What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Possible Leaked 2012 NFL Schedule (1 Viewer)

I really have a hard time thinking that the NFL schedule makes thought the Bucs should get 2 MNF games and that the best way to finish the MNF NFL season is by having the Raiders on two weeks in a row, 3 in total, AND a Thursday night game. So the Raiders are worthy of 4 primetime night games? That schedule reads like a Raider fan's wet dream. And I have nothing against the Raiders. But 4 primetime games is a bit much for any team, let alone one that is expected to be as bad as they likely will be. And compare that to the last two Super Bowl winning teams who each got one (1) MNF game.

The schedule is a lie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to see the Redskins and Panthers have a few prime time games. Getting young exciting QBs sure does help the cause. :thumbup:

I really have a hard time thinking that the NFL schedule makes thought the Bucs should get 2 MNF games and that the best way to finish the MNF NFL season is by having the Raiders on two weeks in a row, 3 in total, AND a Thursday night game. So the Raiders are worthy of 4 primetime night games? That schedule reads like a Raider fan's wet dream. And I have nothing against the Raiders. But 4 primetime games is a bit much for any team, let alone one that is expected to be as bad as they likely will be. And compare that to the last two Super Bowl winning teams who each got one (1) MNF game. The schedule is a lie.
Read it again. That schedule shows the Raiders on MNF in Week 16. They are not scheduled for MNF in Week 15. Of course, they cannot possibly play on MNF in Week 17. I assumed every NFL fan knew the league did away with Week 17 MNF games a while ago.

No way this is real

49ers get no Monday game but the Cards play the Dolphins week 13 on MNF. Look no further then this. Bogus schedule.

No way this is real49ers get no Monday game but the Cards play the Dolphins week 13 on MNF. Look no further then this. Bogus schedule.
MNF is terrible now. The league doesn't care about ESPN. The games have been terrible for a while now. They are more concerned about Sunday night and now their own games on Thursday night. Wouldn't surprise me if this is legit.

Browns with a home Monday night game?

:bs:

ETA: Browns opened at home against Bengals last year. No way they do that two years in a row. Now I know it's :bs: .

This schedule has the Steelers play on the road the first 3 weeks and 5 of the first 6. That would be.... unexpected.

I believe that they don't eve schedule the Week 15 and 16 Sunday night games beforehand - they should be listed as TBD (they are automatic Flex games aren't they?)

This is crap. If this is actually anywhere near the right schedule the Seahawks criss-cross the country for the first 8 weeks, minus two home games in a row. They already have to travel too much, this would be the NFL basically saying "F*** off Seattle".

NFL says Internet copy of 2012 schedule is bogus

Apr 06, 2012 -- 10:51am

ESPNCleveland.com

By Tony Grossi

According to an NFL master schedule for the 2012 regular season hurtling over the Internet, the Browns would have a prime-time game at home and one on the road.

The schedule, which has not been authorized by the league, shows the Browns hosting the Baltimore Ravens Thursday night, Sept. 27, at 8:20 p.m. and playing the Eagles in Philadelphia on Monday night at 8:30 p.m.

The Ravens game would be part of the new, full-season package of Thursday night games on NFL Network. The Eagles game would mark the Browns’ first appearance on “Monday Night Football” on ESPN since the 2009 season.

But don’t write the dates in ink just yet.

“It’s bogus. We do not have a schedule yet,” Greg Aiello, NFL spokesman, wrote in an email reply.

There is no date set for the release of the official 2012 schedule. It typically has been released prior to the draft, which kicks off this year on April 26.
Link

I'd like to see the Lions @ 49ers game on prime time! The history between their coaches (almost fist fighting after the game last year, or something like that) + you have one of the best offenses against one of the best defenses! :popcorn:

one can hope!

I'm still shocked people want to have their teams play on Monday night. Maybe I'm getting old, but I'll take a Sunday at 1 over a Monday or Sunday night game every time.

'petenice15 said:
I'm still shocked people want to have their teams play on Monday night. Maybe I'm getting old, but I'll take a Sunday at 1 over a Monday or Sunday night game every time.
I watch them, but I don't love the Sunday night games. Being on the east coast has a lot to do with it. I still like MNF, however.I hate the Thursday night games.

If this is not fabricated, I am very pleased that the Panthers have three prime time appearances. Bring on the real schedule/a confirmation of this one! :popcorn:

It's bogus. They have the Jets and Giants both playing at 1 in weeks 3 and 17.
So?
So there's an agreement between CBS and FOX and the NFL not to do this. Neither network wants to lose 40% of their biggest market in any one week. They never schedule the Jets and Giants at the same time, except when they play each other and extremely extenuating circumstances (religious reasons caused this a couple of years ago).

Fraud, by their own admission:

SUNDAY, APRIL 8, 2012

Coming Clean

Update: Time to Come Clean

As many (and I mean, many) of outlets have reported, this is indeed a fabricated schedule that I completely made up for the NFL 2012 Regular Season. If that's all you need to hear, that's fine. If you want to hear more, feel free to keep reading.

I'm a huge NFL fan. Yes, I have a life. Yes, I have a job. In a roundabout way, I was inspired to create this 2012 schedule by ESPN's NFL Playoff Machine (http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine). I started creating my own playoffs machine, which contained all 17 weeks of the regular season from 2011. I wanted to have this basic concept completed so that when the actual 2012 schedule was released, I could quickly plug it in my template and then my playoffs machine would be available to go live. However, I got a little over halfway done, and decided to switch gears and see how difficult it would be to create a (somewhat) realistic schedule of the 2012 NFL Regular Season and see if it would pick up any steam. This started as a small project, but I had NO idea how much work had to be put in to fit the criteria for an NFL schedule. Such as:

1. Cowboys @ Giants Week 1

2. Patriots @ Rams in London Week 8 (with Week 9 byes)

3. At least two other games between a divisional repeat game

4. No more than 3 consecutive home/away games (which my schedule doesn't even follow)

5. Thanksgiving - Dallas home game against an NFC opponent and Detroit home game against an AFC opponent

6. No Giants/Jets home games on the same day

7. Every team having one, and only one, Thursday game

8. No Oakland Raiders home games the same day as an Oakland Athletics home game

9. Potential NFL and MLB stadiums with "shared" parking (Kansas City Chiefs and Royals)

10. NFL stadiums with prior arrangements: Obama Democratic National Convention (Panthers Week 1), Seattle Sounders (Seahawks Week 5), and others

11. NFL Broadcasting issues with San Francisco and Oakland playing same at the same time on the same network

I posted this schedule Wednesday night (April 4th) and sent out a few generic tweets to see if anyone would pick it up. Well, Friday (April 6th) rolled around and I saw the story posted on ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/league-says-leaked-regular-season-schedule-is-bogus/). Immediately, I checked my blogspot and saw that I had over 54,000 page views. As of posting this update, I'm at over 83,000 page views. While it was amazing to watch it spread like wildfire, it was even more fun to see the excitement that comes behind the release of a simple schedule. I know people pointed out the flaws in my schedule left and right (Steelers/Bengals opening stretch, Bears schedule have all the away games frontloaded in the schedule, Eagles having a Thursday game before the bye), but trying to fix any one of those flaws leads to at least 2 or 3 more issues. I also clearly botched the 4:05pm vs 4:15pm thing, and just put all FOX games as 4:05pm and all CBS games as 4:15pm. With that being said, I don't envy all of the work that the NFL schedule makers have to do. If anything, it makes me respect them a lot more. I can't imagine how many drafts they create and how many times they think everything lines up, only to find one glaring mistake. I was extremely critical of some things in the schedule last year (like Philadelphia traveling to Seattle for a Thursday game), but this experience taught me that some things just can't be avoided. I have so many rough drafts of my work that documents all of the steps from start to finish in making my schedule. Whenever the NFL Schedule comes out, I'll be the first one to analyze it just like many of you will. I don't expect the actual schedule to be anything like this at all.

But as I mentioned earlier, it was entertaining to see what this fake schedule created around the internet. NFL Message Boards being flooded with topics and messages analyzing the schedule. Every fan base feels like their team deserves more PrimeTime games. Everyone said my MNF Schedule was atrocious (look at last years, I purposely picked less-than-stellar games). People started immediately going down the schedule and picking wins and losses. And last but not least, @incarceratedbob jumped on this story, posted it all over his twitter and blogspot, gave me absolutely no credit or recognition, and tried to post my own work as his own. He also went as far as tweeting, "**UPDATED NFL NEWS** NFL decides 2push back original date of releasing 2012 schedule(Leaked dates are why they moved back announcement) #IBN" While many websites posted the schedule, they all said it was complete speculation and should be taken with a grain of salt. ProFootballTalk is, without a doubt, my favorite website and there's never a moment where I don't have it up when I'm at my computer. If there was ever any doubt that Incarcerated Bob was a complete and total fraud, this proves it. Credible websites like ProFootballTalk immediately squashed the story. Same goes for a ton of other websites.

http://eaglesstats2012.blogspot.com/

It's bogus. They have the Jets and Giants both playing at 1 in weeks 3 and 17.
So?
So there's an agreement between CBS and FOX and the NFL not to do this. Neither network wants to lose 40% of their biggest market in any one week. They never schedule the Jets and Giants at the same time, except when they play each other and extremely extenuating circumstances (religious reasons caused this a couple of years ago).
That makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread