What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (2 Viewers)

proninja said:
I looked around my living room and almost all of my furniture is from Cost Plus World Market. Good value - a little more $$ than Ikea, but much better stuff, and going to the store doesn't make me homicidal.
seconded, good call

Just bought the Bayer advanced weed killer. It was $3 more than the roundup and the HD employee working that aisle said to buy the roundup. I politely told him that my internet friends recommended I get this and then I walked to the self checkout.

In going to apply it this afternoon. I have a little sumac on the side of the house that will be the real test.

My dry cleaners has free pick up and delivery. Best thing ever, although it makes send about twice as much stuff out for cleaning.

Costco prepared foods are really good....we're huge fans of the chicken tortilla soup and five cheese tortellini. Surprisingly healthier than I expected too.

For folks using the Bayer Advanced....are you spot spraying, or just spraying the entire lawn?
Not for the lawn - its for concrete - its going to kill any growing thing it touches.
http://www.bayeradvanced.com/find-a-product/lawn-care/weed-killer-for-lawns
Gotcha ...sorry. I have only seen/used the one for concrete. Really get sick of having to keep spraying those bastards - cracks, etc. Works great.

Anyone have a Sex Doll Hoodie?

A Dutch artist named Sander Reijgers is recycling inflatable sex dolls into the most bizarre clothing. Perfect for a rainy weather, these waterproof hoodies were made by customizing existing tracksuit tops with heads, breasts and other pieces from 50 blow-up dolls that Sanders received from a “sponsor”.

Just bought the Bayer advanced weed killer. It was $3 more than the roundup and the HD employee working that aisle said to buy the roundup. I politely told him that my internet friends recommended I get this and then I walked to the self checkout.

In going to apply it this afternoon. I have a little sumac on the side of the house that will be the real test.
Chose Bayer the other day based solely on this thread. Just sprayed a little while ago.

Tiger Fan said:
For folks using the Bayer Advanced....are you spot spraying, or just spraying the entire lawn?
Depends on my problem. Sometimes, in my back yard, over the winter I will get really large areas of clover, so I'll buy a bottle and use my hose. Then the rest of the year I spot treat with concentrate mixed in my backpack sprayer.

I bought a craftsman 6.25 H lawnmower at Sears 19 yrs ago, still mows like a mule. Bought a tent from sears 25 yrs ago, still works great. Have bought multiple appliances from sears last 20 yrs, dishwasher, washer&dryer, stove, fridge, all works and no issues, so Sears

Tiger Fan said:
Depends on my problem. Sometimes, in my back yard, over the winter I will get really large areas of clover, so I'll buy a bottle and use my hose. Then the rest of the year I spot treat with concentrate mixed in my backpack sprayer.
It kills everything? If so, you toss seed into the dead spots?

proninja said:
tommyboy said:
proninja said:
I looked around my living room and almost all of my furniture is from Cost Plus World Market. Good value - a little more $$ than Ikea, but much better stuff, and going to the store doesn't make me homicidal.
seconded, good call
Also, they do a big furniture sale in January
We never got furniture, we did get mirrors, rugs and kitchen ware. The stuff they carry, all awesome

Tiger Fan said:
The one I linked doesn't kill lawn

Amazon prime

Anything Stihl

Makita Impact driver

Kubota tractor

Samsung TV

Channel Lock Pliers

Wiha screwdrivers

Dyson Vac

Griots car care products

Logitech

Scotts 4 step

tbc

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of Makita, their gold bits are awesome. That set comes with, I think, 12-13 #2 phillips bits, but I'm not sure why anyone would need that many. I'm pretty good a breaking bits, but I haven't found a way to break one of the Makita ones yet. That set isn't very expensive, and it comes with what would likely be a near lifetime of #2 bits for most people. There's no reason to deal with cheap bits with those available.

The bitholder is different, and works okay, but I prefer a standard bitholder.

Never used that Makita impact everyone's raving about, but I do love my Hitachi impact. I'm sure the Makita is better, but for $100 less (for comparable 18V lithium drill/driver combo), the Hitachi is plenty suitable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Costco rules. We kicked Sams Club to the curb - that place sucks. It's just a bigger Wal-Mart.
Neither here, closest is about 30 miles away, but we are getting a Sam's soon. Yay? <_< We've been teased with Costco for years, maybe now that Sam's is coming Costco will follow.
Don't know anything about your market, but the bolded might not mean much. Sam's has been in the city I live in and the city I come from both for around 20 years, give or take, with no Costco in sight. I'd assume a city needs to be up well over 100K for a market to support both.

I'd love to have a Costco too, but I like Sam's quite a bit.

Tiger Fan said:
No...just the weeds and crabgrass.

Bartenders helper ...the best cleaning solution ive ever used...nothing short of amazing...i first used it on my toilet after using a snake to unclog it...the scratches were so bad i thought i had to replace the whole toilet...then i read about this product...went to Home Depot and paid less than 4 dollars ...it not only cleaned the toilet it made the scratches disappear...gone ...looks brand new...i now use it on everything...bath tub...glass top stove ...i havent found one thing it can't clean

Tiger Fan said:
Costco prepared foods are really good....we're huge fans of the chicken tortilla soup and five cheese tortellini. Surprisingly healthier than I expected too.
Love their chicken noodle soup, and their chicken pot pie.

Binky The Doormat said:
Tiger Fan said:
Not for the lawn - its for concrete - its going to kill any growing thing it touches.
Bayer makes a product for lawns.

Tiger Fan said:
Binky The Doormat said:
Tiger Fan said:
With that said, if you're following along in the lawn care thread, I have a lot of brown spots early, and I'm wondering if they correspond to where I sprayed. Have never had a problem with this, though.

Bartenders helper ...the best cleaning solution ive ever used...nothing short of amazing...i first used it on my toilet after using a snake to unclog it...the scratches were so bad i thought i had to replace the whole toilet...then i read about this product...went to Home Depot and paid less than 4 dollars ...it not only cleaned the toilet it made the scratches disappear...gone ...looks brand new...i now use it on everything...bath tub...glass top stove ...i havent found one thing it can't clean
Pretty sure you meant Bar Keepers Friend.

Tiger Fan said:
Binky The Doormat said:
Tiger Fan said:
With that said, if you're following along in the lawn care thread, I have a lot of brown spots early, and I'm wondering if they correspond to where I sprayed. Have never had a problem with this, though.
If you have some fine fescue in your lawn, it usually doesnt do well with either weedmaster or bayers. End up w spots. Just have to overseed to replant those spots

Costco rules. We kicked Sams Club to the curb - that place sucks. It's just a bigger Wal-Mart.
Neither here, closest is about 30 miles away, but we are getting a Sam's soon. Yay? <_< We've been teased with Costco for years, maybe now that Sam's is coming Costco will follow.
Don't know anything about your market, but the bolded might not mean much. Sam's has been in the city I live in and the city I come from both for around 20 years, give or take, with no Costco in sight. I'd assume a city needs to be up well over 100K for a market to support both.

I'd love to have a Costco too, but I like Sam's quite a bit.
Sam's coming would have no influence on Costco coming for sure but in the 2 surrounding markets where there's a Sam's a Costco is nearby. So hoping that becomes the case here. Being a small market here is certainly an issue.

Pretty sure you meant Bar Keepers Friend.
Could be and if so they also make a liquid specifically for ceramic stovetops.

Users who are viewing this thread