What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Draft Survivor (1 Viewer)

rzrback77

Footballguy
Last edited:
Hope we can get 16, but hope this runs even with 8+. I know personally my off season prep last year was significantly less by not participating in these survivor drafts.

In like Flynn.

Not Matt Flynn.

Thanks for getting this rolling, Holloway/Bass!

Very cool that Bob Harris is participating. Would like to see more Staff involved, whenever possible.

I would give up my spot if we filled this, and a Staff type arrived late to the party, and wanted in.

Joining BassNBrew, Bob Harris, renesauz, GoDCYourself, Clayton Gray and ryheaps, we have confirmed the following 2021 SSL1 Returning Alumni (what appears to be the last time we conducted a Post-Draft League):

Rzrback77
Crippler
Bro1ncos
Duckboy
Stinkin Ref
Old MIlwaukee
nittanylion
OZ

Busman hasn't logged in since 08/27/22
Shadowfax hasn't logged in since 01/04/23
Rudnicki hasn't logged in since 04/11/23
Drunken Slob hasn't logged in since 10/25/23

2 spots remaining. Sending out a Bat Signal to see if any recently logged in Alums might be interested in filling out the field.

@Norseman (03/02/24)
@Mr. Irrelevant (03/12/24)
@Maggot Brain (Sunday)
@bicycle_seat_sniffer (Wednesday)

Only one spot remaining, as Mr. Irrelevant contacted me and has been added.

Tentative Draft Date is Tuesday, May 14th.

Just a thought, what if the 16th was auto select based on ADP?
It would be better to get a real person but it might be interesting to see how a bot / ADP would hold up.

maybe that’s better later in the summer.

Only one spot remaining, as Mr. Irrelevant contacted me and has been added.

Tentative Draft Date is Tuesday, May 14th.

Just a thought, what if the 16th was auto select based on ADP?
It would be better to get a real person but it might be interesting to see how a bot / ADP would hold up.

maybe that’s better later in the summer.
We still have three weeks before the draft will begin. I have sent out a few invites and above @Norseman sent out a few. I am confident that we will have a full sixteen team league.

since we are doing less and less of these over the years....I'd like to propose that we modify the TE scoring (at least a little) so that the draft results more accurately reflect what we will see in almost every other league format that most of us participate in at home...personally I would be in favor of anything that gets it back as close as possible to just straight up PPR....

for the same reason, I wouldn't mind seeing the roster increase to 20+.....and maybe an increase in the number of starting spots that count each week....I have found that it is more fun to have more guys you draft actually have to count for you week in and week out....

:2cents:

I don't mind TE Enhanced Scoring (maybe drop from 2PPR to 1.5PPR), but I would agree that the further out a Survivor League drafts from the start of the NFL Season, the more Rounds the Draft should consist of.

NFL Rosters are swollen in May, and they will both churn and shrink between now and then.

Plus, this is the time of year for speculation, and it's fun to draft some favorite players whose 2024 is somewhat of a gray area right now. Part of the fun of being successful in these Leagues (for me, at least), is seeing how much the later round picks contribute. These earlier Leagues always wind up having more Roster-worthy Players than I like seeing on the post-Draft Free Agent list.

Having larger Rosters could possibly help us all track the progress of some of the more obscure Players, and by useful for our own Leagues.

Maybe over the limit for some, but I'd be very happy with up to 22-24 Player Rosters, as opposed to the usual SSL 18. I don't think increasing to 20 (an overall increase of 32 Players drafted), quite accomplishes the proposed goals.

Just my :2cents:.

Also, my dream would be that after holding this Draft in May, this same group, or most of it, would draft again in June, July and August.

That would really sharpen us up for our home Leagues/Nationals!

I don't mind TE Enhanced Scoring (maybe drop from 2PPR to 1.5PPR), but I would agree that the further out a Survivor League drafts from the start of the NFL Season, the more Rounds the Draft should consist of.

NFL Rosters are swollen in May, and they will both churn and shrink between now and then.

Plus, this is the time of year for speculation, and it's fun to draft some favorite players whose 2024 is somewhat of a gray area right now. Part of the fun of being successful in these Leagues (for me, at least), is seeing how much the later round picks contribute. These earlier Leagues always wind up having more Roster-worthy Players than I like seeing on the post-Draft Free Agent list.

Having larger Rosters could possibly help us all track the progress of some of the more obscure Players, and by useful for our own Leagues.

Maybe over the limit for some, but I'd be very happy with up to 22-24 Player Rosters, as opposed to the usual SSL 18. I don't think increasing to 20 (an overall increase of 32 Players drafted), quite accomplishes the proposed goals.

Just my :2cents:.

Also, my dream would be that after holding this Draft in May, this same group, or most of it, would draft again in June, July and August.

That would really sharpen us up for our home Leagues/Nationals!
I’m on board for 22-24 players and at least one more draft in August.

Probably going with minimal changes to the standard Football Mock Draft Forum survivors.

We’ll be following up next week with specifics and a draft beginning Tuesday, May 14th.

Users who are viewing this thread