What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Brett Rypien, FA (1 Viewer)

Brutally bad. At least the thread never reached Christine Michael status. Waldman is a better talent evaluator than most, but he completely whiffed on this one. Y'all need to let it go.
No one said he was a world beater. But he deserved better than all his WR's dropping passes that were right in their hands. He'll improve and be ready for his next chance.
I'm really not sure why you defend this guy so much unless it's schtick, or he's a relative, but either way Rypien's had a shot to produce. He got a look in Denver, and just had another good opportunity to put quality football on tape for LA. He's failed in that regard and has a career QB rating sub-60. QBR is in the 20's. He's obviously got NFL talent, but something's missing. Sometimes the NFL scouts are right. This appears to be one of those cases. Maybe a good practice team guy?
I've mentioned many times in here that he's a relative of mine.

He does have NFL talent. Pretty decent arm, but no mobility and compared to most NFL qb's, extremely low on the 'physically gifted' scale. He's been praised by many former teammates/coaches for his football IQ, ability to read defenses, X's and O's, etc. Had a great career at Boise and I see no reason why he can't be a solid backup in the league as he's a great addition to the QB room and helping the starter prepare.
Never read that, so thank you. Makes sense why you'd cheer for the guy and I applaud you for doing so. I wish everyone the best in the NFL, including Rypien, and I honestly liked Rypien's potential in Denver but for now it seems like the sun is setting on his hopes at being a relevant starter in the NFL. The problem I have with him is when he comes into games either as a backup or a starter, I don't see any fire. I want a spark from my backup, Rypien hasn't really been able to show that in his 3+ years. He's got something to like about him or he wouldn't have caught on with 2 different teams as the #2 already.
Yeah, I mean the guy made it to the NFL so that is an accomplishment in and of itself. Good luck to him going forward. Maybe a QB coaching job in his future?

Brutally bad. At least the thread never reached Christine Michael status. Waldman is a better talent evaluator than most, but he completely whiffed on this one. Y'all need to let it go.
No one said he was a world beater. But he deserved better than all his WR's dropping passes that were right in their hands. He'll improve and be ready for his next chance.
I'm really not sure why you defend this guy so much unless it's schtick, or he's a relative, but either way Rypien's had a shot to produce. He got a look in Denver, and just had another good opportunity to put quality football on tape for LA. He's failed in that regard and has a career QB rating sub-60. QBR is in the 20's. He's obviously got NFL talent, but something's missing. Sometimes the NFL scouts are right. This appears to be one of those cases. Maybe a good practice team guy?
I've mentioned many times in here that he's a relative of mine.

He does have NFL talent. Pretty decent arm, but no mobility and compared to most NFL qb's, extremely low on the 'physically gifted' scale. He's been praised by many former teammates/coaches for his football IQ, ability to read defenses, X's and O's, etc. Had a great career at Boise and I see no reason why he can't be a solid backup in the league as he's a great addition to the QB room and helping the starter prepare.
Never read that, so thank you. Makes sense why you'd cheer for the guy and I applaud you for doing so. I wish everyone the best in the NFL, including Rypien, and I honestly liked Rypien's potential in Denver but for now it seems like the sun is setting on his hopes at being a relevant starter in the NFL. The problem I have with him is when he comes into games either as a backup or a starter, I don't see any fire. I want a spark from my backup, Rypien hasn't really been able to show that in his 3+ years. He's got something to like about him or he wouldn't have caught on with 2 different teams as the #2 already.
Yeah, I mean the guy made it to the NFL so that is an accomplishment in and of itself. Good luck to him going forward. Maybe a QB coaching job in his future?
I do think coaching could be in his future but I'm not giving up on him landing somewhere yet. Hopes of him being a long term starter in the league are pretty much done tho.

I guess I can go back to hating the Rams now lol.

honestly, cutting boyle is what makes the jets, amongst other things, a terrible organization. you are 4-8 and dead as a door nail. trot out boyle to lose the last 5. no reason to jeopardize losing out to play a guy that might pull a game out somewhere…..god forbid we beat washington or NE. rypien is garbage, but my deceased dog who had no thumbs is better than boyle.

trot out boyle to lose the last 5

This is exactly what they should do, but they've even bungled the Zach Wilson situation to the point where he doesn't want to start and they're protecting him.

Feel bad for Rypien behind that line.
here’s the weird thing….if they ran a wildcat for 1/2 the game, would it have been better than this recent mess? basically, make breece the facilitator.

Users who are viewing this thread