What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pawn Stars on History Channel (1 Viewer)

It's always amusing to me when the customers get pissed at the appraisal of the expert, like the miserable old guy with the gun last night. "Well I disagree strongly with that estimate!!!"
That Craig dude is going to get his jaw broken one of these days. He goes out of his way to belittle the customers.

Fame brings less authenticity.
Perfect way to describe it.

A running sub-plot on the show the past couple of years is Corey and Chum asking Rick for a raise. Ridiculous. It takes a two second trip to Google to find out how much these guys make per episode (plus a cut of every re-run).
Yeah, the constant "Chum is poor and needs money" is stupid when the guy is raking in the $$.

Chumweiser does not sound good.

Rick full-on cliche tonight with multiple "I have to make money off of this" and "it's going to sit for a long time" lines.

Odds that Corey knew anything about Bob Hayes before he found out the jersey was coming in to the shop?
:goodposting:

What an #######.
Show is much weaker when Corey and Chum are doing the deal -- I find that I am more entertained when Rick or the Old Man are the main point men on the sale.\

Corey is OK but not my favorite -- but watching Chum do a deal is tortuous and unwatchable (makes the show seem even more scripted than it already is, which is saying alot)
I don't watch much anymore, but the Old Man always seemed like he was definitely a con artist in another life. He makes the other lowball offers look terrific.
Godforbid I would ever walk in that clip joint to have to sell something, but if the old man came up to me I would have to walk out and try again later. How the hell has that guy not gotten shot over the years?

Odds that Corey knew anything about Bob Hayes before he found out the jersey was coming in to the shop?
:goodposting: What an #######.
Show is much weaker when Corey and Chum are doing the deal -- I find that I am more entertained when Rick or the Old Man are the main point men on the sale.\Corey is OK but not my favorite -- but watching Chum do a deal is tortuous and unwatchable (makes the show seem even more scripted than it already is, which is saying alot)
I don't watch much anymore, but the Old Man always seemed like he was definitely a con artist in another life. He makes the other lowball offers look terrific.
Godforbid I would ever walk in that clip joint to have to sell something, but if the old man came up to me I would have to walk out and try again later. How the hell has that guy not gotten shot over the years?
:lmao:

It was painful to watch Corey and Chum (who are barely into their early 30's) huffing, puffing and gasping their way through that golf course.

Episodes are becoming so Chumlee heavy that we've started fast forwarding through his segments when he's overly involved (parking lot jerkaround was painful). Looks like they are running out of items to buy and have to fill it with Chumfluff.

Are we really supposed to believe that Chumlee is so stupid that he thinks he's doing a good job by chasing away all the customers? Or that Rick wouldn't fire an employee that stupid?

I hate shows that insult the viewer's intelligence. I think I'm done, but I'll miss Rebecca.

A pretty good show tonight, at least regarding the items. The Les Paul guitar was pretty cool; the Lincoln campaign poster had an interesting backstory.

The Old Man was "wired up" on energy drinks and coffee, but he still couldn't move any slower if he tried.

Unwatchable now. The goofy skits are annoying even when on in the background and I'm just goofing on the internet.

A pretty good show tonight, at least regarding the items. The Les Paul guitar was pretty cool; the Lincoln campaign poster had an interesting backstory.

The Old Man was "wired up" on energy drinks and coffee, but he still couldn't move any slower if he tried.
Still not buying that Lincoln poster was original, or that Mark could judge it as such while still in the frame. It could be old, maybe 1880s or 1900, and possibly from the original plate, but I wouldn't buy 1864 without checking it further, especially any paper watermarks. Mark just came in and went, "Yup, looks old. Got some scratches on it, must be legit."

More Chumlee on the way:

History Channel is spinning off Rick, Corey and Chumlee into a Trivia Game-Show, called "Pawnography"...

which pits the guys from the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop against contestants in three rounds of trivia questions that get progressively tougher. Prizes include cash and items from the pawn shop. Items that — here’s the kicker — owner Rick Harrison doesn’t want to give up and will battle to keep. Harrison, his son Corey and their sidekick Chumlee will appear in each episode, which will be filmed in Las Vegas with a live audience. Pawnography is set to premiere in the summer.

More Chumlee on the way:

History Channel is spinning off Rick, Corey and Chumlee into a Trivia Game-Show, called "Pawnography"...

which pits the guys from the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop against contestants in three rounds of trivia questions that get progressively tougher. Prizes include cash and items from the pawn shop. Items that — here’s the kicker — owner Rick Harrison doesn’t want to give up and will battle to keep. Harrison, his son Corey and their sidekick Chumlee will appear in each episode, which will be filmed in Las Vegas with a live audience. Pawnography is set to premiere in the summer.
No, no, no. They need Rick, Rebecca, and the Beard of Knowledge.

More Chumlee on the way:

which pits the guys from the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop against contestants in three rounds of trivia questions that get progressively tougher. Prizes include cash and items from the pawn shop. Items that heres the kicker owner Rick Harrison doesnt want to give up and will battle to keep. Harrison, his son Corey and their sidekick Chumlee will appear in each episode, which will be filmed in Las Vegas with a live audience. Pawnography is set to premiere in the summer.
So round one you face Chumlee and have questions like "how many US States are there"

Then in round two you get Mr. Roundhouse.

Then in round three you get Rick

Juat assuming. Would be cool if the now-titled Beard of Knowledge (aka maybe guy who got a bit of a clue about cashing in a little) and Rebecca etc would be like possible phone a friends.

Honestly the game show has the potential to be much better than this trash fire of a show.

-QG

Rick was breathing through his mouth during that entire scene with the painting. He's turning into the old man right before our eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread