What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Products you believe in - Let's hear 'em (3 Viewers)

Caputo pizza flour

EPSON 5030UB 3D projector

Flavacol popcorn salt

Any beer from Founders or Bells.
So you like the Flavacol? I was going to invest in a popper based on Trembley's recommendation and saw this with it on Amazon. Do you use butter as well or does this stuff do the job?
Coconut or peanut oil + flavacol is enough for great popcorn. I prefer peanut popping oil because it has the same great taste but stays a liquid at room temp so cleaning up afterwards is easier. The oil + flavacol will give the popcorn a buttery taste of the movies.

If you want the "buttery" topping used in theaters then get Odell's Supur Kist II or even Orville Redenbacher's oil, heat it for 30-45 seconds in the microwave and pour on the popped corn. The stuff doesn't taste all that great on it's own but put it on popcorn with flavacol and it is excellent.

Best upgrade you can do to a computer. :thumbup:

Since this thread is brand specific, I like Crucial.
I like my Samsung SSDs but I don't think you can really go wrong between these two brands of SSD.
Aside from heat(?), what are the benefits?
speed. Apps load quicker, the computer boots quicker.. even web browsing is quicker.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

I like my Samsung SSDs but I don't think you can really go wrong between these two brands of SSD.
Incredible speed. Want to blow the doors off your laptop or desktop? Throw an SSD in there.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
These t-shirts on amazon. For the price you can't beat the fit and feel. Hold up well after washing.
First review says these are not the same as they once were. When did you last order these shirts? I mean for the price I'm willing to gamble the $, but wanted clarification.
There are a bunch of different styles. I think that's where the confusion sets in for people. The ones I linked are really lightweight. My advice would be to get only one and see if you like it. It's a cheap shirt that's pretty decent and comfy. Nothing more.

Speaking of flip flops, love me my Chacos flip flops. Where those all summer and that's including work time haters.
Love feelgoodz flip flops. The most comfortable flops I've ever worn. All natural rubber. Had mine for 4 years now and I wear them alot. The only sign of wear is that the orange label is just now starting to peel away slightly, but I put these things through hell and back.

http://www.feelgoodz.com/
I have high arches so couldn't wear those. Chacos has some really nice arch support.

Does anyone have a printer they believe in? I bought an Epson inkjet about a year ago because it was cheap and I'm ready to just throw it away. It doesn't work most of the time. It's constantly jamming, prints blurry, the paper doesn't go through straight, the ink heads clog easily, it won't even try to print if one cartridge is even close to low on ink. I'm just looking for something that prints documents in black and white. I have no need for color and no interest in printing photos.
Get a laser printer. Toners for any brand can be found cheaply on ebay. I've had good experiences with Lexmark, HP, Samsung.
something like this?
Good topic, I'm about ready to chuck my inkjet. The last 2 I've had over the past 10 years just burn through ink. Tired of crappy looking or way too expensive print jobs. There doesn't seem to be anything solid and in between the two (full price name brand ink or low quality refill ink) for ink jet.

SO...is a laser printer the answer? If so, any suggestions for a good color printer?

MyPillow - premium

I was skeptical given the cheesy ads, but had heard good things. Best pillow I've ever slept on. It took a couple of days to get use to the different feel of it, but I've never slept better than I have in the last month since purchasing one. YMMV.
Seconded. The wife came home with a pair of these a few days ago. Fan-freakin-tastic.
What position do you guys sleep in? These looks way too thick for us stomach/side sleepers.
$110 for two king pillows? Are they that good?
I'm a side sleeper. When you purchase the pillow it takes you through a simple questionnaire to determine which model of pillow is best for you. Even though the pillow is very thick, the way it lays down around my head is fantastic. I think the reason I'm sleeping so well is that the pillow is keeping my head in a comfortable yet generally immobile position. The way it forms around my head/neck is unlike any pillow I've ever used.

Like Invisible Glass a lot. Meh on Thermacell - works well if you are hanging in one spot on a calm night, but any kind of wind and it's not all that great.

Cast iron skillet

Thermacell
I had to google thermacell...they have a bunch of products. You talking about this one?

I'm desperate for mosquito relief.
Yup. They're hands down the best thing going for mosquito repellent. They're a must here in Aug/Sept.
awesome, my camping and back porch sitting is pretty much nonexistent from about now thru October here.
Why does it say "not to be used in backyard settings"?

Cast iron skillet

Thermacell
I had to google thermacell...they have a bunch of products. You talking about this one?

Yup. They're hands down the best thing going for mosquito repellent. They're a must here in Aug/Sept.
awesome, my camping and back porch sitting is pretty much nonexistent from about now thru October here.
I think they're advertising a particular scent used for hunting. Probably pointless to pay more for the "dirt" scented one and just use it hanging out.

Cast iron skillet

Thermacell

Think that pertains to the earth scented wicks only, but I don't understand why that is. They make bigger lanterns for backyards/camping, etc.

If you're worried on a windy day, just move it closer to you. I won't go shooting, hunting, etc without one (I clip it on my belt when I'm on the move).

Good topic, I'm about ready to chuck my inkjet. The last 2 I've had over the past 10 years just burn through ink. Tired of crappy looking or way too expensive print jobs. There doesn't seem to be anything solid and in between the two (full price name brand ink or low quality refill ink) for ink jet.

SO...is a laser printer the answer? If so, any suggestions for a good color printer?
This is as close as I could find to the color laser I have. The models go out of production so fast it's crazy.

http://www.amazon.com/Lexmark-CS310n-Color-Printers-Printer/dp/B009SM8GYS

Been rock solid and an aftermarket complete set of high yield toner was only $110.

I will never ever go back to an inkjet again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a printer they believe in? I bought an Epson inkjet about a year ago because it was cheap and I'm ready to just throw it away. It doesn't work most of the time. It's constantly jamming, prints blurry, the paper doesn't go through straight, the ink heads clog easily, it won't even try to print if one cartridge is even close to low on ink. I'm just looking for something that prints documents in black and white. I have no need for color and no interest in printing photos.
Get a laser printer. Toners for any brand can be found cheaply on ebay. I've had good experiences with Lexmark, HP, Samsung.
something like this?

I recently bought a HP Laserjet 200 Pro MD251nw. I like it, it's a bit slow, but since I still have a B&W MFC printer (Brother MFC7360N) so if I need to print something quick and easy, I'm set. I mainly bought this for the kids to use for school stuff, but it's nice to be able to print every once in a while wirelessly from an iDevice. I haven't had to buy replacement toner for it yet.

Dyson - wife has asthma. I had no idea that a vacuum made that much of a difference. I was a slob and this thing is incredible.

Netflix - best $8 a month I spend

Sperry boat shoes - I buy a new pair maybe every 2-3 years and wear them constantly.

Panasonic tvs have served me very well.

something like this?

I use this one and it's absolutely outstanding: http://www.amazon.com/HP-LaserJet-CP1525nw-Printer-CE875A/dp/B0044XSNHG (check other places for a better price though)

I used heavy color in my side business and this printed better than the professional prints I paid for at Office Depot, Fed Ex, etc.

Only caveat is that you have to use the HP brand ink...don't cheap out on the generic.

If you want great quality, this is it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Incredible speed. Want to blow the doors off your laptop or desktop? Throw an SSD in there.
Just to expand on this a bit since I didn't have time earlier:

My desktop is built for gaming power. It is a top-of-the-line machine. Before I replaced my hard drives with SSDs, I would say that it booted in about 45-50 seconds. Nothing to sneeze at but not super speedy. When I start my computer now, it takes about 10-12 seconds to hit the password page. As soon as I hit enter, Windows boots and I can open any program immediately. I'm not sitting around waiting for the boot process to complete. It already did. All installations are incredibly faster. I believe that it only took something like 45 minutes to an hour to reinstall Windows on an SSD. And maybe another 30 - 40 minutes for the updates to download and install. Every program you use will be using a some portion of SSD and RAM to open and run. Changing how quickly the processor, RAM, and hard drive can access each other will significantly increase program speeds. This hard drive upgrade is HUGE. I usually do not have time to read cut-scenes in video games because they go by too quickly on this rig.

When I bought my laptop, it had some regular hard drive and a 20 GB SSD on the motherboard (20 GB? Why?). I immediately removed the hard drive and installed a Samsung SSD. I installed Windows on the Samsung SSD and use the pathetic 20 GB SSD on the motherboard for the Windows pagefile. My work Outlook account PST is about 7 GB in size (probably around 65k emails) yet Outlook still opens in about 5-7 seconds. Takes a bit of time because a 7 GB PST is a bit of a monster but it might take better than a minute on a normal hard drive.

And, yes, they also run cooler but performance is what you mainly get out of SSD drives, IMO. Once you go SSD, you never go back.

Columbia ski jackets

Smith sunglasses

Savage Arms rifles

Bilstein shocks

K&N air filters

Mt Hood Roasters coffee, best in the world

Anything from Bose

Paradigm speakers

Denon amps/receivers

Any Epson digital projector

Dell computers

Little Cleo fishing lure, kills trout in streams