What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pitching question for the experts (1 Viewer)

zoonation

Footballguy
Where does Roy Halladay rank in terms of the best in the majors? It seems to me that over the last number of years, he has been one of the most consistent guys out there.

Is he top 5?

If you're speaking in terms of fantasy value, Halladay goes up and down based on his strikeout rate. If he's whiffing guys like he did last year and is doing so far this year, he's a top 5 pitcher. His 2006 and 2007 K numbers would put him more at the bottom of the first tier.

From a real baseball perspective, there's absolutely no question Halladay is a top 5 guy. He not only wins you games, he pretty much gives the bullpen a day off while he does it.

Best pitcher in the league. Not sure who even compares to him. Guys like Cliff Lee will come along and put up great numbers for one season but no one in the league is as consistent as Doc. There is no pitcher I'd rather have on the mound when you need a win.

Best pitcher in the league. Not sure who even compares to him. Guys like Cliff Lee will come along and put up great numbers for one season but no one in the league is as consistent as Doc. There is no pitcher I'd rather have on the mound when you need a win.
Outside of Johan he may be the best starting pitchers in the majors. Peavy is up there as well. Halladay is just money, always gets his innings and has a short memory.

zoonation said:
Where does Roy Halladay rank in terms of the best in the majors? It seems to me that over the last number of years, he has been one of the most consistent guys out there.Is he top 5?
top 3 without a doubt and an argument for the best can be made

Users who are viewing this thread