What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you've been burned by- Not Recommended (1 Viewer)

avoiding injuries

Footballguy
The other product thread was very helpful. This one might not be as much, but we can share experiences that may help others, and at the least, let us vent.

I bought an appliance package in November and went with Frigidaire based on a nice sale. Right away, the fridge sounded like an 18 wheeler was idling in my driveway, so a repairman had to come make adjustments to the fan and replace some other parts. It still a little loud when it kicks on (much more than the 10yr old whirlpool I replaced) but it's tolerable.

Earlier this week the dishwasher stopped working mid-cycle. Now it won't even turn on. Repair man is coming next week.

While both are under warranty, I'm a little disappointed I cut costs going with them.

What have you bought that you don't recommend?

mcdonalds that stuff makes me lay down some brown almost instantly brohans take that to the bank

Horrible in every way. Sales people are lazy, know nothing **** bags, products are junk. Craftsman anything is a joke. I love the whole free replacement BS. How about instead, I just buy an open end wrench that wont break in my hand, or sockets that don't split in two every other use. I truly don't know how they are still in business.

Horrible in every way. Sales people are lazy, know nothing **** bags, products are junk. Craftsman anything is a joke. I love the whole free replacement BS. How about instead, I just buy an open end wrench that wont break in my hand, or sockets that don't split in two every other use. I truly don't know how they are still in business.
Their products are junk? They sell other manufacturers stuff not unlike everybody else.

All department store salesmen are garbage.

Delivery service is on par with every other appliance delivery option - ask Chet.

I've never broken a a craftsman wrench. Is it possible you were using the wrong tool for the job?

I'll second the Frigidaire appliances comment. Got one of those bundle packages that came with fridge, dishwasher, microwave, and stove for a house we were moving out of and wanted to "upgrade to stainless" to help sell. (full disclaimer- we had a bunch of mismatch appliances that were all nearing the end of their expected life).

Microwave was the best of the bunch but felt and sounded cheap. The GE it replaced was made much better. New one had same options as one 6-10 years old, but I guess it's only a microwave so what do you expect.

Stove was ok- again not much to it. Our old oven seemed to ride a roller coaster in terms of heating so this was an improvement over the old, but it too felt cheap

Dishwasher was loud, and in a small kitchen would pretty much drown out any conversation unless you were standing next to each other. Cleaned dishes on average at best and we (meaning the Mrs.) prewashes all of ours. Limited features as well.

But by far the worst was the fridge. I HATED that damn fridge. Little to no flexibility in terms of rack placement, was loud and would shimmy a little when it kicked on, but the worst was every time you shut the fridge door the freezer door would pop open. I'm not talking you slam the door, or kick it shut with your leg, I'm talking any time you shut it short of giving it butterfly kisses. You basically had to shut the fridge, then freezer, then check both every single time you got into it. I can't tell you how many times I came down to start the coffee in the morning and the damn freezer door was wide open. Hundreds of $ wasted between food and electricity. The culprit was that there was an air passage (duct work) between the freezer and the fridge. Instead of freezing the freezer and cooling the fridge they let the cold air from the freezer fall and cool the fridge. All fridges may work like this but they made this one wrong as the closing of the fridge door created enough force in air pressure to crack the seal on the freezer. Total P.O.S.

I will never own another Frigidaire product again.

After dealing with Cablevision as my only choice in my building, whenever I move I will now only move into an apartment building that has multiple options for internet and TV. I don't anticipate moving out of the city so I doubt I will move into a house, but the same would go for that. I will never get stuck having to use just one company or nothing for these services again, but Cablevision in particular is horrid.

USED to be quality tools when made in USA. Now it's cheap chinese crap...

Their products are junk? They sell other manufacturers stuff not unlike everybody else.

All department store salesmen are garbage.

Delivery service is on par with every other appliance delivery option - ask Chet.

I've never broken a a craftsman wrench. Is it possible you were using the wrong tool for the job?
Right, but in my experience, it's all crap. Craftsman anything being a great example.

Maybe, but Sears seems worse. Also picking appliances up at the store is a nightmare.

Can't really speak to their delivery, but I have to assume they are the worst in the industry.

Not sure how I can use a 9/16 open end wrench improperly. I wasn't jacking up a bulldozer with it, I was loosening a nut. Happened more than once. When you do return one, notice a five gallon bucket full of broken wrenches behind the counter that they throw the old ones into. It's not just me.

Obviously we've had two very different experiences. Glad it worked out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread