What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post team defensive game snaps here if you find them (1 Viewer)

rabidfireweasel

Footballguy
I only have NE:

Week 1 vs. Buffalo

Link

Patriots defensive snaps

Thomas leads way on defense

September 16, 2009, 9:08 AM

By: Mike Reiss

A look at the snaps played by Patriots defenders in Monday's win over the Bills, and how the team adjusted after linebacker Jerod Mayo left the game with a right knee injury (snaps are not official tallies, as they are charted independently in the press box, so there is a small margin for error):

LB Adalius Thomas -- 54 of 54 snaps

CB Leigh Bodden -- 53 of 54

LB Gary Guyton -- 52 of 54

S Brandon Meriweather -- 52 of 54

DL Vince Wilfork -- 43 of 54

DL Ty Warren -- 42 of 54

DL Jarvis Green -- 39 of 54

DE Derrick Burgess -- 38 of 54

S James Sanders -- 38 of 54

CB Shawn Springs -- 38 of 54

DE/OLB Tully Banta-Cain -- 31 of 54

CB Jonathan Wilhite -- 25 of 54

CB Darius Butler -- 18 of 54

S Brandon McGowan -- 18 of 54

DL Mike Wright -- 18 of 54

OLB Pierre Woods -- 15 of 54

LB Jerod Mayo -- 9 of 54

LB Rob Ninkovich -- 5 of 54

(Note: The Bills ran 48 official plays. Penalties which were not official plays were added to the snaps to account for the 54-snap total.)

ANALYSIS: The Patriots opened the game playing the 3-4 alignment on seven of the first nine snaps. When starting inside linebacker Jerod Mayo left with injury, the team switched exclusively to a four-man line the rest of the game. ... Second-year linebacker Gary Guyton had his role most dramatically altered by Mayo's injury. Guyton initially was subbed out in the team's sub package, but became a full-time player after Mayo left the game. ... Rookies Pat Chung (safety) and Ron Brace (defensive line) dressed but did not see action on defense, while rookie Darius Butler was fourth on the cornerback depth chart, seeing time in both sub packages and the base defense. Butler was on the field late in the fourth quarter, which is a strong reflection of how he is viewed by the coaching staff. ... Brandon McGowan trumped Chung as the third safety. ... OLB/DE Tully Banta-Cain has been a surprise contributor, leaping over Pierre Woods on the depth chart.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have EVERY game done, which is a great sign. Last year, they only had a handful of them. Hopefully they will keep on doing every game. That is a huge tool for us. I love that site. :own3d:
haha...they just snuck in pats/bills after I posted that link.think we're still waiting on phi/car to finish it off.

I'm in the process of counting snaps right now.......post to come......

They have EVERY game done, which is a great sign. Last year, they only had a handful of them. Hopefully they will keep on doing every game. That is a huge tool for us. I love that site. :own3d:
haha...they just snuck in pats/bills after I posted that link.think we're still waiting on phi/car to finish it off.

I'm in the process of counting snaps right now.......post to come......
I think I better learn how to count to 32 before I post next time.

do you know when this site starts adding the stats from the week just played? thanks
They do a comprehensive film review, grading each player on every play, so it takes awhile to post each game. They look like they've expanded their crew of reviewers this season, so hopefully they'll have all games posted by Friday-Saturday as they did in Week 1. Last season, they quickly fell behind and it was rare to have more than a game or two ready before the next week's games started. The full slate of last season's 17 weeks and playoffs wasn't completed until this summer, I believe.I exchanged emails with Neil last week and he's hopeful that they'll be able to keep up the torrid Week 1 pace into this week and beyond.

next time you talk to neil tell him that's the most awesome football site I've ever seen, and every time I spread that link around, which is pretty often, it gets a great response.

so, thx for all the work, neil.

Users who are viewing this thread