What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pro Football Weekly Goes On Line Only (1 Viewer)

Mr. Mojo

Footballguy
I just got a letter from Pro Football Weekly that they will not send out the printed copy anymore and on-line is the only option.

That's not a horrible thing but when I went to download their new program, it hijacked my home page and added a tool bar with a bunch of crap on it that I didn't want. I was able to get rid of the toolbar finally but when I use their site, it has a pop up ad on every page (the same stupid ad).

Looks like I'll be cancelling and getting a credit on the remaining issues.

Anyone else expereince this?

That is sad, can't say that I have picked up a copy of PFW in some time, where I live now in Miami there really are not a lot of news stands. In Los Angeles and Santa Monica where I use to live, they were everywhere and reading seemed to be encouraged. You can draw your own conclusions to what I am implying.

Print is going bye bye and has for a lot of things over the last 10-15 years, it's only going to get worse or better depending on your perspective. I would likely not subscribe but you make a compelling reason for FBG to not try and push pop up ads with their site which hopefully they never do.

Thanks for the heads up

Was just thinking about PFW yesterday and why I don't but it anymore. That's because I hadn't been seeing it at my local 7-Elevens and Barnes & Nobles in a long while. Stop & Shop was the only store in which I have seen a PFW in the past year.

Ehh, Sports Weekly is better anyway and is more updated.

I hated that PFW would go to print on Mondays before the MNF game. Made such little sense for them to do that.

I just got a letter from Pro Football Weekly that they will not send out the printed copy anymore and on-line is the only option.

That's not a horrible thing but when I went to download their new program, it hijacked my home page and added a tool bar with a bunch of crap on it that I didn't want. I was able to get rid of the toolbar finally but when I use their site, it has a pop up ad on every page (the same stupid ad).

Looks like I'll be cancelling and getting a credit on the remaining issues.

Anyone else expereince this?
Stop printing the paper edition and make the online edition a nightmare for subscribers...BRILLIANT!

They might as well. This used to be my mainstay to pick up at airports when travelling and only rarely have I been able to find it the past couple years.

PFW has always been difficult to get in print. When I was in high school (mid-late 1980s), there were only a few places in San Diego that carried it. Before I subscribed, I had to drive about 20 minutes each way to the nearest liquor store that sold it.

When I was in college, there was a place just off campus that sold it. I remember stopping to buy it on my way to class, then sitting down to read it on my way to class, then not making it to class. That happened a bunch of times.

That was in the Joel Buchsbaum days. It hasn't been nearly the same since.

In any case, I really don't see the point in printing it on paper anymore. Printing and mailing is such an inefficient delivery mechanism.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread