What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (2 Viewers)

I have the step on one. Don't really see the need for a motion activated one. 

We've had the same simple human can in our kitchen for 15 years.  It's great. But no way am I buying a trash can just to turn around and shell out money for specific bags.

I've had this one for about a year now.  Once you get used to it opening on its own you can't go back.  So convenient. Especially because I always seem to have a bunch of stuff in my hands. I definitely would have been against buying one, my wife did, but I would have been wrong. 

In regards to designer or proprietary trash bags, you only need something close in size. Mine are too big but so whst, works fine. 

EKO Mirage X 80 Liter / 21.1 Gallons Motion Sensor Trash can, Brushed Stainless Steel

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RX5DL27/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_3PMEZ8RSEDS4C0MPHCM3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

If you have a regular bike you can get one of these.  It what I did and has worked fine for 4 years now. 

Bike Trainer Stand Bicycle Trainers Road Bike Trainer for Indoor Riding Magnetic Bike Trainer with 5 Levels Resistance

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I576SM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_RCK3RSDR1A5NGJW9ABPX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the rec on these.  Got my wife a set for her birthday and she basically thought it was a gag gift.  I said "just wait, this was a direct recommendation from my gb ifriends in the Products you Believe In thread."  She was somewhat incredulous, to say the least.  But once I got them on the chair, she couldn't stop talking about them, having others test them out, etc.

Gotta love this thread :)

Add me to the list of happy customers.  Ordered Monday, arrived today, installed in under a minute... clear difference.  Quiet and smooth rolling, and a touch of height added to the chair.  

Add me to the list of happy customers.  Ordered Monday, arrived today, installed in under a minute... clear difference.  Quiet and smooth rolling, and a touch of height added to the chair.  
There are a million manufacturers of these.  I've had them for about 15 years across 4 chairs and love the Rollerblade wheels.  I haven't had any problems with any of the manufacturers I've used.

CoolCabanas

Bought one of these to use when we go to the beach and they are awesome. Just check your local ordinances because some locations don't allow certain shade devices.

That's pretty nice.  Certainly worlds better than the slanted sun shade things that people have started using.  Several times we've set up and had someone come cram in right in front of us with this big angled thing that completely blocks the view.  I didn't come to the beach to see the side of your 20' sun shade.  Beach tents have generally gotten out of hand in my opinion.  More places need to start mandating size limits on things - at least up close to the water.  Do anything you want on the back half of the beach, but don't construct a sun fortress right on the front row.  

Any good pillows out there?  I scanned the thread and didn't see anything in the last few years.  And the ones mentioned were the mypillow guy.  

No scared to drop a little coin on something I use 8 hours a day.  Currently have the contoured tempurpedic pillow.  

Any good pillows out there?  I scanned the thread and didn't see anything in the last few years.  And the ones mentioned were the mypillow guy.  

No scared to drop a little coin on something I use 8 hours a day.  Currently have the contoured tempurpedic pillow.  
If you’re primarily a side sleeper look up The Cube on Amazon.  Took a few days to get used to but it pretty instantly erased any shoulder and sciatic back pain when I woke up. 

I use a Nest pillow. It had enough foam in it for my wife, and was easy enough to remove for me that I was able to pull out a ton and make a second pillow.

Very comfy, very cool, and the right height now for my head the way I sleep. Basically eliminated any sleep-related neck issues I used to have. I went on a long odyssey of searching and trying before settling here.

I use a Nest pillow. It had enough foam in it for my wife, and was easy enough to remove for me that I was able to pull out a ton and make a second pillow.

Very comfy, very cool, and the right height now for my head the way I sleep. Basically eliminated any sleep-related neck issues I used to have. I went on a long odyssey of searching and trying before settling here.
Can you provide a link?  Is it Nestl?

Well Amazon has something called Nestl pillows, but no Nest pillows.  Thanks for being a typical gooner fan.
Had to poke a little fun my friend. Anytime the very first google result is the right one is a good opportunity. Hope you're avoiding the storm up in Stilly!

Evidently it is different.  I'm leaning towards the Zoey on Amazon, just because it also appears to be an adjustable amount of foam, is on Prime, and returns are so easy w/ Amazon.
I thought Nestl looked pretty good So I went with it.  I'll check this one out too.  

I love a good pillow.  

I adopted a dog a couple of months ago and since then I've come to the realization that I need a new vacuum.  Any recommendations for $300 or less? 

Last edited by a moderator:
RC94 said:
I adopted a dog a couple of months ago and since then I've come to the realization that I need a new vacuum.  Any recommendations for $300 or less? 
Shark Navigator.  It's embarrassing how much more it pulled out of our carpet right after we vacuumed with our old Kenmore.  We've had it for about 5 years now and it's been great.  Inexpensive and available in Sam's or Amazon.

RC94 said:
We bought a Dyson when my daughter turned one. So 11 years ago. I will never buy another brand. A little more than $300 but worth it. I think we paid 4 bills for ours.

RC94 said:
Get a refurbished Dyson Animal.  Cordless, light, rechargeable.  Love mine and makes me not dread hauling out a vacuum.  

ETA: I thought I remember paying $300 about 2 yrs ago, but looks like the one I got is $400 now.

https://a.co/d/7iDLBKv

This is interesting.  I may go over my $300 limit for the right vacuum.
It’s like a high powered vacuuming broom. For pet hair daily it’s perfect. The cordless is key.  Through Amazon you could always get and just easily return if not a fan. Just an idea. 

Weird, not sure.  Looks like will be just fine from what I can see.  Just because it's silver and not purple?!  lol.    
I bought it.  I agree about the cordless feature.  Living in a city I don't have much space so this should make it easier to maneuver around all of my stuff.  It's more than I planed on spending but for a difference making feature like that, I think it can be worth it.  Thanks for the recommendation. 

I bought it.  I agree about the cordless feature.  Living in a city I don't have much space so this should make it easier to maneuver around all of my stuff.  It's more than I planed on spending but for a difference making feature like that, I think it can be worth it.  Thanks for the recommendation. 
You'll be glad you spent the extra for cordless and light (and dumping out the dirt into the trash is easy too).    There's both a regular and MAX setting.  The max setting runs through the battery quicker but you still get 12-15 mins in that setting so for your smaller city place is perfect.  Just recharge it after every use and you'll be good.

Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Lithium Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum, Purple https://a.co/d/c6lJB7E

We have that for $70. It's not designed to vacuum the whole house but for pet hair it works really well. Especially for being cheap and cordless.

We tried a couple of different stand-up stick models. Not the high-end stuff, but $250-ish models that claimed to be able to handle pet hair.

They were all completely useless with pet hair, and the little pet hair eraser is much better.

So there's a dirt cheap option if you want to try it. 

Ordered!

Had a lot of catching up to do in this thread but hot sauce ordered and probably going to get the trim puller. (insert puns here)

I'm good on underwear though.
Woot! I’m not sure if any of my coupon codes work any more - I changed to a “bull discount” model.

I assume it’s the 4-pack gift box? if you’d like I can include a couple that aren’t on the website. Let me know! 

Late to the party but I have fallen in love with Buckwheat pillows. Very firm, but conforming. 

Sobakawa Traditional Buckwheat Standard Size Pillow  https://a.co/d/hhyNmbR

You can buy more buckwheat and adjust fill to your liking. 

Get a refurbished Dyson Animal.  Cordless, light, rechargeable.  Love mine and makes me not dread hauling out a vacuum.  

ETA: I thought I remember paying $300 about 2 yrs ago, but looks like the one I got is $400 now.

https://a.co/d/7iDLBKv
Got this Greenworks cordless vacuum for like $160 on Prime Day and LOVE it. Mounts to the wall and is very powerful (many reviews say even more than the Dyson but who knows).  

It's lightweight, has 3 power levels with a digital display counting down minutes of charge remaining, which is handy.  I've used it full length as well as in short configuration as a Dustbuster and it works awesome. Very easy to clean too. 

Small bonus, the battery pack has ports to charge phones/laptops if the power goes out or you need it while traveling. 

Greenworks 24V Brushless Cordless Stick Vacuum, Lightweight, Handheld, Pet, Anti-Allergen HEPA Filtration, Hard Floor, Carpet, Car, 4Ah Battery, and 30-Minute Charge Time (White)

https://a.co/d/a6Frpm4

Got this Greenworks cordless vacuum for like $160 on Prime Day and LOVE it. Mounts to the wall and is very powerful (many reviews say even more than the Dyson but who knows).  

It's lightweight, has 3 power levels with a digital display counting down minutes of charge remaining, which is handy.  I've used it full length as well as in short configuration as a Dustbuster and it works awesome. Very easy to clean too. 

Small bonus, the battery pack has ports to charge phones/laptops if the power goes out or you need it while traveling. 

Greenworks 24V Brushless Cordless Stick Vacuum, Lightweight, Handheld, Pet, Anti-Allergen HEPA Filtration, Hard Floor, Carpet, Car, 4Ah Battery, and 30-Minute Charge Time (White)

I’m in the market for a vacuum, going to try this one out 👍

Nice.  The timer that tells you how much longer you have battery for is a nice feature. 

Marmot

I have a handful of Marmot items, but my favorite has been my Precip jacket for some time now: I picked it up on sale in 2007 for $62.  The jacket has evolved a bit since then with a better fit and a few bells and whistles added - I have been thinking about upgrading it, but it still worked for the most part.  The one issue I had was when wearing a backpack with the hood up, I would notice that my neck was getting damp.  Upon closer inspection I realized that the interior lining was worn away. so I decided to research the Marmot warranty to see if I had a claim. 

I fully expected it to fall under the "normal wear and tear" exception, but I opened a claim and loaded a photo of it anyway.  I had to make a phone call to follow up and was on the phone for less than 2 minutes before the rep had a brand new replacement shipped to me for free.  She said it would take 5-10 days because they were in the middle of a warehouse inventory... but I got the jacket today - less then 48 hours later. 

I am pretty stoked - I have been a fan for a while, but this type of service has made them my 1st choice going forward.
I have a similar story concerning a ~$500 Arcteryx jacket. Great brand, great company. Worth the premium.

Splurge Alert. YETI Trailhead camping chair, $300. Find discounts through ****'s Sporting Goods, REI, etc. and save 10-20%.

Beautiful. comfortable, easily portable, camping chair.

I love most things YETI, including this. I bought it for me for my 50th, mostly for the insane amount of kids soccer we'll have in the years ahead. We picnic a lot and occasionally overnight camp too, maybe 1-2x/year. 

Keep it away from fires. I've read sparks melt the mesh fabric.

Is the Lawnmower the best down there hair trimmer?

Any other suggestions?

My old one broke.
Norelco Bodygroomer.  Has both a trimmer and a foil shaver in one.  Tip:  don't press hard on the foil shaver...just let it glide over the skin and it actually works better (and avoids getting ingrown hairs/rash)

Users who are viewing this thread