What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Deshaun Watson, CLE (1 Viewer)

The idea that any of us dime store litigators is in position to judge and mock the quality of work from nationally respected attorneys who have seen and reviewed in depth all the evidence, know the laws better than we know fantasy football production and have spent countless hours working out strategies and steps ahead with teams of lawyers having tremendous levels of experience and relevant areas of specialization is  ...  amusing.
I've heard nationally respected attorneys mocking both of these guys, so...

What if their sexual habits include non-consensually ejaculating on someone? I'm no big city attorney, but that certainly seems worth condemning. 
Well, that is your take.  I suppose it's not something I would feel good about, but my comment, if someone told me of such an experience, would probably be, "Doesn't work for me."

So you think a woman isn't a prostitute until the second time she charges the same person for a sexual act? The first one is "jail free". That makes no sense.

I think what you're missing is that allegedly most of these women claimed to be legit message therapists, not a "rub and tug" massage parlor sex worker - they were charging for a massage and were not expecting to see Watson's snake popping out in the middle of it. That's the entire basis of their claims in fact.
All I'm saying is that he could say the first encounter was about massage and that's what he paid for; the "happy ending" being a consensual bonus.  After that, it could be asserted that it was part of the arrangement.

the problem seems to lie in the fact that he wasn't satisfied with just a situation where he set up a massage knowing he would in fact get a happy ending ahead of time....that didn't do enough for him....I would be willing to bet he had plenty of those "sessions" where the "ending" was a given to both parties involved ahead of time and "perfectly ok" for both of them....

the problem is that wasn't good enough for him.....he for some reason wanted the script to play out as almost a game of let's see if I can make this become one of those "massage p0rnos" that is scripted to be innocent and not start out that way, but eventually does.....he wanted the chase so to speak....and felt that his "fame/money" was a good enough shield if things went sideways and the script he wanted didn't play out.....

he wanted these women to go into the session with no predetermination of a happy ending.....but to just succumb to his power/sexiness/attractiveness or whatever and then actually "want" to provide a happy ending to him unsolicited...

Last edited by a moderator:
All I'm saying is that he could say the first encounter was about massage and that's what he paid for; the "happy ending" being a consensual bonus.  After that, it could be asserted that it was part of the arrangement.

the problem seems to lie in the fact that he wasn't satisfied with just a situation where he set up a massage knowing he would in fact get a happy ending ahead of time....that didn't do enough for him....I would be willing to bet he had plenty of those "sessions" where the "ending" was a given to both parties involved ahead of time and "perfectly ok" for both of them....

the problem is that wasn't good enough for him.....he for some reason wanted the script to play out as almost a game of let's see if I can make this become one of those "massage p0rnos" that is scripted to be innocent and not start out that way, but eventually does.....he wanted the chase so to speak....and felt that his "fame/money" was a good enough shield if things went sideways and the script he wanted didn't play out.....
That seems to be a reasonable a guess as any. 

This is not normal behavior for professional athletes whose job is to take care of their bodies.  They have access to the best health care professionals, which includes massage therapy and others.  You find the best one and you stick with that person.  People literally fly their barbers with them on road trips, but this dude cannot find one massage therapist in Houston to stick with?
Agreed. I think having more than a few is fine (for athletic purposes) but yeah it is because he is a sexual predator who gets off on it. He could get any lady he wants but instead he does this ####. Because it his kink. And I imagine plenty of them were consensual if not arranged and understood beforehand. Except for those who weren't. But these things just can't be proven in court unless the alleged victim(s) pulls a Linda Tripp and saves the dress. Women rarely come forward because the burden of proof is typically insurmountable. 

Still blown away by the Browns doing what they did. If there really is a void clause then it is slightly less gross. 

he wanted these women to go into the session with no predetermination of a happy ending.....but to just succumb to his power/sexiness/attractiveness or whatever and then actually "want" to provide a happy ending to him unsolicited...
Yep 

I'm not trying to be a difficult but, I still don't really get what you are saying and there's no real way to circumvent the prostitution issue by doing it once and moving onto the next one.

But once again you are missing the entire issue that forms the basis of these lawsuits and the criminal charges that were filed. These WERE NOT prostitutes. They are claiming to be legit message therapists that Watson treated as if they were prostitutes by unwelcomingly exposing himself to them. Maybe that was part of the thrill for him because if he wanted to pay actual prostitutes I'm pretty sure he could afford to. 

Anyway, I won't beat this to death - and honestly I have no problem with Browns' fans that want to continue to support the team despite him being on it. I did so when Vick joined the Jets. Additionally, I like a few musicians that aren't very good people so I get seperating the "artist" from the "person". However, what I do find laughable is some of the ways fans are pretending he didn't do anything bad at all. Listen none of us know for sure what happened but to pretend this is just some huge unfortunate coincidence or that its some gigantic shakedown by a very respected and successful attorney (who does not need the money) despite all the logical evidence is a bit odd to me. 

The NFL should hire a female panel to deal with this. Set a precedent and use it moving forward too. Always men deciding how women probably feel and what's respectful or proper towards them.

Let them writeup a decision and then Goodell(a man) stew on that and form the official decision on suspension and whether NFLPA needs to discuss changes or whatnot.

In this case, maybe there's one woman that adored Deshaun and one that was simply professional with him. No man can call bs on the adoring woman and have their decision 100percent respected, a panel of women sure could. 

I subscribe to the (guess conspiracy-ish) theory that this probably escalated so that would mean there were some consensual and then he had unrealistic expectations he forced. Women have to decide that too

Once the first report hit basically anyone can concoct a similar story to say nothing of possible "coaching" by Buzbee. If a bunch of women not coached by an attorney with zero idea of other allegations were coming forward then that would be an extreme sign of his guilt but to me this is not that.
just a coincidence that ALL cases, and hence all story lines, are being orchestrated by Buzbee, a known high character lawyer not known to venture outside the lines 

people clamoring for Watson to settle forget that Buzbee gets 30% off the top from all the cases.

just a coincidence that ALL cases, and hence all story lines, are being orchestrated by Buzbee, a known high character lawyer not known to venture outside the lines 

people clamoring for Watson to settle forget that Buzbee gets 30% off the top from all the cases.
33.3%, actually.

Except for the 2 criminal complainants who did not file a lawsuit and are not represented by Buzbee, and "Mary" the woman in the SI article.

I've heard nationally respected attorneys mocking both of these guys, so...
Actually both are very well known successful attorney's in their field. Hardin has represented many other high profile athletes successfully and Buzbee has been a very successful plaintiff attorney. I think Hardin has done a great job, until the interview on Friday when he talked about "Happy Endings". I think he is getting rightfully criticized for that. Buzbee has always operated as more of a sleazy character and is obviously willing to try the case in the media if it helps his clients. I don't find either attorney very likeable, but they do have success in representing their clients.

was she the one that was convinced to file after watching the HBO story?
No, she has not filed. And she ended up hiring a civil rights attorney, but never filed a criminal complaint or a civil lawsuit.

was she the one that was convinced to file after watching the HBO story?
No, she has not filed. And she ended up hiring a civil rights attorney, but never filed a criminal complaint or a civil lawsuit.

A new lawsuit has been filed against Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson, making it the 23rd active civil filing. 

The plaintiff, Nia Smith, was one of the first women contacted by the NFL star’s legal team when news broke about the first lawsuits being filed last year, according to the original petition filed on the Harris County District Clerk’s website. The lawsuit describes that “in an effort to intimidate her,” one of Watson’s lawyers said to the plaintiff “that they were going to fight the cases to the fullest extent. She also insisted that us Black women must stick together.” 

Actually both are very well known successful attorney's in their field. Hardin has represented many other high profile athletes successfully and Buzbee has been a very successful plaintiff attorney. I think Hardin has done a great job, until the interview on Friday when he talked about "Happy Endings". I think he is getting rightfully criticized for that. Buzbee has always operated as more of a sleazy character and is obviously willing to try the case in the media if it helps his clients. I don't find either attorney very likeable, but they do have success in representing their clients.
The latest presser (happy ending diatribe) is where I saw quite a few prominent attorneys trash him on Twitter. 

Buzbee has a rep as a sleazebag, but a competent one.

Now the Texans may be on this:

[Jenny Vrentas] Watson met at least 66 women over a 17-month period, far more than previously known. He had help from the Houston Texans, including nondisclosure agreements, in making appointments.

https://twitter.com/JennyVrentas/status/1534257522630066176

https://twitter.com/JennyVrentas/status/1534257930496888838
Maybe if the Browns decide to back away from Watson (not saying they will) this will help them recover something back from Houston if they file a grievance?

[lima] .@AlbertBreer said on @PatMcAfeeShow that the 24th lawsuit against Watson was a bit of a surprise to the league and possibly the Browns. He said there is some uncertainly how up front Watson was with the team

https://twitter.com/sportsboytony/status/1534232524796448769?s=21&t=D0RJ6R_lr3M4qFk2K01CxQ
Uncertain with how honest he was with the team? Do they think he has a tally at home? Im sure in his mind, it could be 22 potential lawsuits or 122. He has no clue and I cannot believe the Browns would be so naïve to think that they were being told with 100% certainty what the truth was.

So even if the Browns could get out of the deal with Watson they’d still have lost all of those draft assets for nothing. I know I’m way ahead of myself on that but it would be one of the most bizarre sports stories of all-time.
I heard this discussed a few times on radio. Aaron Hernandez and some others brought up. The Browns would only be responsible for whatever they paid him to date and their cap cleared. (If criminal, out of league) Also it's their prob to sue him to be reimbursed for what they paid him so far.

Uncertain with how honest he was with the team? Do they think he has a tally at home? Im sure in his mind, it could be 22 potential lawsuits or 122. He has no clue and I cannot believe the Browns would be so naïve to think that they were being told with 100% certainty what the truth was.
That was the meeting. They had a contract offer and wouldn't hand it to him unless he told them everything 

I heard this discussed a few times on radio. Aaron Hernandez and some others brought up. The Browns would only be responsible for whatever they paid him to date and their cap cleared. (If criminal, out of league) Also it's their prob to sue him to be rimbursed for what they paid him so far.
My real "concern" was all the draft picks they had traded away to get him would be spent on nothing.

Some stuff from the article:

Buzbee: Did you even ask her what her experience level was?

Watson: No, sir. That wasn't a priority.

Buzbee: Right. You didn't care, did you?

Watson: That wasn't a priority. I just wanted a massage.

Buzbee: You didn't care what her skill level was, correct?

Watson: That wasn't a priority.

Buzbee: You didn't care whether she was properly trained?

Watson: That wasn't my priority, sir.

Then there's also this gem:

In November 2020, after a friendly exchange on Instagram, Watson saw that the woman was a massage therapist and sent a message asking for an appointment. As they struggled to work out a time, Watson told her, “Just tryna support black businesses,” a message he repeated later.

Watson regularly presented himself as an ally to businesswomen. In the suit filed this week, the therapist alleged that he told her that he “really wanted to support” Black businesses, and on another occasion, he left a woman perplexed when he purchased 30 bottles of her $40 skin cleanser.

Oh also this:

https://twitter.com/AkivaMCohen/status/1534277344470437888

So even if the Browns could get out of the deal with Watson they’d still have lost all of those draft assets for nothing. I know I’m way ahead of myself on that but it would be one of the most bizarre sports stories of all-time.
And would have cheesed off their at least serviceable, at most potentially viable incumbent QB in the process to the point of "irreconcilable differences". 

It would be amazing. 

Exclusive: The NFL star Deshaun Watson, who has been accused of sexual misconduct during massage appointments, used resources provided by the Houston Texans, including nondisclosure agreements, to make appointments with more women than previously known. https://t.co/uUMPmv7E41 https://t.co/kLHTo8HdrN
Wow. I'm only surprised that I am still finding things to be surprised about here, but...yeah, wow. 

We need to talk about how badly Cleveland handled this. Not only the ridiculous contract but all those draft picks. Houston management must be howling at them. 
Remarkably, epically, historically terrible team management here. The contract itself is insane, but how did they not know there are 3x as many women as initially alleged when paying out all that $?

The whole thing is insane. 

Users who are viewing this thread