What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Percy detained for DUI, later cleared (1 Viewer)

Steed

Footballguy
http://mynorthwest.com/292/2304727/Seahawks-Percy-Harvin-cleared-after-DUI-investigation#.UczxhQgyNpI.twitter

Seahawks receiver Percy Harvin was released without any criminal citation after he was investigated for DUI following a traffic stop on Interstate 405 on Thursday afternoon.

Percy Harvin

Harvin was pulled over by the Washington State Patrol on a routine traffic stop. The trooper found probable cause to arrest Harvin for investigation of driving under the influence. He was taken back to the patrol station where a drug-evaluation expert was summoned to conduct further tests. That expert concluded Harvin was not under the influence, according to the state patrol.

Harvin was released without being cited for any criminal traffic violation. He won't be charged with DUI.

Harvin, 25, was acquired by Seattle this offseason in a trade from the Minnesota Vikings. The Seahawks gave up three draft picks to acquire Harvin, including this year's first-round choice. Seattle also signed Harvin to a new contract that runs through the next six seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Misleading title. You can't be almost caught for something you didn't do. How about "wrongly detained and later released".

It might not be "nothing". It's quite possible to appear to be under the influence of SOMETHING and it not be alcohol. Hopefully that SOMETHING isnt about to be found on some upcoming "random" drug test.

Hoping it ends up nothing.

It might not be "nothing". It's quite possible to appear to be under the influence of SOMETHING and it not be alcohol. Hopefully that SOMETHING isnt about to be found on some upcoming "random" drug test.

It's not like they took him back to the station to blow into the breathalyzer. A drug-evaluation expert cleared him.

Gawain said:
Percy Harvin scored a 12 on the Wonderlic. His normal may be the average man's stoned.
You mean to tell me that Hernandez's score of 17 was higher than Percy? Scientist's head is gonna explode over this one. This thread may have more wheels than that Russell Wilson thread.

ConnSKINS26 said:
ghostguy123 said:

It's not like they took him back to the station to blow into the breathalyzer. A drug-evaluation expert cleared him.
Hmm, maybe the NFL should hire these drug evaluation experts. Seems like it would cost a lot less than doing all those pesky labs they have to send out.

A drug evaluation expert isn't exactly the most scientific way to know what is in someone's system, considering they do not take any specimens of any kind.

ghostguy123 said:

Pot is legal in Washington St.....baded on Harvin's history he was probably stoned. I heard on local radio that in the NFL players know they are going to be tested for pot one time per year in the early offseason. Once they are tested they then don't get tested for it again that year. This was per a local radio host....not sure if its true. He said 60% of the NFL smokes pot. (guy was a beat writter in Seattle) I wouldn't doubt his claim.

Probably not a coincidence that Washington St. legalizes pot and then the Seahawks sign a bunch of free agents, most of which came at below market deals.

ghostguy123 said:

Pot is legal in Washington St.....baded on Harvin's history he was probably stoned. I heard on local radio that in the NFL players know they are going to be tested for pot one time per year in the early offseason. Once they are tested they then don't get tested for it again that year. This was per a local radio host....not sure if its true. He said 60% of the NFL smokes pot. (guy was a beat writter in Seattle) I wouldn't doubt his claim.

Probably not a coincidence that Washington St. legalizes pot and then the Seahawks sign a bunch of free agents, most of which came at below market deals.
It doesn't matter if pot is legal in Washington, he was driving a vehicle. If they thought he wasn't sober he'd be screwed. It's not hard to make a dude pee in a cup once you've got him back at the station.

ghostguy123 said:

It doesn't matter if pot is legal in Washington, he was driving a vehicle. If they thought he wasn't sober he'd be screwed. It's not hard to make a dude pee in a cup once you've got him back at the station.
The drug analyst expert doesn't have people per in a cup. There is NO labwork done.

ghostguy123 said:

The drug analyst expert doesn't have people per in a cup. There is NO labwork done.
Nice. Does he just hold their hands and stare deeply into their eyes, while humming? Or just give one really smothering, slow bear hug and hold it while he checks if their "aura" is sober? Sounds like a real expert.

Nice. Does he just hold their hands and stare deeply into their eyes, while humming? Or just give one really smothering, slow bear hug and hold it while he checks if their "aura" is sober? Sounds like a real expert.
You should just google what the drug analyst expert does.

I was joking, and being sarcastic, because you're wrong. I already looked it up, before that post. Maybe you should too?It's not a "drug analyst expert", that doesn't exist. As the article says, it's a drug evaluation expert--otherwise known as a drug recognition expert. They use a 12 step process to determine what drugs a person is or isn't on. Pretty rigorous. And the 12th step? Blood, saliva, or urine sampling to do a concrete test for drugs.

Why talk out of your ### when you can just use google? And then, ironically, tell me to--wait for it--use google?

Pardon. They only collect the specimens if they feel after the other tests that the person is under the influence of something. I do not know too many police stations that have a lab to do all these tests. In which case, they need to be sent out to a lab, while the person is detained.

Did Harvin give blood, saliva, and urine?

My bad on the exact details. From what I understood from before if the tests concluded the person was under the influence of something, they would be sent to a facility that collects and tests the labs (this happened to two people I know personally a few years back).

ConnSKINS26 said:
ghostguy123 said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
I was joking, and being sarcastic, because you're wrong. I already looked it up, before that post. Maybe you should too?It's not a "drug analyst expert", that doesn't exist. As the article says, it's a drug evaluation expert--otherwise known as a drug recognition expert. They use a 12 step process to determine what drugs a person is or isn't on. Pretty rigorous. And the 12th step? Blood, saliva, or urine sampling to do a concrete test for drugs.

Why talk out of your ### when you can just use google? And then, ironically, tell me to--wait for it--use google?
Funny how everything can be resolved in exactly 12 steps. Lucky that there weren't 13 steps to go through...

ConnSKINS26 said:
ghostguy123 said:
ConnSKINS26 said:

Funny how everything can be resolved in exactly 12 steps. Lucky that there weren't 13 steps to go through...
Step one open the box.

Users who are viewing this thread