What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Draft 100? (1 Viewer)

Has FBG's listed one yet?TIA!
I haven't seen one and am pretty disappointed about it. A lot of us have FF drafts as soon as the NFL draft is over. The positive is that Jeff Haseley does have the only rankings that I have found of Footballguys... Thanks Jeff

The NFL Draft ended less than 24 hours ago. :hifive:
My Fantasy Draft started less than 24 hours ago
Thanks Chitown:Here is the list by Jeff hasely for anyone else interested:1 RB Jahvid Best, DET 1 1.0 1.0 1.0 2 RB Ryan Mathews 2 2.0 2.0 2.0 3 WR Dez Bryant, DAL 3 3.0 3.0 3.0 4 RB C.J. Spiller, BUF 4 4.0 4.0 4.0 5 WR Demaryius Thomas 5 5.0 5.0 5.0 6 WR Golden Tate 6 6.0 6.0 6.0 7 WR Brandon LaFell 7 7.0 7.0 7.0 8 WR Arrelious Benn, TB 8 8.0 8.0 8.0 9 TE Rob Gronkowski 9 9.0 9.0 9.0 10 QB Sam Bradford, STL 10 10.0 10.0 10.0 11 QB Colt McCoy 11 11.0 11.0 11.0 12 RB Montario Hardesty 12 12.0 12.0 12.0 13 RB Toby Gerhart 13 13.0 13.0 13.0 14 TE Ed Dickson 14 14.0 14.0 14.0 15 QB Jimmy Clausen, CAR 15 15.0 15.0 15.0 16 WR Damian Williams 16 16.0 16.0 16.0 17 TE Dennis Pitta 17 17.0 17.0 17.0 18 WR Taylor Price 18 18.0 18.0 18.0 19 RB Joe McKnight 19 19.0 19.0 19.0 20 WR Eric Decker 20 20.0 20.0 20.0 21 TE Aaron Hernandez 21 21.0 21.0 21.0 22 QB Tim Tebow 22 22.0 22.0 22.0 23 WR Mardy Gilyard 23 23.0 23.0 23.0 24 WR Jordan Shipley 24 24.0 24.0 24.0 25 TE Jermaine Gresham 25 25.0 25.0 25.0 26 WR Emmanuel Sanders 26 26.0 26.0 26.0 27 WR Andre Roberts 27 27.0 27.0 27.0 28 QB John Skelton 28 28.0 28.0 28.0 29 RB Jonathan Dwyer 29 29.0 29.0 29.0 30 RB James Starks 30 30.0 30.0 30.0 31 WR Mike Williams 31 31.0 31.0 31.0 32 WR Carlton Mitchell 32 32.0 32.0 32.0 33 WR Dezmon Briscoe, CIN 33 33.0 33.0 33.0 34 TE Tony Moeaki 34 34.0 34.0 34.0 35 RB Anthony Dixon 35 35.0 35.0 35.0 36 RB Charles Scott 36 36.0 36.0 36.0 37 RB Deji Karim 37 37.0 37.0 37.0 38 QB Jonathan Crompton 38 38.0 38.0 38.0 39 QB Tony Pike 39 39.0 39.0 39.0 40 WR Riley Cooper, PHI 40 40.0 40.0 40.0

The NFL Draft ended less than 24 hours ago. :)
My Fantasy Draft started less than 24 hours ago
Thanks Chitown:Here is the list by Jeff hasely for anyone else interested:1 RB Jahvid Best, DET 1 1.0 1.0 1.0 2 RB Ryan Mathews 2 2.0 2.0 2.0 3 WR Dez Bryant, DAL 3 3.0 3.0 3.0 4 RB C.J. Spiller, BUF 4 4.0 4.0 4.0 5 WR Demaryius Thomas 5 5.0 5.0 5.0 6 WR Golden Tate 6 6.0 6.0 6.0 7 WR Brandon LaFell 7 7.0 7.0 7.0 8 WR Arrelious Benn, TB 8 8.0 8.0 8.0 9 TE Rob Gronkowski 9 9.0 9.0 9.0 10 QB Sam Bradford, STL 10 10.0 10.0 10.0 11 QB Colt McCoy 11 11.0 11.0 11.0 12 RB Montario Hardesty 12 12.0 12.0 12.0 13 RB Toby Gerhart 13 13.0 13.0 13.0 14 TE Ed Dickson 14 14.0 14.0 14.0 15 QB Jimmy Clausen, CAR 15 15.0 15.0 15.0 16 WR Damian Williams 16 16.0 16.0 16.0 17 TE Dennis Pitta 17 17.0 17.0 17.0 18 WR Taylor Price 18 18.0 18.0 18.0 19 RB Joe McKnight 19 19.0 19.0 19.0 20 WR Eric Decker 20 20.0 20.0 20.0 21 TE Aaron Hernandez 21 21.0 21.0 21.0 22 QB Tim Tebow 22 22.0 22.0 22.0 23 WR Mardy Gilyard 23 23.0 23.0 23.0 24 WR Jordan Shipley 24 24.0 24.0 24.0 25 TE Jermaine Gresham 25 25.0 25.0 25.0 26 WR Emmanuel Sanders 26 26.0 26.0 26.0 27 WR Andre Roberts 27 27.0 27.0 27.0 28 QB John Skelton 28 28.0 28.0 28.0 29 RB Jonathan Dwyer 29 29.0 29.0 29.0 30 RB James Starks 30 30.0 30.0 30.0 31 WR Mike Williams 31 31.0 31.0 31.0 32 WR Carlton Mitchell 32 32.0 32.0 32.0 33 WR Dezmon Briscoe, CIN 33 33.0 33.0 33.0 34 TE Tony Moeaki 34 34.0 34.0 34.0 35 RB Anthony Dixon 35 35.0 35.0 35.0 36 RB Charles Scott 36 36.0 36.0 36.0 37 RB Deji Karim 37 37.0 37.0 37.0 38 QB Jonathan Crompton 38 38.0 38.0 38.0 39 QB Tony Pike 39 39.0 39.0 39.0 40 WR Riley Cooper, PHI 40 40.0 40.0 40.0
its seems as if RB Tate is missing???

Waldman's up now. Damien Williams at #4? The rankings aren't PPR, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Waldman didn't list Colt McCoy (was TE Anthony McCoy supposed to be him?) or Dwyer. He's sticking with Blair White relatively high.

Ive ranked my top 100, have to do writeups - will enter on the site when i get a chance later tonight, feel free to hit me with an email if you have any specific questions.

Waldman didn't list Colt McCoy (was TE Anthony McCoy supposed to be him?) or Dwyer. He's sticking with Blair White relatively high.
Something is wrong with the database. Some rows have blank names and Hardesty is only ranked by Haseley, for example.

Ramblin Wreck said:
Tick said:
Something is wrong with the database. Some rows have blank names and Hardesty is only ranked by Haseley, for example.
I noticed the slots which should be rookies are blank.??

Tick said:
Waldman's up now. Damien Williams at #4? The rankings aren't PPR, so I'm not sure what's going on there.
I cannot find it, can you please leave the link...Thanks!

Yea... I thought "later tonight" was yesterday. Bloom isn't on EST is he?
central - raw rankings will be up before i go to bed tonight, still working through the 100 writeups (inthe 70s) which sometimes changes the rankings a spot or two. feel free to email/PM me about any particular ranks/guys.

If you're not capable of drafting rookies without someone else's list, I suggest you don't play in leagues where the rookie draft starts 24 hours after the real draft. HTH.

If you're not capable of drafting rookies without someone else's list, I suggest you don't play in leagues where the rookie draft starts 24 hours after the real draft. HTH.
I kind of agree. The WHOLE POINT of starting a rookie draft immediately after the NFL draft is so that everyone gets to pit their own drafting skills against each other without "picking form a list". I am in leagues where this is the way we do it and its really fun. In other leagues it would be a disaster because half the owners barely put their starting lineups in each week, much less analyze rookies in the middle of April.

Is this the right thread to ask why Matt Waldman has the top RB/WR selected as the #15 rookie? A little crazy, right? Maybe just trying to be a little different?

Is this the right thread to ask why Matt Waldman has the top RB/WR selected as the #15 rookie? A little crazy, right? Maybe just trying to be a little different?
He had Spiller as the 9th ranked RB in the RSP. :goodposting: Seems pretty consistent with that.

What's crazy is so many people having rankings that are essentially the same.
But is he different just to be different? Can he give a reason why he thinks the #1 RB taken in the draft (and in the top 10 as well) is his 15th ranked rookie? Did Spiller call him a bad name or something? :goodposting:

But is he different just to be different? Can he give a reason why he thinks the #1 RB taken in the draft (and in the top 10 as well) is his 15th ranked rookie?
So we should rank players on where the Bills draft players now? :boxing: Anyway, I'm not sure you can find someone who writes more about their thoughts on a player than Waldman. Do you get the Rookie Scouting Portfolio? All the explanation you're looking for on Spiller and everyone else is in it.

He was also very down on Darren McFadden when he came out and a lot of people were killing him for that.

Nothing wrong for killing a guy when he's wrong, I certianly don't agree with him on some things, but it seems stupid to ask if he's just trying to be different just because he doesn't agree with the "consensus" and/or the stellar front office of the Buffalo Bills.

But is he different just to be different? Can he give a reason why he thinks the #1 RB taken in the draft (and in the top 10 as well) is his 15th ranked rookie? Did Spiller call him a bad name or something? :boxing:
Subscribe and check out his RSP. It says everything you may want to know about all the offensive rookies.

But is he different just to be different? Can he give a reason why he thinks the #1 RB taken in the draft (and in the top 10 as well) is his 15th ranked rookie?
So we should rank players on where the Bills draft players now? :shrug: Anyway, I'm not sure you can find someone who writes more about their thoughts on a player than Waldman. Do you get the Rookie Scouting Portfolio? All the explanation you're looking for on Spiller and everyone else is in it.

He was also very down on Darren McFadden when he came out and a lot of people were killing him for that.

Nothing wrong for killing a guy when he's wrong, I certianly don't agree with him on some things, but it seems stupid to ask if he's just trying to be different just because he doesn't agree with the "consensus" and/or the stellar front office of the Buffalo Bills.
Oh, I wasn't saying he was being different just to be different. You didn't read that very well. There was a question mark at the end of that sentence. And no, not where the Buffalo Bills draft players, but where most of the NFL ranked him does count for something. And even if the Bills do rank him high enough to take him top 10, are you saying they were wrong? Do you think you know more than the pro scouts do? Maybe you should apply for a scouting job if you think you know more than the front offices of an NFL team.

But is he different just to be different? Can he give a reason why he thinks the #1 RB taken in the draft (and in the top 10 as well) is his 15th ranked rookie? Did Spiller call him a bad name or something? :shrug:
Subscribe and check out his RSP. It says everything you may want to know about all the offensive rookies.
I'm a member and I'll check it out. Thanks.

And no, not where the Buffalo Bills draft players, but where most of the NFL ranked him does count for something. And even if the Bills do rank him high enough to take him top 10, are you saying they were wrong? Do you think you know more than the pro scouts do? Maybe you should apply for a scouting job if you think you know more than the front offices of an NFL team.

MW may not know or care who is going to put more fannies in seats in Buffalo or become the face of the franchise, or what the future might actually hold for Marshawn Lynch as well as the Bills front office. If you are looking for the opinion of the Bills brass, you can pick players according to their draft. Spiller is #1. If you want what the NFL front offices collectively think, use the draft order or coaches comments. Certainly don't use Waldman's list if you already know more than he does.

But if you come here for a well-considered, independent view from a guy many here that have learned to respect a great deal on rookies and their long term value, this is a great list to consider in reaching your decisions. The fact that you or I don't know half as much as a 'pro scout' doesn't mean that Waldman might not have an opinion just as worthwhile.

Mr. Peterson said:
Cassius said:
So we should rank players on where the Bills draft players now? :thumbup:

Anyway, I'm not sure you can find someone who writes more about their thoughts on a player than Waldman. Do you get the Rookie Scouting Portfolio? All the explanation you're looking for on Spiller and everyone else is in it.

Oh, I wasn't saying he was being different just to be different. You didn't read that very well. There was a question mark at the end of that sentence.
Actually I don't think you read very well.
Mr. Peterson said:
And no, not where the Buffalo Bills draft players, but where most of the NFL ranked him does count for something. And even if the Bills do rank him high enough to take him top 10, are you saying they were wrong? Do you think you know more than the pro scouts do? Maybe you should apply for a scouting job if you think you know more than the front offices of an NFL team.
I'm saying the Bills are one of the worst run franchises in the NFL, so if you want to hang your hat on them, go right ahead. I don't think I know more than pro scouts, but I think pro scouts and people interested in fantasy football have very different objectives, which is why I read the stuff guys like Waldman write in the first place.If you think NFL scouts are right 100% of the time, why are you even interested in Waldman's rankings? Just draft everyone based on their NFL draft order. Good luck.

I kind of agree. The WHOLE POINT of starting a rookie draft immediately after the NFL draft is so that everyone gets to pit their own drafting skills against each other without "picking form a list". I am in leagues where this is the way we do it and its really fun. In other leagues it would be a disaster because half the owners barely put their starting lineups in each week, much less analyze rookies in the middle of April.
Im agreeing here. While a list helps and is the reason you pay Footballguys, sometimes you gotta just make your own calls. I like my own instincts a lot better concerning rookies anyway.

I think people jumped on you a little too much for this question, because it's legitimate. Waldman's obviously one of the better contributors to this forum as far as laying it on the line as to his thoughts and opinions on various players. Because of that, you can't have anything but respect for him. I personally have no problem with him being extremely down on CJ Spiller, as there are some legitimate concerns as to his future success as an NFL running back as far as I'm concerned.That being said, these are non-ppr rankings and it is relatively absurd to have the likes of McCluster and the especially Aaron Hernandez ranked above him. Bash on the Bills all you want for selecting Spiller, but by all indications he was rated as a top half of the 1st round talent by most everyone that has spoken about him. The absolute worst case scenario I can imagine for Spiller is producing at a rate similar to Reggie Bush. I can't see any possible outcome, outside of Hernandez turning into a stud top 3 TE, that you would ever consider him over Spiller regardless of how down on Spiller one is.

Mr. Peterson said:
I'm saying the Bills are one of the worst run franchises in the NFL, so if you want to hang your hat on them, go right ahead. I don't think I know more than pro scouts, but I think pro scouts and people interested in fantasy football have very different objectives, which is why I read the stuff guys like Waldman write in the first place.If you think NFL scouts are right 100% of the time, why are you even interested in Waldman's rankings? Just draft everyone based on their NFL draft order. Good luck.
Look, I'm not trying to get on Waldman for anything, I like a lot of his stuff. I'm not trying to say he was being different just to be different. I was simply asking why his ranking was so out of the norm. There has to be a reason he thinks the top RB/WR taken in the draft (top 10) is not going to do as well as a RB that fell all the way to the 6th round (Dixon). And that's not the only one. He has a lot of ranks that really don't make a lot of sense. All I'm asking is why is he so different than not only the "norm" but also so different than NFL opinion. I mean, we can assume people getting paid on an NFL staff know a little more about these players than we do on this fantasy website. Am I crazy for thinking you and Waldman aren't as good at this scouting thing than the proffesionals are?

Mr. Peterson said:
Look, I'm not trying to get on Waldman for anything, I like a lot of his stuff. I'm not trying to say he was being different just to be different. I was simply asking why his ranking was so out of the norm. There has to be a reason he thinks the top RB/WR taken in the draft (top 10) is not going to do as well as a RB that fell all the way to the 6th round (Dixon). And that's not the only one. He has a lot of ranks that really don't make a lot of sense. All I'm asking is why is he so different than not only the "norm" but also so different than NFL opinion. I mean, we can assume people getting paid on an NFL staff know a little more about these players than we do on this fantasy website. Am I crazy for thinking you and Waldman aren't as good at this scouting thing than the proffesionals are?
Fantasy scouts?

Mr. Peterson said:
Look, I'm not trying to get on Waldman for anything, I like a lot of his stuff. I'm not trying to say he was being different just to be different. I was simply asking why his ranking was so out of the norm. There has to be a reason he thinks the top RB/WR taken in the draft (top 10) is not going to do as well as a RB that fell all the way to the 6th round (Dixon).
You basically did actually.
And that's not the only one. He has a lot of ranks that really don't make a lot of sense. All I'm asking is why is he so different than not only the "norm" but also so different than NFL opinion. I mean, we can assume people getting paid on an NFL staff know a little more about these players than we do on this fantasy website. Am I crazy for thinking you and Waldman aren't as good at this scouting thing than the proffesionals are?
No, but I think you're crazy for reading the rankings of someone you know is not an NFL scout and then just getting exasperated that they don't match with NFL scouts. If you're just going to discount a non-NFL scout for not being an NFL scout, why are you seeking out, reading, and writing about the non-NFL scouts rankings? :kicksrock: Like I said, just rank your players by the other they go in the NFL draft if that's you're thinking. Good luck with that.

Users who are viewing this thread