What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pats/Bucs in game thread (1 Viewer)

OnTheReg

Footballguy
7-0 Pats, opening drive TD pass from Brady to Hernandez. Wow did the Pats look efficient. Woodhead about a 25 yard gain that set up the TD. Brady to Welker started the drive off on about an 11-yd pass.

Pats D forced TB to go 3 and out, almost sacked Freeman twice.

It's just ridiculous how good the Pats' line is. Brady has time to check every receiver twice, and the RBs can't even feel someone breathing on them until they get 7 yards downfield.

They don't get nearly enough credit.

It's just ridiculous how good the Pats' line is. Brady has time to check every receiver twice, and the RBs can't even feel someone breathing on them until they get 7 yards downfield.They don't get nearly enough credit.
I agree...... I think it is a safe statement that most good NFL OL do not get the credit they deserve.

Pats defense looks unbelievable. Just sacked Freeman for a loss of 6 yards. 2nd and 31 coming up (holding penalty and false start before. As good as Pats look, TB looks PUTRID. :bag: :bag:

Brady 11 yard pass to Welker and comes out, he's done for the night. 7 of 9 for 78 yards, 2 tds. Hoyer in, Mike Reiss said Mallett might be first QB in after TB12, guess not.

Ummm and now Brady is back in, haha. BB and TB12 just loves screwing with people's heads, preseason or not.

Law firm 2 yard TD. 20-0 Pats with :6 left in the first, pending the XP. Can't remember a better first quarter in a preseason game.

Pats absolutely taking the Bucs out to the woodshed so far. I haven't seen anything like this since I saw lions mauling gazelles on Animal Kingdom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see this game. Four questions:

1. Will Blount be the heavy duty ball carrier for Tampa Bay? Will he be what Michael Turner has been for Atlanta?

2. Is there a main ball carrier for New England? Or just another committee?

3. Is Gronkowski really a TE1? Or is he going to be splitting time with Hernandez and neither one will be consistent?

4. Is Ocho going to have a good to great year?

Any impressions on this stuff would be most helpful, as my draft comes up Sunday night. TIA

I can't see this game. Four questions:1. Will Blount be the heavy duty ball carrier for Tampa Bay? Will he be what Michael Turner has been for Atlanta?2. Is there a main ball carrier for New England? Or just another committee? 3. Is Gronkowski really a TE1? Or is he going to be splitting time with Hernandez and neither one will be consistent?4. Is Ocho going to have a good to great year? Any impressions on this stuff would be most helpful, as my draft comes up Sunday night. TIA
1. Blount looks like the man in Tampa, he has gotten all of, if not most of the carries, but hasn't been effective thus far at all. OLine has been BAD.2. No main ball carrier. There has been a steady dose of Woodhead, BJGE so far, with both contributing positively. That doesn't even bring up Ridley, who hasn't done anything yet tonight.3. Despite the Hernandez TD earlier, I think Gronk is the go to guy in the red zone, but Hernandez will end up with more catches. Week to week, it is tough to project who will have a better game.4. I think Ocho will be a high end WR2 by the end of the year. This offense looks real good, but once TB and Ocho get in sync, they will really click about midway through the year. Could take a couple of weeks, so I'd try and trade before that first explosive game, which is going to happen sooner than later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see this game. Four questions:1. Will Blount be the heavy duty ball carrier for Tampa Bay? Will he be what Michael Turner has been for Atlanta?2. Is there a main ball carrier for New England? Or just another committee? 3. Is Gronkowski really a TE1? Or is he going to be splitting time with Hernandez and neither one will be consistent?4. Is Ocho going to have a good to great year? Any impressions on this stuff would be most helpful, as my draft comes up Sunday night. TIA
1. Blount looks like the man in Tampa, he has gotten all of, if not most of the carries, but hasn't been effective thus far at all. OLine has been BAD.2. No main ball carrier. There has been a steady dose of Woodhead, BJGE so far, with both contributing positively. That doesn't even bring up Ridley, who hasn't done anything yet tonight.3. Despite the Hernandez TD earlier, I think Gronk is the go to guy in the red zone, but Hernandez will end up with more catches. Week to week, it is tough to project who will have a better game.4. I think Ocho will be a high end WR2 by the end of the year. This offense looks real good, but once TB and Ocho get in sync, they will really click about midway through the year. Could take a couple of weeks, so I'd try and trade before that first explosive game, which is going to happen sooner than later.
:goodposting: I'd echo that.

1. Blount looks like the man in Tampa, he has gotten all of, if not most of the carries, but hasn't been effective thus far at all. OLine has been BAD.2. No main ball carrier. There has been a steady dose of Woodhead, BJGE so far, with both contributing positively. That doesn't even bring up Ridley, who hasn't done anything yet tonight.3. Despite the Hernandez TD earlier, I think Gronk is the go to guy in the red zone, but Hernandez will end up with more catches. Week to week, it is tough to project who will have a better game.4. I think Ocho will be a high end WR2 by the end of the year. This offense looks real good, but once TB and Ocho get in sync, they will really click about midway through the year. Could take a couple of weeks, so I'd let try and trade before that first explosive game, which is going to happen sooner than later.
Pretty much this, I have Ocho a lock for WR2 with WR1 Ceiling.

1. Will Blount be the heavy duty ball carrier for Tampa Bay? Will he be what Michael Turner has been for Atlanta?

TB offense looks horrible. Blount doing nothing in this game. Still think he will be the primary ball carrier for the Bucs. NE looking like the class of the league on both sides of the ball right now, most teams won't be as good as the Pats.

2. Is there a main ball carrier for New England? Or just another committee?

BJGE and Woodhead have been the two guys playing so far. Woodhead has played better and had a couple of receptions and a big 28 yard run. BJGE had a TD though. Still see this as a RBBC. Don't believe we've seen Ridley. Vereen still not able to go. BJGE just had a nice cutback for a 7 yard gain.

3. Is Gronkowski really a TE1? Or is he going to be splitting time with Hernandez and neither one will be consistent?

Both should see a lot of targets. Gronk will ne a TE1 based on red zone looks. A healthy Hernandez might have a fair amount of yardage playing in a hybrid TE/WR like role.

4. Is Ocho going to have a good to great year?

He should have a decent year, but there are many mouths to feed and there are a ton of weapons for the Pats.

Thanks for the info. Gronkowski really intrigues me, because I'd like to be able to pass on the first tier of tight ends.

Thanks for the info. Gronkowski really intrigues me, because I'd like to be able to pass on the first tier of tight ends.
I Believe they will share the field a lot, but I honestly believe TEs as a position will change this year across the NFL. Expecting Gronk to finish the better of the two. Top 5 potential.

TB is a GOOD team, too.
TB is a very average team that had a cupcake schedule last year. Team gets dose of reality this year. Freeman and Blount come back to earth this year. (The former in a big way to the point where the people ranking him as a Top 10 dynasty QB will look terrible)
I also put 100 on the Lions plus 3 Week 1 in Tampa. IF the Lions can't win with a healthy Stafford, healthy Best, healthy Calvin and a defense, then what's that say about their chances later in the season. Week 1 we'll know if the Lions are for real, whether they're on the road or not. Like you say, Tampa played a soft schedule overall, did show some promise and has a good young QB themself but they have a skeptical defense, one good teams should score on and their running game really isn't going to scare anyone that should allow for the Detroit Dline to put some serious pressure on Freeman.

I might be a huge Pats fan....but I can't see how anyone would take a QB over Brady (except for Rodgers/Vick).

I might be a huge Pats fan....but I can't see how anyone would take a QB over Brady (except for Rodgers/Vick).
Said that in the top 10 QB thread, I realize fantasy isnt NFL, but Brady has been the best QB in the NFL 2 of the last 4 years, and one of those years he didnt play (ACL tear).

Users who are viewing this thread