What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson, CLE (1 Viewer)

247 Sports’s Brad Stainbrook reports Dorian Thompson-Robinson is expected to start in Week 4 against the Ravens.
Deshaun Watson is dealing with a shoulder issue and reportedly won’t play. That leaves Thompson-Robinson as the starter and PJ Walker, who was called up from the practice squad over the weekend, as his backup. DTR threw for 440 yards and a pair of touchdowns during the preseason. He also did some damage with his legs, adding 69 rushing yards on five attempts. A week after Watson set a high-water mark in passing yards for his Cleveland tenure, he will now watch from the sidelines as a fifth-round rookie makes his debut under center. The move from Watson to DTR will be a notable downgrade for Amari Cooper and Elijah Moore.

I don't know about quieting critics; Washington's defense is one of the worst in the Pac12. Maybe the country. But he has improved a LOT this year, especially with his accuracy. Still lacks a strong arm on deep balls, but he can move for sure. I think he was viewed as a 6th rounder this summer; maybe that's improved, but he was never touted as anything more than a late round pick/undrafted FA.

Plus, look at their schedule so far:
- Bowling Green
- Alabama State
- South Alabama (they almost LOST that game)
- Colorado (the only defense worse than UW in the Pac-12)
- UW (dumpster fire defense)
- Utah

Now, Utah was a big time win for UCLA. And this game against Oregon is huge. I'll be there, but I don't think we're looking at a bona fide starting NFL caliber QB here. Hell, he might be the 2nd best QB at Autzen on Saturday. Bo Nix has been incredible since his dud vs. Georgia.

:coffee:

This dude blows lol
He looked like a deer in the headlights, but have to give him a bit of slack as he seemed to find out a few hours before the game that he was starting - and against a tough defense to boot. Whether he's another Malik Willis that can run like the wind but has a long way to go to play the position, remains to be seen. In any event, given the investment in Watson, he's going to be sitting and watching for a long time barring future injuries to Watson.

Cleveland.com’s Mary Kay Cabot reports Browns QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson will start in Week 11.

It’s quite the surprise as the Browns essentially bench P.J. Walker after Deshaun Watson (shoulder) was declared out for the remainder of the season. Walker has been among the least accurate passers this season, but Thompson-Robinson — a fifth-round rookie — was abominable in his lone 2023 start against the Ravens in Week 4. He completed 53 percent of his attempts for 153 scoreless yards and three interceptions against Baltimore. DTR had four rushes for 24 yards in a blowout loss. Amari Cooper has one catch on six targets for 16 yards that day. DTR told Cabot he has improved since then. We’ll see in Week 11 against a shutdown Steelers defense.

Is there anyway this guy can put up fantasy points?
Wondering the same thing. As a very new Njoku owner to get through TE bye week. I’m wondering if this is a good or terrible thing.

I was trying to drop Pitt defense for a streamer last night and missed on both… so maybe I have something there.

I'm desperate at the QB position with my 5-5 dynasty team. Lost Cousins to injury and down to Carr who got hurt and on a bye and some guys on my taxi squad (Zach Wilson, DTR, Tommy Devito, and Jaren Hall). Zappe and PJ Walker on the wire. That's about it. Have feelers out for a couple of trades. Maybe DTR can be a surprise answer.

He looked pretty damn bad in his one start.

Albeit against a legit fierce Ravens D. Browns need to get creative with him and draw up plays that allow him to use his strengths.

Grabbed both him and AOC off the wire in pre season so just kind of praying one of them ends up showing some good stuff

Dear DTR:
Please play a lot better than you did against Baltimore. If you play like crap and lose to Pittsburgh then I don't think I can handle all the Steeler trash talk next week. It's bad enough this week hearing their fans complain because Baltimore and Cleveland are ahead of them in all of the power rankings.

Signed,
A disgruntled Brown fan for forty years who thought this year was actually going to be different.

Dear DTR:
Please play a lot better than you did against Baltimore. If you play like crap and lose to Pittsburgh then I don't think I can handle all the Steeler trash talk next week. It's bad enough this week hearing their fans complain because Baltimore and Cleveland are ahead of them in all of the power rankings.

Signed,
A disgruntled Brown fan for forty years who thought this year was actually going to be different.
well said.

you should come hang out in the Browns thread.

Dear DTR:

Signed,
Here's hoping he plays like Josh Dobbs and just balls out.

All his passes were under five yards
Makes Elijah Moore & Njoku more PPR valuable and hurts A Cooper value. But short passes & improved ball control might be his only weapons.
Probably true.
I think there's nerves or lack of sincere trust from coaches or something (unsure what) to be read into there.
Could be keeping it simple and next game add a few longer throws but as I think that...that doesn't seem so logical. More like he had targets 10-15 yards but always chose the safe route.
Idk totally covered in guesses here it's just very odd

All his passes were under five yards
i think that was game plan specific for this game.

Browns entire focus was safe passes and no turn overs.

i hope they start opening it up a little more this weekend.
Maybe so.
I really question the opposing DC. Isn't that easy to stop or adjust to or something?
well, to be fair, they had something like 40 yards passing the second half until the final drive.

Browns HC Kevin Stefanski said, “We’ll see where this week goes based on, obviously, [his] health,” when asked about Dorian Thompson-Robinson playing in Week 13 against the Rams.

DTR left Sunday’s game against the Broncos with a concussion and is at risk of missing at least one game. Of course, underwhelming play on a team that’s a playoff contender could result in the Browns pivoting to Joe Flacco, regardless of DTR’s health. Thompson-Robinson and backup P.J. Walker have been two of the least efficient quarterbacks in the league and have gone 2-3 in their combined five starts. While Flacco isn’t gonna do anything to boost the Browns’ Super Bowl odds, he’s a veteran quarterback who should have enough left in the tank to keep the offense on schedule amidst a playoff push. Sitting at 7-4, the Browns have been carried by their defense for much of the season, Flacco could provide a little shot in the arm for an offense that features talented playmakers in Amari Cooper and David Njoku.

Dorian Thompson-Robinson (concussion) did not practice on Thursday.

We are rapidly approaching Joe Flacco starting his first NFL game since the Jets’ Week 18 finale last season. Thompson-Robinson said earlier on Thursday that he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to clear concussion protocol in time to play in Week 13 against the Rams, which would open the door for Flacco to start. At 7-4, the Browns are firmly in the playoff race and would likely benefit from having Flacco under center as opposed to DTR. It’s possible we’ll know by Friday whether or not it will be DTR or Flacco starting against the Rams.

Users who are viewing this thread