What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Popular Candy You've Never Tried (1 Viewer)

I wouldn't say they are popular because I would imagine they are terrible but they are well known..........Almond Joy & Mounds.

I mean who wants coconut in a candy bar?

I dreaded getting those on Halloween, and we sure as heck always got them. As I got older I didn't mind them, but when I was a kid? Ugh.
Really? I loved them. Even better are Bounty Bars from the UK. Milk chocolate with the coconut and no almonds. I would have been thrilled to get them.

Skittles are just nasty.

Love Heath Bars. I've got some right here by my desk.
Skor >>>>>>> Heath
Never had Skor. In what way are they better? A nice new snack might be good.
When we tasted them, it was kind of like the Heath was sweeter, but the Skor was almost toasted-tasting, a deeper flavor. Heath = Pepsi, Skor = Coke, maybe?
Skor was my go to. Might be why I like stouts and porters now, but prefer stouts.

I wouldn't say they are popular because I would imagine they are terrible but they are well known..........Almond Joy & Mounds.

I dreaded getting those on Halloween, and we sure as heck always got them. As I got older I didn't mind them, but when I was a kid? Ugh.
Really? I loved them. Even better are Bounty Bars from the UK. Milk chocolate with the coconut and no almonds. I would have been thrilled to get them.

Skittles are just nasty.

Love Heath Bars. I've got some right here by my desk.
Skor >>>>>>> Heath
Never had Skor. In what way are they better? A nice new snack might be good.
When we tasted them, it was kind of like the Heath was sweeter, but the Skor was almost toasted-tasting, a deeper flavor. Heath = Pepsi, Skor = Coke, maybe?
Looks like we need to try these.

These always go from the kids buckets to my bag. These are among my favorite candy.
There's always one guy

York peppermint patties are pretty stupid too. Here’s a giant *** Junior mint
Except they aren't. The insides are totally different. Junior mint is more liquidy and sweeter. Peppermint patties are dryer and more minty.

The peppermint crunch junior mints are the best of these choices. They are awesome.

3 Musketeers bar always made me angry as a kid.

Nougat? And some chocolate on the outside? That's it. Like a blank candy bar pattern.

No nuts, no fruit, no crispy something. Just that nougat, freaking candy asbestos. Most boring candy bar ever.

Hello there fellow 3 musketeers hater. Might be a bottom 3 candy bar along with Reese Fast Break and Chunky
Get outta here, those are money.

You say that like it's a bad thing, but... Who's gonna turn down a Junior Mint? It's chocolate, it's peppermint - it's delicious!
It's very refreshing!
..........and they stave-off infection. Anybody want a triangle painting?
They had to use a York Peppermint Pattie to film the scene. Junior Mints weren't big enough for the camera.

My family thinks I'm weird because I've never tried Fun Dip. Who wants to just lick straight up sugar crystals? Put them into chocolate or caramel or nougat or something with some other flavors and I'll chow down, but just eating a raw spoonful of sugar? No thanks.

My family thinks I'm weird because I've never tried Fun Dip. Who wants to just lick straight up sugar crystals? Put them into chocolate or caramel or nougat or something with some other flavors and I'll chow down, but just eating a raw spoonful of sugar? No thanks.

For what it's worth, I think you're weird, too. :wink:

Lik-M-Aid / Fun Dip was awesome.

Good to know they still make Fun Dip. We thought we were so cool eating that stuff as kids. And the sugar is flavored like a pixie stick. Totally different thing boss :wink:

And to the poster who has never tried NERDS, not sure if you lived under a rock or the USSR in the 80s but they were everywhere. Doesn't get much better than a handful of those little Grape and Strawberry pebbles.

I'm so fat... How fat are you? I'm so fat I can't think of one candy bar I haven't at least tried let alone liked.

Protein bars are often better than a lot of candy bars nowadays. If you're fat or have a sweet tooth, Barebells are a game changer. Gives me my candy fix and helps maintain my girlish figure 💪

I'm so fat... How fat are you? I'm so fat I can't think of one candy bar I haven't at least tried let alone liked.

Protein bars are often better than a lot of candy bars nowadays. If you're fat or have a sweet tooth, Barebells are a game changer. Gives me my candy fix and helps maintain my girlish figure 💪

My go to: https://www.amazon.com/Quest-Nutrit...ndly/dp/B01IRE8IQ8?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

Quest is so 5 years ago. Protein bars are always evolving and those taste like crusty cardboard compared to Barebells. If you want a protein bar that REALLY tastes like a candy bar with virtually no added sugar, you'll be hard pressed to find something better.

Right? I was a candy junky when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure I've tried everything unless it's something new that has come out in the past 30 years.

My go to: https://www.amazon.com/Quest-Nutrit...ndly/dp/B01IRE8IQ8?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

Quest is so 5 years ago. Protein bars are always evolving and those taste like crusty cardboard compared to Barebells. If you want a protein bar that REALLY tastes like a candy bar with virtually no added sugar, you'll be hard pressed to find something better.
I'll give them a try. I'm drawn to the Caramel Cashew, Choco Hazelnut and the Salty Peanut 🥎 Any opinions on those?

You say that like it's a bad thing, but... Who's gonna turn down a Junior Mint? It's chocolate, it's peppermint - it's delicious!
It's very refreshing!
..........and they stave-off infection. Anybody want a triangle painting?
They had to use a York Peppermint Pattie to film the scene. Junior Mints weren't big enough for the camera.
I hope I never get stuck with a surgical team that can't spot a York peppermint pattie before they sew me up.

I've never had a Reggie bar or an Oh Henry bar - do they still exist, and are/were they any good?

Another endorsement for Payday here - those are surprisingly good for such a simple concept. Haven't had a chocolate covered one though.

Also with the Three Musketeers thing, they are a bit of a letdown knowing they're just a step or two away from being a MIlky Way or a Snickers bar. Also, why are they named Three Musketeers when there are only 2 elements?

I couldn't think of a candy bar I haven't ever tried, but two mentioned in this thread that have eluded me are Zero and Skor. I'm not sure they qualify as "popular" but I do see them on shelves so people must buy them.

Nougat? And some chocolate on the outside? That's it. Like a blank candy bar pattern.

No nuts, no fruit, no crispy something. Just that nougat, freaking candy asbestos. Most boring candy bar ever.
You should probably bring this up at your next therapy session...
Haven’t thought about Chunky in ages. Shows how effective those marketers were back in the day, as I still remember those “thickerer” commercials.
Dude the Chunky's with raisins were my favorite. I'm a sucker for chocolate covered raisins.

I'll give them a try. I'm drawn to the Caramel Cashew, Choco Hazelnut and the Salty Peanut 🥎 Any opinions on those?

You can't really lose and I celebrate their entire catalog but Creamy Crisp is my favorite (think Milky Way mixed with Nestle Crunch). Salty Peanut is my #2....another thing I like about them is their softer texture. Quest are like tough tootsie rolls and have cost me a few dentist visits due to lost fillings/crowns.

Let me tell you about some other candy I wasn't happy with.

Bit-O-Honey-- vaguely honey flavored fiberglass jerky.

Necco Wafers-- This is for the kid not ready for Three Musketeers.

Ribbon Candy-- made from sugar, food coloring, natural flavors, razor blades

For those looking for a new one to try, HI-Chew might be worth checking out. A long time Japanese candy that has recently become super popular with stoners.

Love those. Got turned on to them over Covid with a delivery order from GoPuff. Complimented my smoking accessories perfectly :chefskiss:

Necco and ribbon candy are not good at all, but aren't necessarily objectionable in my book. Like those candy dots on paper - so lacking in flavor, they are hard to enjoy, but hard to hate.

Chunky is flat out nasty and is in the bottom of my candy rankings. Obligatory Family Guy bit on Chunky.

Hello there fellow 3 musketeers hater. Might be a bottom 3 candy bar along with Reese Fast Break and Chunky
Get outta here, those are money.
They're the worse version of a Milky Way, which is the worse version of a Snickers.

Necco wafer? I’d rather eat a circus peanut covered in good n plenty crumbs

Cool thread. It's getting a lot of hate but I loved me some Almond Joy. Never had Skittles? Wtf. Ha ha. I remember when Nerds first came out. I was all about them for a stretch. Remember Chick o Stick? Absolutely loved it. Skor? Hell ya. Ibe always just loved me some candy. I guess Bit O Honey would be my least favorite. Or Charleston Chew. Yuck

Users who are viewing this thread