What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pierre Thomas (4 Viewers)

I think Jason Snelling would be a great FA signing for NO. He's huge, can move the pile, and he's got hands too.

I like Snelling as well, he'd be a big physical guy that we need...plus the added bonus of stealing him from Atlanta. I'm curious to see the upcoming draft class to see what might be out there for us to pick up RB-wise.

Does Heath Evans have any value? Bush will clearly be the go-to back but he isn't much of a goal line back obviously. I'm wondering who gets the short yardage carries...Julius Jones, who had a costly fumble at the 1 last week, Deshawn Wynn, or Heath Evans?

Does Heath Evans have any value? Bush will clearly be the go-to back but he isn't much of a goal line back obviously. I'm wondering who gets the short yardage carries...Julius Jones, who had a costly fumble at the 1 last week, Deshawn Wynn, or Heath Evans?
Maybe it's J Bell. Isn't he the biggest?

i can see how they might try it with Evans occasionally, as he has done it in the past with the team. this year, however, not so much. He really does a fine job blocking but also has great hands. He seems like he could play the role in the offense that TE Dave Thomas usually plays.

I still dont think Heath Evans is healthy with that knee. We will see, he hasn't seemed right to me though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bush will clearly be the go-to back but he isn't much of a goal line back obviously.
Bush, while not a piledriver, has actually been an excellent goal-line back when used in that capacity -- great at squeezing through pileups, going over the pile, or sprinting to the corner.

even though it sucks to lose PT and Ivory, I don't get all the doom and gloom. if there's a coach who can figure out how to best use the pieces he's got, it's Payton. and Drew's not likely to cave under any increase in responsibility. but more than anything else, here you go Reggie...time to show everyone what you've got.

even though it sucks to lose PT and Ivory, I don't get all the doom and gloom. if there's a coach who can figure out how to best use the pieces he's got, it's Payton. and Drew's not likely to cave under any increase in responsibility. but more than anything else, here you go Reggie...time to show everyone what you've got.
the saints are a passing team to begin with but losing to truly credible threats in the running game limits the playcalling that much more. when reggie runs well it's always more of a surprise than anything. it's a bonus that isn't accounted for. nevermind that reggie runs hot-cold more than any player on the team and seems to finish games dinged up.

Seriously, should the Saints go RB in next years draft?
I was schocked when they didn't take an RB in any of the last three drafts. Reggie Bush and Deuce McAllister have been the only Saints' RBs drafted on the first day in the last decade. That changes in this coming draft, I wager.
I would go after DeAngelo Williams , imagine how productive this guy would be as a Saint ...

I was schocked when they didn't take an RB in any of the last three drafts. Reggie Bush and Deuce McAllister have been the only Saints' RBs drafted on the first day in the last decade. That changes in this coming draft, I wager.
I would go after DeAngelo Williams , imagine how productive this guy would be as a Saint ...
I agree. Love me some DWIll but it is not like the Saints to get a high priced FA. They also have to extend Drew Brees and wrap several other FA's next year. I would love it if it happened though.

the saints are a passing team to begin with but losing to truly credible threats in the running game limits the playcalling that much more. when reggie runs well it's always more of a surprise than anything. it's a bonus that isn't accounted for. nevermind that reggie runs hot-cold more than any player on the team and seems to finish games dinged up.
Funny, I was watching some show yesterday (NFL live maybe) and they were saying how this would be a positive for Brees. They said with Reggie in the game, defenses have to game plan for him, so they are much more limited with what they can do in terms of schemes and packages. They pointed to Brees having a lot of INTs this year, and Bush missing most of the season, to back this up.

Funny, I was watching some show yesterday (NFL live maybe) and they were saying how this would be a positive for Brees. They said with Reggie in the game, defenses have to game plan for him, so they are much more limited with what they can do in terms of schemes and packages. They pointed to Brees having a lot of INTs this year, and Bush missing most of the season, to back this up.
i don't think it has as much to do with the targets as it does the attempts. brees had fewer attempts last year (in the top 10, despite a prolific offense) and those 11 INTs comprised only around 2% of those attempts. this year, he's second in passing attempts and has almost 150 more attempts this year than the previous season. he's throwing more but only 3% of those attempts are INTs. my point is that he's not throwing more INTs but rather simply throwing more and the INTs are a consequence of that. last year, the saints were in the top 10 of rushing attempts but, this year, are at the bottom in rushing attempts. only the redskins and cardinals have fewer attempts. this pass-heavy offense invites more INTS by sheer volume alone, i think, and not because he's missing targets.the only positive i see for brees is that he has another potential target with reggie. reggie isn't necessary a better one though because the saints offense with brees can make pretty much anyone a hero. if reggie is to make defenses truly account for him then he needs to show an ability to run the ball effectively. maybe more importantly, payton needs to show a willingness to run the ball and make defense account for his playcalling.

I was coming in here to post this. He would be a major bump for this team. He would flourish in this offense. The Saints should go after him full court press. A very good all around back. He does get hurt though that is the only thing that bugs me about DeAngelo. He tends to get hurt. But in this offense he may be used a lot more in space and then you have a bigger back for the tough short yardage and use Bush as you have been in the passing game and special teams.

Saints gonna let him walk. It seemed like not long ago the Saints had quite the stable with Ingram, Ivory, Thomas, & Sproles.

big loss for the team. he was one of the good guys, who was respected and showed tremendous leadership. he has been on the decline, certainly, but he's going to be missed.

Right after the Vikings game (iirc) it seemed obvious to me that he was either hurt or the slowest halfback in the NFL. Of course he ended up missing a few games, but even when he came back he looked extremely slow.

I was fairly pointed about his lack of physical tools and got some pushback in some Saints threads here as a result.

But slow or not Thomas can still follow blocks on a screen with the best of them and make other heady plays.

...but his basic athletic tools (speed, agility, etc) are worse than many tight ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread