What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (1 Viewer)

here i thought "maui wowie" was just something made up to describe weed as a kid.

nope. a real strain. just ordered some from my LP for 22$ for 3.5gr. Cant wait to give it a try. should be here tuesday

here i thought "maui wowie" was just something made up to describe weed as a kid.

nope. a real strain. just ordered some from my LP for 22$ for 3.5gr. Cant wait to give it a try. should be here tuesday
I remember being in Hawaii as a youth and trying some of that.   After being raised on Mexican swag, that stuff was life changing.  The bud was so sticky you could post it to the wall and it wouldn't fall.  Growers have caught up but that stuff was incredible for its time.  

I remember being in Hawaii as a youth and trying some of that.   After being raised on Mexican swag, that stuff was life changing.  The bud was so sticky you could post it to the wall and it wouldn't fall.  Growers have caught up but that stuff was incredible for its time.  
I remember back in the day we used to call it "Hawaiian".  It was some of the best pot I could get in those days and it came around rarely.

Acapulco Gold, Skunk, Colombian Gold, Thai Stick, Afghani & Panama Red are some other old strains I remember. 

Here in KY, tho - in 80s, we never really thought of them as "strains" or even formal "names".

Rather, we just assumed they were descriptors - like British bike, Chinese vase, Canadian beer, German tater salad, French kiss, Spanish fly, Turkey legs... and the like. 

It wasn't until legalization & dispensaries arrived that I began to encounter formal strain names. 

At first, I thought it was stupid. 

Now, I know better. 

I can't wait till I get my own candy store here. It should be soon. 

🙂

Here in Ontario (just this month) the "first round" of legal dispensaries have finally opened up. Visited the one in my city, and meh. 

I mean... it's great for those who didnt have a legal or secure way of getting herbs. The selection is pretty decent. I didnt buy a thing, personally... The prices are obscene, imo.

My medical producer provides 2 of its strains to the OCB (ontario cannabis store) and it's 3$ more per GRAM at the store

No thanks. But it's new and it's still in the experimental phase. Prices will drop soon, im sure of it. Across the board

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in Ontario (just this month) the "first round" of legal dispensaries have finally opened up. Visited the one in my city, and meh. 

I mean... it's great for those who didnt have a legal or secure way of getting herbs. The selection is pretty decent. I didnt buy a thing, personally... The prices are obscene, imo.

My medical producer provides 2 of its strains to the OCB (ontario cannabis store) and it's 3$ more per GRAM at the store

No thanks. But it's new and it's still in the experimental phase. Prices will drop soon, im sure of it. Across the board
Oregon?

They will. I bought a half ounce in Colorado yesterday for $44 tax included.  

I like a 1:1 THC/CBD.  Same with dabs.   
I have not mixed my THC and CBD at all yet. The reason is - I once read that CBD acted to inhibit THC potency. Edit: yeah, there is CBD in my smoke, but at de minimis levels. 

I don't recall the mechanism (e.g. blocking THC receptors, acting in opposition via other means, etc.) 

Thus, do you notice any difference in the enjoyment of the buzz when CBD is at an even ratio? 

Also, I have never dabbed, but I have a rig - just no product. What's this like? 

I have not mixed my THC and CBD at all yet. The reason is - I once read that CBD acted to inhibit THC potency. 

I don't recall the mechanism (e.g. blocking THC receptors, acting in opposition via other means, etc.) 

Thus, do you notice any difference in the enjoyment of the buzz when CBD is at an even ratio? 

Also, I have never dabbed, but I have a rig - just no product. What's this like? 
You got bad info.  You want as much full spectrum and total cannabanoids as possible. CBD and THC play nice with each other...they all do.   

I get a more “leveled” high when there is significant CBD involved.   

Regarding dabs...I did a 1:1 and it was a fantastic cerebral high and my body felt like I took two Vicodin.   Almost narcotic.  

You got bad info.  You want as much full spectrum and total cannabanoids as possible. CBD and THC play nice with each other...they all do.   

I get a more “leveled” high when there is significant CBD involved.   

Regarding dabs...I did a 1:1 and it was a fantastic cerebral high and my body felt like I took two Vicodin.   Almost narcotic.  
Thnx much. 

I will adjust my order next month. 

Do you have any recommendations on THC/CBD strains? 

Dabs - in my area it's not easy to come by - if I want trustworthy data. 

My Cali connection doesn't actually go through dispensaries - rather goes to growers who sell to dispensary. Therefore, I have less access to anything processed - except for vape oil - somehow that is available - I don't know details. 

time to get nerdy...

https://mazakali.com/the-cannabis-polypharmacy-party/

While the cannabis plant has been consumed for over six thousand years, it has until recently been kept in exile from beneficial advances in genetics, biotechnology and the illuminating work of the world’s medical and scientific community. The five hundred and twelve known bio-active compounds in the plant include one hundred and twenty cannabinoids, chemical compounds that bind to receptors in our brain and immune system. While CBN was the first cannabinoid to be isolated at the end of the nineteenth century, cannabinoid research only began after Cannabidiol (CBD) was discovered in 1940 and gathered steam with the 1964 discovery of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

There are three categories of cannabinoids – Endogenous cannabinoids (Endocannabinoids), synthesized by our bodies; Synthetic cannabinoids, created in laboratories; and Phyto-cannabinoids, found in plants. The cannabis plant boasts the highest known concentration of Phyto-cannabinoids and thus the largest cannabinoid impact on our physiological construct. While the benefits of CBD and THC are relatively well understood and advertised, we look beyond this tango to eight additional cannabinoids that are likely to receive particular attention in conjunction with the inevitable decline in isolated CBD excitement.

Still old school with rolling em up or using bowls.

Anyone got a good pen recommendation? I know nothing about them - nada.

Pens are all about the oil/cartridge.  Unless I know the brand or the producer we should all be skeptical of oil out there.  Tons of distillate being created and cut with other toxic substances.  My favorite type of cartridge right is live resin which is produced from just pure whole plant extraction.  Here's a couple of examples.  

https://willamettevalleyalchemy.com/extracts/

https://oregrown.com/pages/oregrown-sauce

There's nothing like real smoke.  I'm a fan of the vape thing when traveling, at work, or when I need to be discreet but it'll never replace flower.  As for recommendations, it really depends where you live.  If you're in a non legal state, it's up to what your plug has access to.  The market is very fragmented with lots of options but I'd stay away from generics and bootlegs unless you know the source.  

I've been using this brand recently.  Quality:  https://stiiizy.com

I'd recommend sticking with bowls, joints and hitters. I tried the pen for a few months and not only is it not as potent as flower, it ruined my singing voice for a few months until I made the correlation.  I'm sticking with flower and edibles, no more vaping for me.

i "vape" the actual flower itself, not the oil using something like the volcano (not sure exactly which one I have).  i never liked the taste of the oils.   i like to ride my bike and i don't want the daily weed consumption messing with my riding.   

What is everyone paying for flower these days? 

I’m in MA and I’ve tried a couple of the legal dispensaries but they’re all crowded and a hassle to get to. So I’ve gone back to my guy who will deliver it to me, and he always has half dozen strains to choose from. I figured cost would come down once shops opened but I still paid same 160 for 1/2 of Jack Herrer today. Always quality but maybe I need a new guy. At the legal Brookline shop an 1/8 is $50, and that’s as much as you can buy per visit. In each case I imagine those prices are stupid high but want to compare to other states, both legal and not.

I’m in MA and I’ve tried a couple of the legal dispensaries but they’re all crowded and a hassle to get to. So I’ve gone back to my guy who will deliver it to me, and he always has half dozen strains to choose from. I figured cost would come down once shops opened but I still paid same 160 for 1/2 of Jack Herrer today. Always quality but maybe I need a new guy. At the legal Brookline shop an 1/8 is $50, and that’s as much as you can buy per visit. In each case I imagine those prices are stupid high but want to compare to other states, both legal and not.
Sometimes the prices in these legal states make me laugh.  I guess buying on the black market and not paying taxes has its benefits.  It really depends on strand and source but I try not spend more than $200 for an ounce of quality.  I live in Texas.  

I drove up to the the place in barrington from NJ.   I didn't know this at the time but you can pre-order and skip the line.   The catch is that they only take about 500 preorders a day so you need to be on top of it.  I thought the price was fine.    That's strange that they limit you to an 1/8.  I know the barrington place sometimes puts caps on how much of each strain you can get as well as how many edibles you can get, but an 1/8 total seems odd.   

Never been a big fan of the regular stuff. Just too much for me. Unlike most of the people I know, I just can't function on it. I get way too high and paranoid. Just not my thing.

But with CBD being legal here now, tried some of that. Wow. Game changer for me. Very tiny head buzz, but completely able to function as normal. But mostly just very mellowing, and my shoulders and elbows just don't hurt so much. 

In response to the other questions, prices around here range from $100 for total crap up to $200-250 for anything decent.

For flower vapes, I've had the best luck with the XVape Vital. Got a Hebe Titan 2 that's dirt cheap ($30), but haven't tried it yet. I'll get around to it, but it would have to be a total piece of garbage not to be solid value at that price.

I'm not even sure if I posted this yet in this thread, but yeah... par for the course, I suppose.

I used a vaporizer whilest up in the mountains a few months ago.  Buddy has one and filled up a bag and he swears up and down people do 2-3 of these at a time.  No f'in way.  After the bag... maybe 10-15 minutes later I was on another planet.  I could barely speak, and when I did it was something I'd already said 5 minutes prior.

Tried to watch TV (it was March, so there was hoops on) and I couldn't focus.  

We went to a bar and I was somehow able to order food and a beer.

Never again.

$160 for a half is a good price assuming it’s the DANK!

I'm not even sure if I posted this yet in this thread, but yeah... par for the course, I suppose.

I used a vaporizer whilest up in the mountains a few months ago.  Buddy has one and filled up a bag and he swears up and down people do 2-3 of these at a time.  No f'in way.  After the bag... maybe 10-15 minutes later I was on another planet.  I could barely speak, and when I did it was something I'd already said 5 minutes prior.

Tried to watch TV (it was March, so there was hoops on) and I couldn't focus.  

We went to a bar and I was somehow able to order food and a beer.

Never again.
I think he was putting you on. Whenver I have done/seen peoppe using bags from a vaporizer, they are sharing it. 

$50 for an 1/8 seems fair these days if its good.  In California the price ranges.  Outdoor weed is always the cheapest and that usually ranges between 15 and 35 an 1/8.  Outdoor is where the value is because the high can be just as good at times but weed grown indoors under lamps just usually looks a lot nicer and doesn't dry out as quickly.   Indoor seems to be in the $45 to $80 range, depending on quality.

Users who are viewing this thread