What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please Read - "Who's Hottest?" Type Threads - And An Apology (1 Viewer)

The goofy yellow smiley face has always been our logo. We had a shirt in the early 2000's with a comic book type dominatrix with the tagline "Dominate Your Friends". We chose not to continue that many years ago because it wasn't something I was comfortable with. 
I did not know this.   :thumbup:  to consistency.

This from a guy that has participated in who's hottest threads.

I see both sides.

Pros:  started getting a little out of hand with negativity and definitely lacked some class from a handful of posters.

Cons:  when done right it was a good way to commune with internet guys, afterall guys like women primarily based on attraction.  :shrug:

Will the “I need answers” thread regarding the identity of individuals in commercials survive? I am genuinely curious about the names of the actresses and actors, so I can research other work featuring their stellar acting talents.

Last edited by a moderator:
But where am I supposed to find pictures of scantily clad women on the Internet now? 

(that's probably already been said, but I ain't reading 5 pages for it.)

Disappointed, as they were a fun harmless distraction from everyday life.  For better or worse I won't be visiting these pages as often.  Anyone have a less prudish site suggestion?

Disappointed, as they were a fun harmless distraction from everyday life.  For better or worse I won't be visiting these pages as often.   
This is the beginning of the end.   That doesn't mean that it's a bad decision either.  Rating women probably wasn't cool.  

Getting rid of the yoga pants and hot at 50 years of age threads is going too far.  I don't see the harm.  Traffic here will slow.   There is simply less reason for men to be here.  

This is the beginning of the end.   That doesn't mean that it's a bad decision either.  Rating women probably wasn't cool.  

Getting rid of the yoga pants and hot at 50 years of age threads is going too far.  I don't see the harm.  Traffic here will slow.   There is simply less reason for men to be here.  
One day Joe will wake up and you'll see another apology thread, and poof there goes the yoga pants and hot 50.  It's a slippery slope, and I don't care for the way Joe's sliding.   

Are you kidding me, he is getting rid of Yoga Pants and Over 50.  What kind of ##### ### country has this become.  For God's sakes, if StudsandDuds were still posting here he would go on a rant that would live in infamy about the ####ification of this country.

Our founding fathers are rolling in their graves.  If we lose simple threads like these, whats next.  No more AZRon stories.  No more NRJ.  No man in the yellow hat, no Roy Karpis pool time stories.   I mean this is a travesty upon all travesties.

You do know there are thousands of sites that host what you are looking for.... right :oldunsure:
Of course I do.  But I've spent 14 years here, and I generally know all the little backstories that make some of the jokes in the FFA threads so funny.  Little simple references to things that only someone who has been around forever would find funny or possibly even hilarious.  Three Racks - got it.  Steve - got it.  Man in Yellow Hat - got it.  All of them wiped away.

I come to the FFA nearly every day.  Daily reading is Cappy's NBA thread (minus DJax) and whenever the over 50 or yoga thread gets bumped as well as anything by AZRon or currently NRJ.  I don't post a ton, but dammit I've got thousands of hours invested in this site and I hate seeing it get totally ####ified.

I have to say, the one that had the barely legal girls (If they were legal) was probably the tipping point and I'm ok with it.

T&A is easy to find.  I enjoyed comparing Shuke's list to mine.  Seeing how long before Christo popped in...  It was just a bunch of guys blowing of steam and doing what guys do.  a non PC place that took me away from life's more serious thoughts.  I'm sad to see it go.
I have to agree. A lot of the "Whose [sic] Hottest" threads didn't have Playmate-quality talent and that's what made it interesting. 'Which of these average females is most attractive?' 

I enjoyed picking my favorite and then seeing if the FBG community was in agreement. It was fun. 

But, that said, I'm not leaving the FFA because Joe decided to do away with it. It will just make me look cooler in 10 years when I can say, "Remember the whose [sic] hottest threads?" 

You do know there are thousands of sites that host what you are looking for.... right :oldunsure:
Exactly. The few guys here who are up in arms about this are cracking me up. Like this is the only place you could see that stuff on the internet. Hilarious that there are a couple who won't come back....  :lmao:  

I understand the decision.

What's kind of interesting to me though is who is really objectifying the women in most of these group pictures? Clearly the women themselves are posing and trying to look hot. Let's blame the poor unattractive overweight guys who could never land women like this drooling over them though. Seems kinda silly.

I understand the decision.

What's kind of interesting to me though is who is really objectifying the women in most of these group pictures? Clearly the women themselves are posing and trying to look hot. Let's blame the poor unattractive overweight guys who could never land women like this drooling over them though. Seems kinda silly.
it begs a societal question....what exactly is an instagram model?  another way to say money whore?

Users who are viewing this thread