What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Postseason Subscriber Contest is LIVE (1 Viewer)

Prizes include a 2015 subscription? Plus, rules mention tampering with the $35,000 contest.....? I know these are technically typos but I would think cut-and-pasting the rules from the regular season contest might require a bit of proof-reading before going live.....

I got really excited for this. Then started filling it out and realized just how tough it is.

BroadwayG said:
Gottabesweet said:
Are last years standings and rosters available?
Well I know who was first.

I had Romo/Newton then a whole slew of Seahawks and Patriots. Lloyd and Vereen were my difference makers in the SB.
care to enlighten us?

I had Romo/Newton then a whole slew of Seahawks and Patriots. Lloyd and Vereen were my difference makers in the SB.

If my predictions go as planned, which they never do, I'll have 10 going in the Wild Card, 16 in the Divisional, 8 in the Championship and 12 in the Super Bowl.

I fear that hitting the max those two weeks has left me a bunch of garbage that won't score enough. But I guess we'll see.

The strategy is simple, advance by the skin of your teeth the first three weeks, then unleash your massive amount of correctly predicted SB players to win the $$$.

I'm an idiot. I can never find last year's results. I'm not looking for a handout, or one of the slew of people asking about the strategy. I'm just taking the time to publicly announce how inept I am.

Still nothing for me. This is very frustrating because I have a busy night and day tomorrow. I have no option to edit my lineup.

Just tried on 2 different browsers and no luck. When I go to my playoff contest page, my only options are to 'return to admin page' or to Logout.

So the third tiebreaker gets to where the most $3 players are rostered, 4th tiebreaker to most $4 players, etc. However, there are players listed for $2. But it seems like $2 players aren't included in the rules as part of the tiebreaker. So the way I interpret this is that I'm better off trying to swing getting a couple $3 players as opposed to $2 players on the off chance that my rooster is actually good. Anyone else notice this?

Just tried on 2 different browsers and no luck. When I go to my playoff contest page, my only options are to 'return to admin page' or to Logout.
I noticed that too. Follow Dodds' link in the OP and you'll be able to edit.

Seeing that we’re at the milestone of Superbowl 50, I’m going with a rematch from Superbowl I. It'll be a nice story line.

I think SEA and PIT will play GB and KC in the conference championships, respectively. All road wins in week 1, and all 4 wildcards in conference championships. Radical.

QB - Aaron Rodgers - GB - $24

RB - James Starks - GB - $10

WR - James Jones - GB - $13

WR - Davante Adams - GB - $8

TE - Richard Rodgers - GB - $9

PK - Mason Crosby - GB - $7

RB - Charcandrick West - KC - $15

RB - Spencer Ware - KC - $10

WR - Chris Conley - KC - $2

TE - Travis Kelce - KC - $18

PK - Cairo Santos - KC - $11

TD - Kansas City Chiefs - KC - $12

QB - Russell Wilson - SEA - $33

WR - Tyler Lockett - SEA - $15

QB - Ben Roethlisberger - PIT - $32

WR - Martavis Bryant - PIT - $17

RB - Brandon Bolden - NE - $10

WR - Danny Amendola - NE - $4

Total value: 250

And changed again. I swear the playoff contest is a sterner test than the regular season contest in a lot of way.

-QG

And changed again. I swear the playoff contest is a sterner test than the regular season contest in a lot of way.

-QG
It may be a mirage, but to me it looks like they upped the cost of studs while at the same time setting the cost almost the same on other lower level producers. Bottom line, you can't load up on studs and there is less low hanging fruit this year. Now more than ever you have to pick the right teams. Before I think it was possible to have loaded up on only one team in the SB. Now I don't think that would work.

Anarchy99 said:
QuizGuy66 said:

-QG
It may be a mirage, but to me it looks like they upped the cost of studs while at the same time setting the cost almost the same on other lower level producers. Bottom line, you can't load up on studs and there is less low hanging fruit this year. Now more than ever you have to pick the right teams. Before I think it was possible to have loaded up on only one team in the SB. Now I don't think that would work.
Tough to get a sense of how much to invest in the teams that are not going to be in the superbowl, and how much to invest in the superbowl starters who will not count until the superbowl.

I think I have underinvested in the former, and overinvested in the later.

Assuming wildcard and SB picks are correct....

Not in superbowl - 7 players / $ 68

Dead Money before superbowl - 7 players / $ 66 (players on projected SB teams > 2 players per team....i.e. superbowl starters minus 4)

Guaranteed Starters Round 1 - 9 players / $ 178

Guaranteed Starters Div Round - 11 players / $184

Superbowl Starters - 11 players / $182

NFL Teams with representation on roster - 5

too gusty to go texans deep? strongly considering.

their whole offensive roster 1-2-4-1 is $72, adding kicker and def at $84. i loathe their chances, but stranger things have happened.

Gutsy for sure but that's what it takes to win.

I think my strategy is sound - lots of players from the super bowl teams, although I left one or two top players off because I had to. No players on teams I pick to lose this week, only 3 players from my non SB teams, one is a stud.

Not a big fan of how they do this contest. Too much on getting the SB teams correct then it is to get players who will score well correct. Would much rather have a "play a player only once" type of contest where you have 2 types of winners. People who score the most pts for the 4 weeks combined and people who score the most pts in only the superbowl. Gives you two ways to try and compete and win option 1 would be getting the guys who score the most pts each week while having enough players left to field some kind of lineup superbowl week or you could just try and pick players who are not going to make it to the superbowl giving you the best superbowl players to win that. (each team would be required to score X pts to advance each week like 75 pts)

Last edited by a moderator:
First time doing the postseason contest. I have no idea what I'm doing here. I'm just picking guys pretty much at random.

19 players in my Super Bowl™. We'll see if I have enough firepower to get there.

7 scores in Wildcard Round.

10 scores in Divisional Round.

8 scores in Conference Championships.

Go big or go home. Have fun everyone!

19 players in my Super Bowl™. We'll see if I have enough firepower to get there.

7 scores in Wildcard Round.

10 scores in Divisional Round.

8 scores in Conference Championships.

Go big or go home. Have fun everyone!
If you get to the Super Bowl with 19 players remaining, you probably can't be beaten.

Does Knile Davis get points for that too? I know the rules are different a little b/w playoffs and regular season. Could be a big impact there.

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread