 

ETA: 2nd worst I mean. Isaiah Wilson was clearly worse.

If the Packers thought Jordan Love would be even a serviceable starter they would have traded Rodgers. I think the re-signing of Rodgers tells you all you need to know about Love. At this point he will be competing for a roster spot.

Disagree with the notion Rodgers' deal tells us anything about Love.  Its possible he sucks, but we've not seen enough of him yet to know. Rodgers shocked everyone by winning back to back MVPs at 37 years old - that's the root of all this drama over the past few years, not anything to do with Love.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Tom Silverstein said the Packers "have no choice but to trade" Jordan Love after re-signing Aaron Rodgers. 

"The draft isn't strong at the QB position and the free agent market is even worse, so rather than play out the final two years, they should deal him right now," Silverstein added. The Packers committing to Rodgers over the next four years means Love has no shot of seeing the field barring an injury to Rodgers. The Packers could shop Love to teams desperate for a decent quarterback. The Broncos come to mind. 

RELATED: 

Aaron Rodgers

SOURCE: Tom Silverstein on Twitter 

Mar 8, 2022, 11:50 AM ET

I think his best chance for success is Foot Locker.  Although I do have concerns with how he handles the boxes.  Might have to just be a checker or greeter.     

How about Pittsburgh or Carolina?
Indy or Seattle or Washington are possibilities as well. Depends on cost of course, but would think most teams in need would part with a 3rd to kick the tires. Rosen got traded for a late 2nd and a 5th, would a team go that high?

Indy or Seattle or Washington are possibilities as well. Depends on cost of course, but would think most teams in need would part with a 3rd to kick the tires. Rosen got traded for a late 2nd and a 5th, would a team go that high?
I’d honestly be surprised if Love got a 4th. 

I disagree with Silverstein's take on this, but he's been covering the Packers beat for about 40 years so probably knows better.  Rodgers sat for 3 years before he got his chance.  Unless Love is demanding a trade (unlikely), there's no reason for the team to trade him now. For what its worth, Rodgers and Love have the same agent - David Dunn - which might make things a bit easier for the team.

Not sure I see them trading him unless they get something 3rd or higher.  They have a lot invested in him, he has some talent in there, and he is cheap at this point.  
Now would be the time with a shallow pool of qbs in the draft.  If Rodgers goes down, Love isn’t saving the season, but a vet could.

Jordan Love is not a good qb. Reports from practices indicated he was struggling with accuracy, and when he got game action he looked horrific. I’d be shocked if a team gave up even a fifth rounder for him. And the Packers should bring in a veteran to back up Rodgers.

Why would anyone give more than a 6th round pick for him at this point? 
Because of the unknown I would guess.  No one actually knows what he is at this point.   Look at who he’s been sitting behind.  Pretty sure Jimmy G went for 2 2nds.  He wasn’t even a 1st rounder and was an unknown as well.  

Buckna said:
If guys like Trask, Mills or Mond can go in the late 2nd and early 3rd of a draft I’d be surprised if Love goes for less than that. But we’ll see.
I'd take Trask over Love without a second thought. 

I like keeping Love for insurance over a 4th round or later pick.  He’s at least been in the offense for years and is a better backup for GB than some scrub vet.  

Because of the unknown I would guess.  No one actually knows what he is at this point.   Look at who he’s been sitting behind.  Pretty sure Jimmy G went for 2 2nds.  He wasn’t even a 1st rounder and was an unknown as well.  

Jimmy G got dealt for one #2.

Buckna said:
If guys like Trask, Mills or Mond can go in the late 2nd and early 3rd of a draft I’d be surprised if Love goes for less than that. But we’ll see.
Mills has shown way way way way more than Love has. Love has had the rumors of looking poor in camp/practice and then he showed that in his one game against KC. I’d guess he would get a 4th or a 5th. GB probably better off just keeping him. 

Jimmy G also at least looked serviceable when he did see the field in New England. Love looked horrendous. 

Jordan Love is a name to watch closely for the #Colts at QB. Chris Ballard tried to get him in the draft, and now they have assets to easily make a deal with the #Packers for him.
Oh God no, please God no, I beg you God, please no.

Evan Massey @massey_evan

Jordan Love is a name to watch closely for the #Colts at QB. Chris Ballard tried to get him in the draft, and now they have assets to easily make a deal with the #Packers for him.

I wonder what Evan Massey means by "easily" because I don't think the Packers will give up Love for peanuts. I can't imagine a 2nd round pick being enough. 

Cultivader said:
Drafting Love in the first round is one of the biggest mistakes I’ve ever seen GB make. For all the reasons listed in this thread. It’s not Jamarcus Russell bad, but what exactly were they thinking?
In the 3 seasons before they drafted Love, Rodgers had a record of 23-15-1 and QBR's of 66.0, 58.0, and 52.5. In the 2 seasons since Love was drafted Rodgers record was 26-6 with QBR's of 79.8 and 69.1 and 2 MVP awards. While not their intent, drafting Love did help to motivate Rodgers to perform at an extremely high level. So while it was not a good draft pick, they ended up getting championship level play out of the QB position.

Cultivader said:
So the Love pick was all right because it motivated Rodgers?

That is some serious mind f##king if that the case.

I don’t agree with your take, but if that’s what your running with, more power to ya.
Maybe wording it that he had 3 consecutive seasons of declining QB play at ages 33, 34, and 35 will work for you? 

However people want to spin it Rodgers did not seem like he was going to rebound the way that he has the past couple of years when they drafted Love. 

Cultivader said:
No, it doesn’t work for me.

Rodgers is one of the greatest to ever play. And if GB had drafted WRs for him, instead of Love,  he’d have been even better.
He's played with a handful of great wr1s in his career.   Unfortunately he's never had a killer x/y/z (or even x/y/te) combo.

Users who are viewing this thread