What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pitting out (1 Viewer)

shake zula

Footballguy
Since I've moved to Ohio I tend to pitout all the time. I lived in South Florida for 23 years and this was never a problem. I wore an undershirt today and still managed to sweat through the shirt and the dress shirt.

I've been wearing Gillette 3x protection or w/e the hell its called. I need something a bit stronger but not quite prescription strength. Suggestions? Brands? Home remedies?

I asked this once and was given the greatest advice ever...Drysol.

I had pit stains that just started one summer and after one use it was almost gone.

Came back a little a few weeks later and used it again.

I've used it maybe once more in the past 2 years. No more pitting out!

Prescription only in the US but over the counter in Canada.

/thread

I used to really struggle with this, and I found that moving away from antiperspirant to a straight deodorant stick made all the difference. For some reason, the antiperspirant acted as a sweat producer...I think it made my pits hotter. Deodorant is light, and my pits remain airy. I made this switch about 5 years ago, and I can't remember the last time I had visible sweat stains.

Give it a try. It's cheaper than Drysol, and may be a simple answer.

Shave your bush. It won't retain as much water. A hairy bush is like peat moss, it just holds water.

Last edited by a moderator:
facook said:
I used to really struggle with this, and I found that moving away from antiperspirant to a straight deodorant stick made all the difference. For some reason, the antiperspirant acted as a sweat producer...I think it made my pits hotter. Deodorant is light, and my pits remain airy. I made this switch about 5 years ago, and I can't remember the last time I had visible sweat stains.Give it a try. It's cheaper than Drysol, and may be a simple answer.
I heard to avoid anti-perspirants too. After a few applications of Drysol and only using deodorants, all is well.I think the drysol really cleans out the pores and helps your pits breath.

If Drysol or other prescription antiperspirants don't work for you, you may want to consider Botox injections. The injections will last 4 to 7 months and work very well. Some insurance companies will pickup some or all of the cost.

at my job we can dress business casual.....slacks nice shirt, even polo type shirts......for some reason I have found that if I put on a t-shirt and a dress shirt on days when we need to look better, I seem to sweat more then when I am just wearing my normal work clothes....almost like having the t-shirt and the dress shirt up under and closer to the pits makes me sweat more....very frustrating........

will have to check out this Drysol thing.........

For some odd reason, if I stick with one brand longer than 3-4 weeks, it quits working. I'll switch for a week or two then go back. Best for me so far has been Arm and Hammer Anti

Degree Clinical Protection is OTC and is the best I have used out of the over-the-counter selections

I will have to check into the drysol, as well
This just in, Drysol is THE ####! I've done 2 applications and almost ZERO pit sweating.Question for the Drysol users. After the initial 2 or 3 nights, does once a week cover you from that point on? And do you use normal deo after that between the once-a-week applications?

Degree Clinical Protection is OTC and is the best I have used out of the over-the-counter selections

This just in, Drysol is THE ####! I've done 2 applications and almost ZERO pit sweating.Question for the Drysol users. After the initial 2 or 3 nights, does once a week cover you from that point on? And do you use normal deo after that between the once-a-week applications?
told ya.Don't even use it again until you have an issue. After the first 2 applications it was many weeks before I needed another dose. In 2 years I've probably used it 2 or 3 more times at most. I just use regular, non anti-persperant, deoderant.

Miracle stuff that Drysol.

Second time I used it kinda burned and itched a bit that night. Might have used too much.

It must just really clean out the pores after so many years of clogging with deoderant.

Last edited by a moderator:

told ya.Don't even use it again until you have an issue. After the first 2 applications it was many weeks before I needed another dose. In 2 years I've probably used it 2 or 3 more times at most. I just use regular, non anti-persperant, deoderant.

Second time I used it kinda burned and itched a bit that night. Might have used too much.

It must just really clean out the pores after so many years of clogging with deoderant.
Drysol is basically useless for me. Botox injections have been the only thing that's given me real results.

Does this Drysol stuff help with sweating in general?

I sweat like a madman. During the summer, I literally cannot wear anything more then shorts and a very thin button up short sleeved shirt. No underwear, no undershirt, nada. Even then I sweat enough that its uncomfortable. This may just be normal, as Maryland is a humid mess during the summer months.

Day 3 (after 3rd application last night) - zero pit sweating! it's 95 degrees here today and humid as always, and while being outside for a while, had some forehead sweating, but pits and tshirt and polo were completely dry! WOO HOO! I'm going to try no application tonight and see how it goes.

Does this Drysol stuff help with sweating in general?I sweat like a madman. During the summer, I literally cannot wear anything more then shorts and a very thin button up short sleeved shirt. No underwear, no undershirt, nada. Even then I sweat enough that its uncomfortable. This may just be normal, as Maryland is a humid mess during the summer months.
FYI, the instructions that come with it give directions for underarm, palms, feet, and scalp.I may give the feet a try next. My feet also sweat badly, so when playing basketball, etc. my socks get soaking wet and I end up getting bad blisters, sometimes even when wearing the good accrylic socks.Anyone tried Drysol on the feet (or anywhere other than the pits)?

Drysol? Botox injections?

Really struggling with the pit sweat lately. No idea why.
Mine came out of nowhere and was really bad for a couple of years. It's been normal since using Drysol back when I posted in this thread. Haven't had to use it since.

I see a roll-on and liquid version available. Going all in on max strength.

I'd pick roll-on naturally, but for guys who have used this before, does it make a difference if you use roll-on or liquid?

still use it... once every few weeks

still recommend it

did not know there was a roll-on available now, will have to check into that
I found the roll-on version on a shady-looking Canadian site, not Amazon. Sticking with the dab-on and purchase via Amazon on the first try, I think is the smart way to go about this.

Users who are viewing this thread